• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh wow cool I get to meet Fuuka, all I know about her is a couple of jokes, 2 of which involve Aleks Le so this should be goo-OOOH AAAARGH NOOOO FUUKAAA
I see that you came to the part where she pulled out the bazooka.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm unlocking more social links and the need to balance time for social links and ways to boost social stats is genuinely compelling, I've gotten pretty decent social stats so far too, I'm greatly enjoying the cast too
I see that you came to the part where she pulled out the bazooka.
THE WHAT

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mr beast is officially done. Not only was he proved that he was active in Kris Tyson’s discord where they shared CP with minors and engaged inappropriately with them, which means he lied about not knowing about Kris’s behavior;

His Amazon show is also apparently one of the most inhumane experiences for everyone involved and they tried to hush money people with 2000 dollars. Participants, doctors and nurses from the area it was filmed have all collaborated on these reports. Contestants were starved, had medicine that was taken away and they couldn’t receive it. Several contestants suffered seizures, likely because of not having meds.

The games were all physical and the elderly and woman basically stood no chance. They also failed to cover flights home for contestants like promised, offered therapy through their insurance if guests accepted the hush money, and the contestants were left in the same clothes and unsanitary conditions.

Multiple injuries and broken bones have been record at the hospital, with several evacuations needed. There was no medical team on sight and no clear instructions were ver given for each game, leading to chaos and injury.

Seems they were under prepared for the 5000 contestants, but that’s not really excuse when both Amazon and Mr beast should have had no issues being prepared.

And this doesn’t even get into the proof that several videos are fully faked, have employees as contestants and not real people, and even created false narratives for engagement. On top of lottery fraud and fake signature signings which were actually proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On a different note if you haven’t played Pokemon Masters in awhile or You still play it now, login right now to get up to 15,700 gems.

They apparently adjusted the rewards for the story chapters, so they gave a whole bunch of stuff out to people who already completed them. Which is pretty nice as that’s 5 multis right there and anniversary is coming up soon.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sega pulling a Sonic Origins with Sonic Generations as the game has been delisted from Xbox.

The title was backwards compatible (meaning it was safe from the Xbox 360 store closure earlier today) and was likely delisted to make Sonic x Shadow Generations the main version.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sega pulling a Sonic Origins with Sonic Generations as the game has been delisted from Xbox.

The title was backwards compatible (meaning it was safe from the Xbox 360 store closure earlier today) and was likely delisted to make Sonic x Shadow Generations the main version.
Good thing I got it physical

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just got back last night from seeing Deadpool & Wolverine and I gotta say it lived up to its expectations. This and Guardians 3 truly were the MCU films worth waiting for! :D

And although Deadpool and Vanessa did break up until the end of the film, soooo glad it wasn't one of those cases of things turning bitter for a couple when breaking up as they were still good friends. I want to see more of that in movies.

Also one thing I was confused about. If the events of Logan took place in Deadpool's universe, did Deadpool go into the future rather than different universe in the beginning? Also why didn't Deadpool just seek out his universe's Wolverine instead of a different one? I might have missed something perhaps.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't have submechanophobia but there's something oddly fascinating and creepy about abandoned or damaged animatronics that happen to be underwater.

For one, the water is often filthy and dark, so it's already dangerous on it's own. Two, the thought of the animatronic suddenly resuming operation and springing back to life is an irrational thought that's straight out of a horror movie and tends to be the first thing I think of upon seeing photos of stuff like the old giant squids that sat abandoned in Disney World's 20'000 Leagues Under the Sea ride for a decade.

On the other hand, things like sunken ships and perfectly intact animatronics (or at least ones that aren't designed to be inherently creepy to begin with) don't creep me out at all since at the very least, ships were supposed to be above water before it sank, so they aren't far from where they normally are, and they lack the resemblance to a living being that animatronics, however damaged, may have. Animatronics that aren't deliberately designed to be inherently frightening or imposing don't scare me, either, and there are severael that were designed as such that still don't, so I guess in this case it's more that most underwater ones are built to look like giant monsters or Eldritch Abominations...or just sharks in some cases.

I guess just seeing abandoned and damaged sites in general creeps me out, since I get very similar vibes from seeing long abandoned buildings and amusement parks. I wouldn't have brought this up if I hadn't recently seen a few videos about the subject in my Youtube feed lol.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just got back last night from seeing Deadpool & Wolverine and I gotta say it lived up to its expectations. This and Guardians 3 truly were the MCU films worth waiting for! :D

And although Deadpool and Vanessa did break up until the end of the film, soooo glad it wasn't one of those cases of things turning bitter for a couple when breaking up as they were still good friends. I want to see more of that in movies.

Also one thing I was confused about. If the events of Logan took place in Deadpool's universe, did Deadpool go into the future rather than different universe in the beginning? Also why didn't Deadpool just seek out his universe's Wolverine instead of a different one? I might have missed something perhaps.
I know a lot of people were confused by that,by I think this is the explanation:
I assume Logan is the future of Deadpool’s timeline. It’s why the kid at the car dealership recognizes Wolverine( he must be alive still or the kid would be like, didn’t you die?)

Wade can’t get an earlier version from his timeline because as we learn in Loki the end and beginning of a universe exist at the same time. So removing Logan would just cause TVA to send him back and the timeline to continue.

Wade only knows about the events of Logan because he sees past the fourth wall. So he presumably traveled to the future which is why he needed a time traveling device to begin with.

Because his universe was already dying, he couldn’t stop it with his Logan. Based on the rules it seemed that none of the other Logan’s worked either. But because this one made the sacrifice and learned to be a true hero, it saved their timeline. I’m guessing that’s probably because of something Loki did to save Wade’s timeline seeing the effort they put in. Because they couldn’t alter the events of Logan’s timeline. But this Logan saved the multiverse and was given a second chance to live his life as a hero with a new family, even if it wasn’t the X-men he once had.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Seriously. They need to make a new Game & Watch Gallery game.

Just have all the game and watch games with both modern and classic versions. I’d love to see how they all get Mario characters incorporated into them (except Zelda and Punch-Out). Heck with the two Joy con setup this is really the first time they could easily replicate those little 2 player ones.
Building off this, New Donk City would serve most of these games greatly. No more forcing that gas station game or manhole to be set at peach’s castle. Just set it in New Donk.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series appearing to be dead, do you think the Mario & Sonic idea should go on but in a different genre?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
A third* Toby Fox song for a hololive talent is about to hit

*So he has only officially done one song for hololive before, Fallen Wing, but this is where I get to talk about one of my favorite conspiracy theories. there is another song done by the producer U.Z. INU, I'm Your Treasure Box, Thing about U.Z. INU is that this producer has only done that song and some songs for Homestar Runner, U.Z. INU can also be read as "Uzai Inu", which is Japanese for Annoying Dog, which is the avatar Toby Fox uses. Also for all the hololive songs, they involve the producer Camellia who Toby has worked with in the past for the game Dweller's Empty Path.

Also Toby Fox is literally also the only person I can think of who has the exact type of clout to do work for Homestar Runner and Hololive. (Deltarune Chapter 2 has a sizable chunk that is all Homestar Runner References after all)

(Also there is a Soundcloud account with the name U.Z. INU but that appears to be an unrelated account)

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Computer technician at an elementary school.

I'm also planning on moving out too (I do have a place I can stay that's much closer) so that's lowkey kinda scary.
oh word, I'm planning on moving out to a place closer to my elementary school job too, it'll pay for itself if I can make it work lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Everyone here is getting jobs while im still hear trying, failing and borderline getting depressed over it. Lifes great.
May be bad timing but genuinelly, keep trying. Yeah I made a post here, but before this I was genuinelly struggling. I was unemployed my first 4 months out of college, then worked a ****ty food service job for 6 months, and then worked a low paying job where I was struggling to make ends meet with bill payments. I was depressed as a mf, the first 10 months of last year may have been the absolute lowest I have ever been in my entire life. No motivation to better myself, no friends to talk to, no space of my own to relax.

Now I'm telling you this because I wanna say that this **** is tough, this wasn't handed to me easy peasy. It took numerous therapy sessions and lots of reflection and changes for me to get to where I'm at now. 4 weeks ago, I was legit crying in my car because I got rejected for the umpteenth time, it got that bad. But still, no matter how bad life punches at ya, keep striking back. It can't dodge all your punches.

Now as for you specifically, I know you have experience pet sitting and walking animals, so for the time being, I would check out some pet-sitting apps such as Rover. And also, if you want to work at a petsmart or something like you said you did, put the pet sitting stuff on your resume if you haven't already.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
May be bad timing but genuinelly, keep trying. Yeah I made a post here, but before this I was genuinelly struggling. I was unemployed my first 4 months out of college, then worked a ****ty food service job for 6 months, and then worked a low paying job where I was struggling to make ends meet with bill payments. I was depressed as a mf, the first 10 months of last year may have been the absolute lowest I have ever been in my entire life. No motivation to better myself, no friends to talk to, no space of my own to relax.

Now I'm telling you this because I wanna say that this **** is tough, this wasn't handed to me easy peasy. It took numerous therapy sessions and lots of reflection and changes for me to get to where I'm at now. 4 weeks ago, I was legit crying in my car because I got rejected for the umpteenth time, it got that bad. But still, no matter how bad life punches at ya, keep striking back. It can't dodge all your punches.

Now as for you specifically, I know you have experience pet sitting and walking animals, so for the time being, I would check out some pet-sitting apps such as Rover. And also, if you want to work at a petsmart or something like you said you did, put the pet sitting stuff on your resume if you haven't already.
I know you are trying to cheer me up and I love thay, thanks. I do have the pet stuff on my resume but, man, my brother, idk how long I can keep punching before i start punchng the air or myself. I just want to be given a chance and sadly... no one is willing to. Kinda makes me.feel useless. Any moment you see me being happy, im probably high key just pretending because, how is everyone so lucky and Im here still living with my dad with no job. Why wont anyone give me a chance.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know you are trying to cheer me up and I love thay, thanks. I do have the pet stuff on my resume but, man, my brother, idk how long I can keep punching before i start punchng the air or myself. I just want to be given a chance and sadly... no one is will to. Kinda makes me.feel useless
Well that's good for your resume

Now I'm not sure if you already have done this already, but if you want to have some cash in you pocket, apply to absolutely crummy jobs that always hire, like retail at a supermarket or a movie theater or something. It won't help with your depression and in fact make it a hell of a lot worse, but at least you're getting paid a bit.

In your spare time, you can look for the job you actually want.

if you already done this then maybe it's the way you interview. I can't help you with that but keep sharpening those interviewing skills.

Also presentation and all, thrift a nice dress or slacks and a good shirt if you haven't.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I work for my parents. I don't really like being a nepo baby but it helps that I don't plan on working on their field once I'm done studying, plus I don't get that many benefits since I can sometimes go months without work.

I should be getting more work soon but that also coincides with me starting school so we'll see how sustainable that is

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love Yukari and kept her in my party a lot but I simply didn't feel like healing in battle was all that necessary with how easy Reload is. Like, most of the time, using items is more practical than healing skills.
the piercing and theurgy moves are also beneficial, but for someone like me who watches the cpu be stupid she benefits them
With Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series appearing to be dead, do you think the Mario & Sonic idea should go on but in a different genre?
Mario & Sonic inside a wrestling ring

Top Bottom