• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Me with the Mario RPG remake. Except I actually played and and I enjoyed it, just have yet to beat it.

but ngl, it's nothing special. Ik Mario RPGs are made to be easy and accessible to everyone but among other Mario RPGs this is super basic.
RPG is hard carried by its charm and amazing music tbh.

It's still my personal favorite (although that's mainly just nostalgia talking) but both Paper Mario and M&L offer much more in terms of depth and strategy.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
RPG is hard carried by its charm and amazing music tbh.

It's still my personal favorite (although that's mainly just nostalgia talking) but both Paper Mario and M&L offer much more in terms of depth and strategy.
It has charm and a good soundtrack but I may have spoiled myself cause I played like every PM and Mario and Luigi game before RPG (sans Color Splash and Paper Jam but they don't count).
Valve seriously dropped the ball

These are the new Deadlock heroes

and Fathom was originally named "Slork" in the files

****ING SLORK

AND THEY CHANGED IT???
ngl, this looks kinda... generic?

Also is Deadlock any good? I didn't even know it came out

Shroob

Sup?
It has charm and a good soundtrack but I may have spoiled myself cause I played like every PM and Mario and Luigi game before RPG (sans Color Splash and Paper Jam but they don't count).

It's a mixture of FPS and MOBA

Which has all the 'fun' stuff of mobas like Crowd Control(Slows, Stuns, etc), cooldown on skills, etc.

1000000% not my cup of tea, I've never liked Mobas and FPS mixing.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I am giving a little slack to some of visuals because the game is literally in alpha and technically hasn't even been announced, but at the very least Deadlock's cast already has more personality than anything in Dota 2. (this group in particular are literally unfinished and have just been rolled out for testing)

And I've been enjoying my time with it, It is basically exactly what you'd expect from a Third Person Shooter Moba,

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've never liked Mobas and FPS mixing.
I only seem to like MOBAs when they stray far enough from being like Dota or LoL (the former I only have lots of hours in because of people remaking other WC3/SC custom maps in it), which I thought Heroes of the Storm and Pokemon Unite both do, as well as MOBA-some-other-genre hybrids like Awesomenauts. So Deadlock might be up my alley but I'm not begging for an invite.

Shroob

Sup?
I only seem to like MOBAs when they stray far enough from being like Dota or LoL (the former I only have lots of hours in because of people remaking other WC3/SC custom maps in it), which I thought Heroes of the Storm and Pokemon Unite both do, as well as MOBA-some-other-genre hybrids like Awesomenauts. So Deadlock might be up my alley but I'm not begging for an invite.
As someone who played Super Monday Night Combat, it HARD turned me off from the genres mixing. That game was... not good, and the idea of shooter + levels + skills + Crowd Control + items was.... horrible.

Oh it's a Moba. Alright.

I have never played a MOBA in my life

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Heroes of the Storm, Pokemon Unite and Smite are the only Mobas I really played until Deadlock, and It is definitely more in line with Smite than any of the others.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have never played a MOBA in my life
Don't worry, I have a handy guide to getting started playing Dota 2:

1. Ignore the actual game and just play tower defense maps made for it
2. Wonder why you're not playing them in Warcraft III/Starcraft II instead because all the custom maps people make besides Auto Chess are remakes of custom maps made for those two games

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only MOBA game I’ve played was Marvel: Super War…illegally…

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I mentioned this...Disventure Camp Season 4's cast was revealed a while back
View attachment 395542
OddNation Cartoons' YouTube channel has the names and individual introductions on their Community tab! I'm rooting for Benji!
First of, tbh this looks like a rehash of Total Drama Island

Second, it gets brownie points for vitiligo

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I made a DreamWorks tier list cuz I felt like it.
1729851207359.png

Is it stupid to have the Trolls sequels above The Last Wish and in the same tier as The Prince of Egypt? Perhaps...but the movies are just so dang BEAUTIFUL and in such a wonderful world and also they have Icona Pop so I don't care

First of, tbh this looks like a rehash of Total Drama Island

Second, it gets brownie points for vitiligo
It's not really a rehash. It takes a lot of inspiration from Total Drama - even officially talked with the creators so as to not get whammo'd by copyright. Though if I tried to fully explain the whole Total Drama connection we'd be here all day.

It wears its influences on its sleeve, but in a lot of ways it really stands out. It's a lot more similar to Survivor in tone and also tends to be a lot more serious and less comedy-focused. You won't find much in the way of Owen-style toilet humor here. This show can get dark at times, whereas the darkest Total Drama really got was with Ezekiel's 'feral' arc. But at the end of the day it's a really fun show with genuinely well-done character arcs, sweet romantic arcs, and Gabby is about one of my favorite characters in anything.

There's only one problem - just like Total Drama, the All-Stars season was hot garbage.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Godzilla vs. Attack on Titan in a nutshell

Fire Gorilla: Godzilla
Weird Shadow People: Titans
To each their own. Penny Peterson is what ruined the film for me but I respect your opinion.

Same for **** in Boots. Humpty Dumpty's actions were hypocritical and didn't deserve his redemption but nope apparently no matter what friendship always prevails! /s

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Valve seriously dropped the ball

These are the new Deadlock heroes

and Fathom was originally named "Slork" in the files

****ING SLORK

AND THEY CHANGED IT???
Calling them new is a stretch considering that they're explicitly unfinished and available in hero labs purely for playtesting purposes. A few of them has placeholder weapons, animations and even a few abilities from other heroes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. You have to pick Sonic levels from the following titles to include in a Generations expansion pack for Sonic’s campaign.

Sonic CD
Sonic 4
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
Sonic Frontiers
Sonic Superstars

Which levels do you pick? And no, you can’t pick levels from Shadow’s campaign.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok. You have to pick Sonic levels from the following titles to include in a Generations expansion pack for Sonic’s campaign.

Sonic CD
Sonic 4
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
Sonic Frontiers
Sonic Superstars

Which levels do you pick? And no, you can’t pick levels from Shadow’s campaign.
Collision Chaos
Winter Park or whatever that level was idrc
Uh... Windy Hill
Press Garden
Kronos Island
Idk on the last one.

Top Bottom