• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok i gotta say, Mario.. doesnt sound that bad to me. I know Twitter is going to rail me for that opinion but I honestly think it kind of works.

Its not World ending, Its not the second coming of god, its just Ok and thats Ok with me

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To me, Chris sounds good. Not good good, but he does sound like he doe work in some way for Mario. This will be interesting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, I think he works better in her voice acting if he just does his own voice to be honest
Certain Celebs can do that, but others can't, if you ask me.

Eddie Murphy? For sure. Mushu and Donkey work just fine.
Charlie Day? Look at the Lego Movie.
Chris Rock? Not so much.

I learned Peach's actress actually did some VO work on like the Playmobile movie or something, so she's got VO experience too. So maybe she'll do good too?

That was an ok trailer. Not bad, but not good either. Can't wait for everyone to gas it up and try to pretend this is such a massive leap forward for video game movie adaptations
It peaked with the MK1 movie. It's why Kano's even an Aussie.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, going to have to see more of the voice acting, but so far, Jack Black does a great job with Bowser. Chris is okay as Mario. Not great at the moment, but so far Chris's Mario voice does not sound out of place or untuned, which is a good thing.

I'll see what happens with the later trailers.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I find it absolutely hilarious that when they talked to Chris Pratt he both looked and sounded like he was reading off a script and had no clue what was going on

Anyways, the Bowser scene looked absolutely amazing visuals wise. Hopefully the rest of the film looks solid too.

Also Pokemon news was hype-

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok but in my serious thoughts, I was correct that Jack Black was a W casting. Chris Pratt isn't acting at all. Kevin Micheal Richardson is a W Keegan Micheal Key is as Toad is ****ing hilarious and also a W. The movie looks visually good, the opening looks fun, but uh...

We barely saw any Mario Bros.

Nor Peach.

Alright trailer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gotta admit. Seeing the trailer made me a bit optimitistic.

And didn't think Jack Black would nail such a Bowser voice. Deep and gruff. I thought for comedic purposes he'd sound like his old self like Po. And thinking that they were gonna make Bowser be his silly self but hot damn they made him goddamn intimidating!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok i gotta say, Mario.. doesnt sound that bad to me. I know Twitter is going to rail me for that opinion but I honestly think it kind of works.

Its not World ending, Its not the second coming of god, its just Ok and thats Ok with me
Chris Pratt works because it’s technically his voice but it’s always clearly shifted in tone and range, that it gives me the vibes of Mario having a Brooklyn and Italian accent based on the way he pronounced his lines.

Give Mario a voice that’s different enough from Chris Pratt while still letting you know it’s Chris Pratt. Which I don’t think is a bad idea.
That was an ok trailer. Not bad, but not good either. Can't wait for everyone to gas it up and try to pretend this is such a massive leap forward for video game movie adaptations
Nah, I would bet from this first travel, that this movie will shake up animation completely.

I could easily see this pave the way to more faithful video game adaptations, or even animation being taken more seriously at award ceremonies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I could easily see this pave the way to more faithful video game adaptations, or even animation being taken more seriously at award ceremonies.
Didn't Detective Pikachu do the first? It raised the bar hard and is kinda responsible for making the Sonic movies actually decent.

As for the 2nd part... I hope but I have doubts

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This trailer gave me vibes from the Sonic Movie post re-design

It seems like it will be a pretty average to good movie with great villain casting and a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok but in my serious thoughts, I was correct that Jack Black was a W casting. Chris Pratt isn't acting at all. Kevin Micheal Richardson is a W Keegan Micheal Key is as Toad is ****ing hilarious and also a W. The movie looks visually good, the opening looks fun, but uh...

We barely saw any Mario Bros.

Nor Peach.

Alright trailer.
That’s because the official trailer will show all of that. I think this also confirms, that it’s very likely Mario ends up in the mushroom kingdom because Donkey Kong invaded the construction. Site( or I guess Cranky actually). Which will lead Mario to discover the mushroom kingdom.

This trailer also implies Peach probably isn’t kidnapped right away.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn't Detective Pikachu do the first? It raised the bar hard and is kinda responsible for making the Sonic movies actually decent.

As for the 2nd part... I hope but I have doubts
For live action adaptations, I would say so. But we haven’t had any animated video game movie get this big.

I think with the cast, and animation, this has potential to really shake up that side of the industry.

Top Bottom