• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's because it exists

They announced today that they're making a new One Piece anime with a new studio and I'm losing my mind. This could actually be the definitive way to watch One Piece in 20 years
...Considering that there are already over 1000 episodes of the original One Piece anime, I'm mildly concerned for how many they'll make of the new anime as well and how much binge-watching would be required to marathon every adaptation.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
...Considering that there are already over 1000 episodes of the original One Piece anime, I'm mildly concerned for how many they'll make of the new anime as well and how much binge-watching would be required to marathon every adaptation.
It's probably still gonna be a lot but it's likely gonna be less.

The problem with the One Piece anime is the pacing moreso than the length, and since they don't need to worry about potentially catching up with the manga there's likely gonna be a lot less filler, shots that linger for too long, and flashbacks for events that happened five minutes ago.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
It's because it exists

They announced today that they're making a new One Piece anime with a new studio and I'm losing my mind. This could actually be the definitive way to watch One Piece in 20 years
that would actually be kinda sick, a definintive version of the anime trimmed down and with a fresh concise artstyle

Noipoi

Howdy!
Indigo Disk story

Does anyone else think the plot just kinda stops?

We grab Carmine, Kieran, and Briar. We head even deeper into Area Zero, which equates to traversing a few corridors and fighting a few Pokemon. We fight Terapagos, catch Terapagos, and...that's it. They're in a real hurry to get back to those Ed Sheeran credits.

We figured maybe Kieran was under the toxic influence of Pecharunt, but he's just having a moment. We figured maybe Briar had an unhealthy obsession with clearing her family's name, and would go to any length to do so, even if it meant hurting others, but no. She's just got ADHD and she hyperfixates on stuff, and we just tell her to knock it off and everything's fine. And I realize these were both fan theories, but still the Indigo Disk plot seems like it it's a rush to wrap itself up without much in the way of cool stuff happening.

And I guess I was also expecting a grand answer to all the Area Zero stuff that just isn't there in the main plot. The answers actually come in a completely optional scene, and they're still kinda vague. Sada/Turo mentions that the S/V Book captured their imagination, but they also mention something about alternate timelines. Are the Paradoxes truly figments of dreams, or were they warped here from different timelines? And what about those symbols in the cave, the ones are in the game's freakin logo?? I don't know if there's a solid conclusion.

The base game and its mysteries sparked my imagination so much, but in the end I just feel sort of...underwhelmed?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Indigo Disk story

Does anyone else think the plot just kinda stops?

We grab Carmine, Kieran, and Briar. We head even deeper into Area Zero, which equates to traversing a few corridors and fighting a few Pokemon. We fight Terapagos, catch Terapagos, and...that's it. They're in a real hurry to get back to those Ed Sheeran credits.

We figured maybe Kieran was under the toxic influence of Pecharunt, but he's just having a moment. We figured maybe Briar had an unhealthy obsession with clearing her family's name, and would go to any length to do so, even if it meant hurting others, but no. She's just got ADHD and she hyperfixates on stuff, and we just tell her to knock it off and everything's fine. And I realize these were both fan theories, but still the Indigo Disk plot seems like it it's a rush to wrap itself up without much in the way of cool stuff happening.

And I guess I was also expecting a grand answer to all the Area Zero stuff that just isn't there in the main plot. The answers actually come in a completely optional scene, and they're still kinda vague. Sada/Turo mentions that the S/V Book captured their imagination, but they also mention something about alternate timelines. Are the Paradoxes truly figments of dreams, or were they warped here from different timelines? And what about those symbols in the cave, the ones are in the game's freakin logo?? I don't know if there's a solid conclusion.

The base game and its mysteries sparked my imagination so much, but in the end I just feel sort of...underwhelmed?
Yeeeeeeeah. It feels like they were cooking but they kinda didn't cook it all the way through.

If nothing else tho, the Pecharunt sidequest is actually hella charming.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 381873

It would be absolutely foolish for both companies to stop here.
Regardless of what you think of how the film turned out, there's no denying that it's a fun Mario throwback and that the film was enormously successful financially.

Making at least one sequel only seems logical at this point.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
PlayStation terms of service recently changed so that reselling of physical media is no longer allowed.

Something tells me this is getting ignored.
Sony trying too cook what’s already terrible

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
PlayStation terms of service recently changed so that reselling of physical media is no longer allowed.

Something tells me this is getting ignored.
Yeah that ain't gonna fly in court.

Nintendo sued rental companies way back and they got laughed out of court.

Edit: wait, it is enforcable but lol nobody's gonna comply

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I forgot.

Wasn't SONY the one who took potshots at Xbox in the past about their games basically being bind on purchase?
Sony always takes potshots until they can get something out of it
Yeah that ain't gonna fly in court.

Nintendo sued rental companies way back and they got laughed out of court.
Nintendo gotta Nintendo

Top Bottom