• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Next in line for a sequel show: Wizards of Waverly Place

The sequel has Justin Russo decide to abandon being a wizard in favor of a normal human life with his wife and children. The reason being some incident at WizTech.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If it was up to me, I'd switch Ken and Shinjiro's costumes but overall I like the selections. Fuuka especially looks good in Oracle's outfit.

Funny how nothing can make Junpei take off his hat.
Junpei loves that hat even into adulthood

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

Indy: "Man, I'm so nervous to see my new game at last. Hopefully I get to punch a lot of Nazis"
Blade: "Your fans surely will enjoy It. Although I personally will wait to see myself beating vampires".
:ultbanjokazooie:: "Hopefully our time will come at some point too! Guh-huh!"
Spyro: "Trust me Banjo, good things do come to those who wait. Just look at my friend Crash getting new games and all, isn't It right?"
Crash: "Woah!"
:ultsteve:: .... (I just wanna see if Jack Black does me justice)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we ever get Banjo-Kazooie news, I can see it being shown in a Nintendo presentation and not exclusively an Xbox presentation. The bond between the two companies basically makes them feel like a single entity.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

Indy: "Dudes... It was beautiful. My face, the whip mechanics, the enviroments, the music... Everything. It was amazing.

Enough about me doh, which were your favourite things?"
Blade: "I really liked Senua's Saga:Hellblade 2. Idk, It reminded me of my scariest hunts. Could be a really fascinating game"
Spyro: "Avowed surprised me. Reminded me of the classic Elder Scrolls 3D titles. Also love me some fantasy enviroments. Seems like Kazooie enjoyed It too"
:ultbanjokazooie:: "Visions Of Mana looked neat! It reminded me of my friends Shulk and Link who I met over at Smash Bros. I'm sure they would have a blast with It!"
Indy: "Ok, I am curious as a history teacher myself: what did ya'll think about Ara: History Untold?"
Uncomfortable silence

Indy: "...Alright! Anyways, gotta go. My friend Nathan Drake is throwing a surprise party for my friend Lara Croft, since she's getting her revival soon. Don't worry Banjo, we will take a toast in your honour too. See ya!"

Everyone else: "Bye Indy!"
:ultsteve::....... "well, at least Jack Black isn't Chris Pratt".

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am disappointed that it is First Person I feel like it is removing some personality from a series that has a lot of it.

but also I feel like having it be Third Person would have too many unfavorable comparisons to Uncharted/Modern Tomb Raider so I get why they did it alongside Machinegames being devs that mainly work in First Person.

Nazi Punching will be very satisfying either way.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Throwback to early 2013, when the names for Inkay and Malamar were leaked, along with the fact that the line would have something to do with flipping or reversing.

For a brief moment, the prevailing theory was that these new Pokemon must be a yak that evolves into a ram, respectively. Because Inkay backwards is Yakni, and Malamar backwards is Ramalam.

Despite the fact that yaks and rams are completely separate animals.

The Pokemon fandom is a silly fandom :yoshi:

This has been funny moments in Pokemon fandom history, with Noipoi.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shocker: Getting the Wolfenstein Devs to make an Indiana Jones game was in fact an excellent idea*

*This is in fact not a shocker
I can't believe they actually think doing Indy in first person is a good idea. I know it's the Wolfenstein people so it's what they know but still, every other game in this genre is third person for a reason.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I know I am late to this Chugga thing, but... um, if I'm to be honest, it feels like there's something suspicious about this Emily person. I don't want to discredit her, at the very least, the initial images are likely real, but the way she behaves later on, it feels like she's not really taking it seriously. Let me explain why.

The initial posts. From what it looks like, they've had a friendship for a few months now at least. Is that the case, okay? In a normal / healthy friendship, I would think that if she was feeling uncomfortable, she would at least say something regarding the situation. I would have understood it better if she at least said something like maybe 'hey, i don't feel comfortable about it' or a simple 'no thanks you', and then this behavior persisted anyways, I don't think it would have been a bad thing to say, it's what good friends would do to each other. Yet we never see any boundaries being established anywhere, at most, she claims to have used harsh jokes to steer it around, which... I feel... makes the situation worse imo.

There is also the other screenshot where it seems like there is a 20 minutes gap, looking like they discussed about something and reached an agreement. I wonder if she retracted it at some point? If so, why? And... there was even multiple window of opportunity for her to at least say something, especially when Chugga tried to apologize, even if it wasn't the best, it was still a good chance. Yet, she chose to ghost her, instead of PROPERLY COMMUNICATING. For ****s sake, we're in 2024! Although rare, I've been in this kind of situation before where I got blamed for something minor or the likes.

There is also the fact that she seemed to dangle around the idea of 'there are other victims in the past decade' so casually. Isn't that a serious accusation that needs to be elaborated upon? It's been 2-3 days and there's still nothing about it. Maybe I'm wrong and she ACTUALLY does follow up, but her response kind of comes off as passive aggressive, and... doesn't actually at least say a piece of evidence? I feel like she's kind of adding fuel to the fire. Why did she back off after he apologized? The more time passes without elaboration, the more rumors it's going to be created... and probably also make her story fall apart. Which, speaking of...

Some people recently found out that it is not the first time she's been involved in vagueposting (being vague about situations). A few months ago, she made vagueposting when Quinton Reviews was dealing with a difficult controversy, that boiled down to being accused of harassing and underpaying a former female employer, only for him to provide evidence that she was actually the one at fault for trying to initiate romantic stuff with him and when rejected, made a revenge video. Quite a few details are strikingly close to what Emily is now accusing Chugga of. She made vagueposting about Quinton, and people dogpiled / called out on her, it felt like she was trying to make the person even more depressed in a difficult period.

I hope I'm not being too harsh or dismissive of what she said, as I said, I am open to being wrong and I do not intend to attack her, but right now, it kinda feels like she was doing it for... some momentary fame? She was a bit upset that a certain person (Chugga) was in green from being drama free and made a call out post like this, when it could've been resolved in PMs. It's overall weird, but... ugh. It's like the high school drama stuff.

I've also seen some people complain that victims aren't immediately believed on Twitter, but to be honest, missing nuances, context and vagueposting are exactly the reasons why I am rather skeptical of the ordeal. I will wait to see how Chugga replies. I truly believe he can rebound easier. Right now though... conveniently cropped screenshots makes me feel like his reputation is being trampled on by someone who didn't like that he was a chill, wholesome guy.

People will probably lash at me for what I said, or call me rather cold. But I think it's a bit rational enough for my explaination of why I tend to be skeptical when callout posts happen on Twitter. Sometimes it's not what you think it is. And, holy ****, communication would be the easiest way to resolve things, not have to leave it for others to see. The idea of "you don't get to be told you're doing something wrong, and you'll like it!" is... a toxic mindset. Something, that I had to escape from, by my own personal experience.

Apologies for the long post. It's just tiring.

TLDR: Given that there is missing nuances / context and that her follow up post is rather vague beside just 'there are other victims over the past decade', I have some skepticism about her side of story, especially due to past history of being vague about things.

EDIT: I also remembered that it happened right as he was going to one of the events, MAGfest I believe. It feels like horrible timing if I have to be honest.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know I am late to this Chugga thing, but... um, if I'm to be honest, it feels like there's something suspicious about this Emily person. I don't want to discredit her, at the very least, the initial images are likely real, but the way she behaves later on, it feels like she's not really taking it seriously. Let me explain why.

The initial posts. From what it looks like, they've had a friendship for a few months now at least. Is that the case, okay? In a normal / healthy friendship, I would think that if she was feeling uncomfortable, she would at least say something regarding the situation. I would have understood it better if she at least said something like maybe 'hey, i don't feel comfortable about it' or a simple 'no thanks you', and then this behavior persisted anyways, I don't think it would have been a bad thing to say, it's what good friends would do to each other. Yet we never see any boundaries being established anywhere, at most, she claims to have used harsh jokes to steer it around, which... I feel... makes the situation worse imo.

There is also the other screenshot where it seems like there is a 20 minutes gap, looking like they discussed about something and reached an agreement. I wonder if she retracted it at some point? If so, why? And... there was even multiple window of opportunity for her to at least say something, especially when Chugga tried to apologize, even if it wasn't the best, it was still a good chance. Yet, she chose to ghost her, instead of PROPERLY COMMUNICATING. For ****s sake, we're in 2024! Although rare, I've been in this kind of situation before where I got blamed for something minor or the likes.

There is also the fact that she seemed to dangle around the idea of 'there are other victims in the past decade' so casually. Isn't that a serious accusation that needs to be elaborated upon? It's been 2-3 days and there's still nothing about it. Maybe I'm wrong and she ACTUALLY does follow up, but her response kind of comes off as passive aggressive, and... doesn't actually at least say a piece of evidence? I feel like she's kind of adding fuel to the fire. Why did she back off after he apologized? The more time passes without elaboration, the more rumors it's going to be created... and probably also make her story fall apart. Which, speaking of...

Some people recently found out that it is not the first time she's been involved in vagueposting (being vague about situations). A few months ago, she made vagueposting when Quinton Reviews was dealing with a difficult controversy, that boiled down to being accused of harassing and underpaying a former female employer, only for him to provide evidence that she was actually the one at fault for trying to initiate romantic stuff with him and when rejected, made a revenge video. Quite a few details are strikingly close to what Emily is now accusing Chugga of. She made vagueposting about Quinton, and people dogpiled / called out on her, it felt like she was trying to make the person even more depressed in a difficult period.

I hope I'm not being too harsh or dismissive of what she said, as I said, I am open to being wrong and I do not intend to attack her, but right now, it kinda feels like she was doing it for... some momentary fame? She was a bit upset that a certain person (Chugga) was in green from being drama free and made a call out post like this, when it could've been resolved in PMs. It's overall weird, but... ugh. It's like the high school drama stuff.

I've also seen some people complain that victims aren't immediately believed on Twitter, but to be honest, missing nuances, context and vagueposting are exactly the reasons why I am rather skeptical of the ordeal. I will wait to see how Chugga replies. I truly believe he can rebound easier. Right now though... conveniently cropped screenshots makes me feel like his reputation is being trampled on by someone who didn't like that he was a chill, wholesome guy.

People will probably lash at me for what I said, or call me rather cold. But I think it's a bit rational enough for my explaination of why I tend to be skeptical when callout posts happen on Twitter. Sometimes it's not what you think it is. And, holy ****, communication would be the easiest way to resolve things, not have to leave it for others to see. The idea of "you don't get to be told you're doing something wrong, and you'll like it!" is... a toxic mindset. Something, that I had to escape from, by my own personal experience.

Apologies for the long post. It's just tiring.

TLDR: Given that there is missing nuances / context and that her follow up post is rather vague beside just 'there are other victims over the past decade', I have some skepticism about her side of story, especially due to past history of being vague about things.

EDIT: I also remembered that it happened right as he was going to one of the events, MAGfest I believe. It feels like horrible timing if I have to be honest.
Chugga admitted that he was wrong and didn't conduct himself properly. It's pretty open shut.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Chugga admitted that he was wrong and didn't conduct himself properly. It's pretty open shut.
The point is that there is context that was cropped out / lost in transition to make Chugga look way more like a worse guy here. I do not necessarily condone his actions so that is why I said I'll hear what he has to say. But, it does feel like Emily could've tried to handle the situation better. I did initially think it's probably rashness or that she was quick to jump to it and probably didn't know that the internet would react like this, but after discovering that she has a history of being vague about situations, I don't know anymore.

Missing or cropped context tends to make situations look way worse than it actually is. Having the full context would make it easier to judge the full situation, instead of putting out specific images that seems oddly focused. Cropped context / pictures has happened multiple times in the past.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
3 seconds from starting a petition to get Warner Brothers to collab with a Japanese animation studio to make a Tom & Jerry anime series where their fights are epic shonen battles.
Sounds like a cool idea! WEll, I'm actually curious what would a more plot focused Tom and Jerry anime be like, how would it play out? Probably would at least have this classic cat vs mouse parts.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
an old version of Persona 5 from early 2016 somehow got released to the public, and it included a version of Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There that sounds like the Persona 3 singer did

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The first 4 episodes of Hazbin Hotel is now on Amazon Prime and the full first episode is free on Vivziepop's YouTube channel.

I'm rewatching the 2019 pilot right now (has it really been that long ago?)

Top Bottom