• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well that's good for your resume

Now I'm not sure if you already have done this already, but if you want to have some cash in you pocket, apply to absolutely crummy jobs that always hire, like retail at a supermarket or a movie theater or something. It won't help with your depression and in fact make it a hell of a lot worse, but at least you're getting paid a bit.

In your spare time, you can look for the job you actually want.

if you already done this then maybe it's the way you interview. I can't help you with that but keep sharpening those interviewing skills.

Also presentation and all, thrift a nice dress or slacks and a good shirt if you haven't.
Ive had one interview where the girl literally said she was i trested i hiring me, she showed me around, we exchanged phone nunbers..and I was ghosted. I recent applied to a 7/11, ghosted, applied to another per smart, ghosted. ****ing hell, i might as well ask the place I get my snakes food from if they are hiring because i sure dont mind handeling snakes. But im 100% sure im going to be ghosted there too. My brother in christ, im sure of it, no one wants me

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
May be bad timing but genuinelly, keep trying. Yeah I made a post here, but before this I was genuinelly struggling. I was unemployed my first 4 months out of college, then worked a ****ty food service job for 6 months, and then worked a low paying job where I was struggling to make ends meet with bill payments. I was depressed as a mf, the first 10 months of last year may have been the absolute lowest I have ever been in my entire life. No motivation to better myself, no friends to talk to, no space of my own to relax.

Now I'm telling you this because I wanna say that this **** is tough, this wasn't handed to me easy peasy. It took numerous therapy sessions and lots of reflection and changes for me to get to where I'm at now. 4 weeks ago, I was legit crying in my car because I got rejected for the umpteenth time, it got that bad. But still, no matter how bad life punches at ya, keep striking back. It can't dodge all your punches.

Now as for you specifically, I know you have experience pet sitting and walking animals, so for the time being, I would check out some pet-sitting apps such as Rover. And also, if you want to work at a petsmart or something like you said you did, put the pet sitting stuff on your resume if you haven't already.
it took me a LOT of favors to get the job I currently have, nobody wants to ****ing hire in this economy and then the employers complain when nobody wants to work for 9/hr making pizzas anymore

I tried the local gas station, walmart, target, basically everything - took me calling in a favor from my schools guidance counsuller, a local state funded job search progam, AND a local nonprofit to help disabled folk like me get a job, and even then, I just barely got my current position :skull:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes, I'll go on Youtube and just

Listen to "You're in an empty mall and X is playing" songs.

All the malls around here have closed shop due to them being out of the way and the convenience of online shopping

Sometimes, I miss how things used to be, even if they're all around better now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I even have a nice pair of pants and a nice while blouse so the only thing I can think of is im the problem.
I MUST be the problem
Maybe its because im fat (i dont even look.all the fat the begin with)
Maybe its because im a woman
Mayne ita because im black
Maybe its because of my hair
Maybe its all 4

All i know is I must be the problem and idk what to do

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I even have a nice pair of pants and a nice while blouse so the only thing I can think of is im the problem.
I MUST be the problem
Maybe its because im fat (i dont even look.all the fat the begin with)
Mayne ita because im black
Maybe its all 4

All i know is I must the the problem and idk what to do
You can't think of it like that, you'll internalize it.

The job market is a ***** right now, it's hard for a lot of people. This isn't the universe conspiring against you, or some insurmountable personal failing on your part. You're just having some bad luck. It happens to all of us.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I MUST be the problem
Maybe its because im fat (i do t even look.all the fat the begin with)
Mayne ita because im.black
Maybe its all 4

All i know is I must the the problem and idk what to do
Having a defeatist mindset only makes things 1000x worse. The odds may be against you but that doesn't mean you can't cash in

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

All the malls around here have closed shop due to them being out of the way and the convenience of online shopping

On one hand, online shopping is extremely convenient, especially in regards to travel and amidst COVID.

On the other hand, going to an actually good mall can actually be really fun.

Despite all the flaws malls might have, I see people lamenting all the time online about malls that end up getting closed down and/or abandoned, especially people mentioning that they went there when they were younger and miss visiting ones they used to go to that are either closed down or have very few tenants left.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

There's a small yet notable outdoor mall in my town. When I was younger, it was bustling place, with shops, resturaunts, movies and more. Was busy and populated every weekend. And top top it off, it was across a middle school so it was a popular teen hangout spot.

I visited it this year. Dead. Nobody there, all the stores I liked as a kid are all gone, no replacement stores for them so there's just a bunch of empty rooms, I very rarely see young teens there anymore (plz don't take this out of context) and all the teen stores are, once again, gone.

Sad to see

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I haven't finished the game yet but I think Persona 4 is now in my top 20 favorite games of all time if not top 10

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
His Amazon show is also apparently one of the most inhumane experiences for everyone involved and they tried to hush money people with 2000 dollars. Participants, doctors and nurses from the area it was filmed have all collaborated on these reports. Contestants were starved, had medicine that was taken away and they couldn’t receive it. Several contestants suffered seizures, likely because of not having meds.

The games were all physical and the elderly and woman basically stood no chance. They also failed to cover flights home for contestants like promised, offered therapy through their insurance if guests accepted the hush money, and the contestants were left in the same clothes and unsanitary conditions.

Multiple injuries and broken bones have been record at the hospital, with several evacuations needed. There was no medical team on sight and no clear instructions were ver given for each game, leading to chaos and injury.

Seems they were under prepared for the 5000 contestants, but that’s not really excuse when both Amazon and Mr beast should have had no issues being prepared.

And this doesn’t even get into the proof that several videos are fully faked, have employees as contestants and not real people, and even created false narratives for engagement. On top of lottery fraud and fake signature signings which were actually proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
I'm pretty sure this stuff was already makimg tne rounds some time after the Squid Games kinda thing happened. Like, this is old news tbh

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mega Man 1 or Mega Man Powered Up? Which do you prefer?
Both are solid, but MM1 overall. Powered Up arguably has the most physics changes within the Classic series (floatier jumps/slide is slow) and shots don't go through walls. If you're looking for content, then certainly Powered Up, but if you're looking to get into the rest of the series or looking for something that is less of a time-investment, then MM1.

If you're worried about the Yellow Devil in MM1, I would recommend playing the Wily Wars version where it moves significantly slower. You do have to be mindful of increased boss invincibility frames in Wily Wars, but as a trade off, it's easier to tell their attacks as there is less sprite flickering and some boss attacks are slower.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm pretty sure this stuff was already makimg tne rounds some time after the Squid Games kinda thing happened. Like, this is old news tbh
Maybe but from what I’ve seen I don’t think it was. Pretty sure the Amazon deal was only signed this year and the reports are from recently. Last year was Netflix with its squid games reality show though and it’s inhumane conditions.

So very similar regardless.Could be wrong, but given the squid games showing suffering the same that may be way it sounds familiar. Either way both are pretty terrible things for people to be put through.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe but from what I’ve seen I don’t think it was. Pretty sure the Amazon deal was only signed this year and the reports are from recently. Last year was Netflix with its squid games reality show though and it’s inhumane conditions.

So very similar regardless.Could be wrong, but given the squid games showing suffering the same that may be way it sounds familiar. Either way both are pretty terrible things for people to be put through.
Ah so I mixed them up, my bad. Also yeah if it happened before the it absolutely sucks for the people who suffered for it

Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 8: Frogadier

Never heard the word brigadier before this guy.

Doing what? Doing what??
Gonna try to leave a response to all of these because Kalos is MY region and every Pokemon it has is a banger.

Frogadier is a Pokemon I generally don't think about much, but its bubble scarf looks rad and I LOVE its voice in the anime. Plus it just makes for a great transition between cute lil Froakie and the legendary Greninja, y'know?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Both are solid, but MM1 overall. Powered Up arguably has the most physics changes within the Classic series (floatier jumps/slide is slow) and shots don't go through walls. If you're looking for content, then certainly Powered Up, but if you're looking to get into the rest of the series or looking for something that is less of a time-investment, then MM1.

If you're worried about the Yellow Devil in MM1, I would recommend playing the Wily Wars version where it moves significantly slower. You do have to be mindful of increased boss invincibility frames in Wily Wars, but as a trade off, it's easier to tell their attacks as there is less sprite flickering and some boss attacks are slower.
Oh. I’ve beaten nes Mega Man 1 on the Legacy Collection. I’m just curious which version people prefer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haunted Mansion Holiday is back open at Disneyland and we might have our first Fox stuff in the parks

The Jack-in-the-boxes seem to have Jangles the Clown from Inside Out and Krusty the Clown from The Simpsons on them
A Simpsons reference in Nightmare Before Christmas-related media was not something I ever expected.

I need a reference to Sideshow Bob now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It appears that we now know why there isn't a new Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games game:

View attachment 393031

What bull****
Over 90% of NFTs: fall to zero dollars in value

The Olympic Committee: "Clearly we should pursue NFTs as a new easy means of making FREE MONEY!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom