• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh yeah...ye olde 2020 Situation was NOT kind to these places, if I remember correctly.
They were already shutting down years ago, McDonald's already wanted to get rid of their Play Places in the 2010s for health concerns and to make their restaurants look fancier.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The NSO expansion pass is almost 3 years old.

Next year Nintendo says something exciting will be added next year.

Calling it now: We get Superman 64
I'm sure whatever the NSO playtest is going to be one of the "excitement" they're talking about.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
They were already shutting down years ago, McDonald's already wanted to get rid of their Play Places in the 2010s for health concerns and to make their restaurants look fancier.
Okay, but now that you mention it...McDonalds like does NOT need to be fancy lol.

Though I partially get why it's getting less of a child-aimed demographic, since people have been standing against kids eating that kind of food. But I do kinda miss the personality McDonalds had when I was a kid. Back in my day, McDonalds was a lot less...beige.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I can't help but find it a little odd how people talk about Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate like it's one of Dreamworks' central, big-budget offerings in the same league as Antz, Shrek, HTTYD, Mr. Peabody and Sherman and the like.

Ignoring its quality, it's clearly a made-for-TV-and-streaming, low-budget, non-major affair in the same league as your typical direct-to-video Disney sequel. No-one ever considers the direct-to-video Disney movies as part of their catalog of films, so I find it odd that people have been doing that for Megamind 2.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't help but find it a little odd how people talk about Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate like it's one of Dreamworks' central, big-budget offerings in the same league as Antz, Shrek, HTTYD, Mr. Peabody and Sherman and the like.

Ignoring its quality, it's clearly a made-for-TV-and-streaming, low-budget, non-major affair in the same league as your typical direct-to-video Disney sequel. No-one ever considers the direct-to-video Disney movies as part of their catalog of films, so I find it odd that people have been doing that for Megamind 2.
It's because of memes.

It's just funnier to act like Doom Syndicate is on the same level as their other movies, just because it makes it look like even more of a travesty as the long awaited sequel to Megamind.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Speaking of DreamWorks, King Julien is the most bi-coded character that has ever lived

How do you stop yourself from arguing with strangers online?
People generally say to take a deep breath, which I agree with. But also when I get frustrated, I like to picture the things that I like (flowers, food, media that I like). That usually helps to calm me down.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Man, I have had a rotten day. I ended up in the hospital after I burned myself checking on the coolant in my car on my way to work, and just now I got bit by my sister's dog., and this after I ran over something on my way to work on Saturday . I can't get a break. Maybe listening to something good can at least help calm me down a bit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it.

HOLY ****! IS THAT A MOTHER****ING JOJO REFERENCE?!
Miles: creates electric swords, gets Wakandan gear, is a vampire, and anime references galore
Gwen: symbiote becomes roided up and is getting Galactus powers
Ultimate Peter: casually a pure chad dad that is built different
Regular Peter: depression

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah P3R update. I've been taking it slow since I've been working on my game but I did finally leave Tartarus the other day and did most of Shinjiro's linked episode.

Knowing what I know about what comes later, that... really hit hard

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh, and another thing
People rag on it, but I still like Yoshi on NES. I certainly come back more to it than Dr. Mario.

I think I find this and the Quinty remake more interesting than any of the Pokemon stuff. I would totally buy a homebrew cart of latter to play and put on my shelf. Like Star Fox 2, hopefully Nintendo/GF chooses to release it someday; granted you can already play the NES version of Quinty through Namco Museum Archives Vol 2.

I assume that since Pikachu was on the title screen for this but not Bushi Seiryuuden, it would have originally been made as a NP Cart release like Thracia 776 or Metal Slader Glory DC.

Top Bottom