• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have been saying since day one that Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek would be amazing and I was RIGHT.

Gotta admit. Seeing the trailer made me a bit optimitistic.

And didn't think Jack Black would nail such a Bowser voice. Deep and gruff. I thought for comedic purposes he'd sound like his old self like Po. And thinking that they were gonna make Bowser be his silly self but hot damn they made him goddamn intimidating!
Actors like Jack Black have a lot more range than you'd think. It's just not every day that that gets to be displayed thanks to typecasting, haha.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Looks pretty decent. Nothing insane, but pretty compotent all things considered.

The cast seems really good for the most part. Jack Black is killing it as Bowser. Chris Pratt seems a a bit wonky... cool to hear the Brooklyn Mario of the old days though, kinda missed that interpretation

Need to see more, but overall decent first impression.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's actually hope for a 1993 reference in this
The 1993 movie is actually a prophecy in the kingdom.
After looking at the trailer, I've had a change in opinion and think it may be good but there's no way this will shake up animation more then a top tier Pixar movie.
Pixar’s been on a decline and getting really ****ed over by Disney lately. Having a big high budget animated movie come out, make a lot of movie, and steal attention from other projects, could be the exact motivation corporations need to treat these projects better and realize there’s more to this industry.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also I’m just happy that the score will have actual Mario songs in it.

That’s one of the issues with the Sonic films. Generic orchestral scores instead of 30 years of kickass music to use.
Second Sonic Movie Spoiler
That was my biggest problem with the Sonic movies, You have the ****ing Death Egg robot and you don't even play a note of it's theme. what the hell.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I noticed that Mario and Luigi weren't together.

Maybe the two got separated from each other after going through the green pipes back in the real world and later reunite.
I think this is a good indicator that they are probably doing the Mario V Donkey Kong Origin. Mario will fight DK, and end up following him to the mushroom kingdom.

Luigi will conveniently not be working that day and realize Mario is gone.

With turtles and crabs in the sewers attracting his attention, leading him to the kingdom eventually

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think this is a good indicator that they are probably doing the Mario V Donkey Kong Origin. Mario will fight DK, and end up following him to the mushroom kingdom.

With turtles and crabs in the sewers attracting his attention, leading him to the kingdom eventually
I wanted some bro interactions throughout the movie, though.

Dang.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wanted some bro interactions throughout the movie, though.

Dang.
I think they definitely meet up by like act 2, maybe act 3 because Luigi seems to be in Bowsers castle or world, but someone could help him escape there.

They said they want to pay respect to the years of games and stories, so if the first half hour covers wrecking crew, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, and the Mario Bros mini game, then I think it makes sense to have these here to honor that legacy.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

With Foreman Spike confirmed, I can imagine him telling Mario that there's problems going on at the construction site and Mario goes over to see a big ape climbing up the support beams which could begin a possible chase scene through the site.

Something like this trope:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eric Bauza (Bugs Bunny's VA) seems to be implying he provided VO for the film.
Side note, but I love how each of these koopas already have unique designs or character traits that make them feel like actual characters and not carbon cutouts like they’ve been doing in the newer Mario rpg games.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With Foreman Spike confirmed, I can imagine him telling Mario that there's problems going on at the construction site and Mario goes over to see a big ape climbing up the support beams which could begin a possible chase scene through the site.

Something like this trope:
There’s definitely a good chance that it plays out very similar to this. It would be a pretty logical way to get Mario out of the real world( or new donk city maybe).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Mario movie... actually looks kinda okay. Huh.

Chris Pratt literally just sounds like Chris Pratt lol. But everything else seems well put together. Pretty cool that Koji Kondo got to work on it, not having the original music was always the most disappointing thing about the Sonic movies to me.

Also they included the penguins from 64. I don't know why they're in the movie but I better see one of those mother ****ers get dropped off of a cliff.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
There’s definitely a good chance that it plays out very similar to this. It would be a pretty logical way to get Mario out of the real world( or new donk city maybe).
Maybe Cranky stumbled into the super world first.

Since he was a circus animal who later escaped.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want more clips before making a full judgement, but for now Mindy’s voice works for Velma
What a very meta and weird teaser but ok then. I assume if this is an actual clip it must be some weird prank because Velma ain’t gonna die lol.

Top Bottom