• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Turns out I have more work than I thought so I probably won't be able to start the Pokémon DLC until tomorrow
an-emoji-disintegrating-in-pain.gif

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, got all the trade evolutions done via raids.

Now just gonna look for Bastiodon/Rampardos since those are raids and I'll be good to go..... til I have to speedrun Violet.

Shroob

Sup?
Yep, it's Pokemon, in all its jank.

Catching Pokemon will always, always be fun, but this DLC feels ungodly jank.

Walking Wake and Iron Valiant seemingly aren't even available, at least no one's found them like the other 2, so if you missed their event? Tough ****. They're also AFTER Terapagos in the Dex and not with their group members, so this seems entirely intentional.

Alcremie mats can't be bought and you're at the mercy of rng to even find them.

Kleavor is here... but not it's evolution item. So sure, you can catch it but you can't evolve your own Scyther into one cause......???????

They fixed Hisuian Qwilfish's evolution method... but not Stantler's for some reason despite them sharing one.

All, and I mean ALL the Legendaries are shiny locked.

Seemingly no battle facility at all.

Also Pecharunt is a mythical. The story isn't even finished cause we're just waiting for a mythical distribution.

Bros I don't feel soo good.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yep, it's Pokemon, in all its jank.

Catching Pokemon will always, always be fun, but this DLC feels ungodly jank.

Walking Wake and Iron Valiant seemingly aren't even available, at least no one's found them like the other 2, so if you missed their event? Tough ****. They're also AFTER Terapagos in the Dex and not with their group members, so this seems entirely intentional.

Alcremie mats can't be bought and you're at the mercy of rng to even find them.

Kleavor is here... but not it's evolution item. So sure, you can catch it but you can't evolve your own Scyther into one cause......???????

They fixed Hisuian Qwilfish's evolution method... but not Stantler's for some reason despite them sharing one.

All, and I mean ALL the Legendaries are shiny locked.

Seemingly no battle facility at all.

Also Pecharunt is a mythical. The story isn't even finished cause we're just waiting for a mythical distribution.

Bros I don't feel soo good.
So basically it's fun but it's also a Pokemon Game™️

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, y'all got me

I'll try Violet

And while I'm aware that this thread doesn't seem too fond of it, I did buy a copy of Shining Pearl alongside it. Probably gonna run through that one first since I enjoyed the originals and want to ease back into the series.

Shroob

Sup?
So basically it's fun but it's also a Pokemon Game™️
The fact there's no battle facility, thus no postgame

The fact that 2 of the new trios of Paradoxes are effectively Mythicals now

The fact that you just straight up can't evolve some Pokemon despite them existing in the overworld

The fact that the MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE DLC STORY is a mythical with a ton of on cart story content locked behind an event we may or may not get

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The fact there's no battle facility, thus no postgame

The fact that 2 of the new trios of Paradoxes are effectively Mythicals now

The fact that you just straight up can't evolve some Pokemon despite them existing in the overworld

The fact that the MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE DLC STORY is a mythical with a ton of on cart story content locked behind an event we may or may not get

Yeah well Pokemon was never really known for making good decisions. This is the aame Franchise where it was impossible to obtain Arceus for a long time and threw the Gen 6 legendary into Gen 7.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah well Pokemon was never really known for making good decisions. This is the aame Franchise where it was impossible to obtain Arceus for a long time and threw the Gen 6 legendary into Gen 7.
These just feel incredibly stupid though.

Imagine a Pokemon game where you could get Zapdos and Moltres but, ah, ya missed the timed event? Tough **** kid, no Articuno for you. If all 3 were like this I'd at least get it, but you have a side quest specifically made to get two of them so...???

And Pecharunt is just soo sad. There is SOO MUCH on disc content related to it, which solves basically all the ????? Datamines from earlier, but it's a Mythical, so now the question is "Will they actually use it, or just distribute it via mystery gift?"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
These just feel incredibly stupid though.

Imagine a Pokemon game where you could get Zapdos and Moltres but, ah, ya missed the timed event? Tough **** kid, no Articuno for you. If all 3 were like this I'd at least get it, but you have a side quest specifically made to get two of them so...???

And Pecharunt is just soo sad. There is SOO MUCH on disc content related to it, which solves basically all the ????? Datamines from earlier, but it's a Mythical, so now the question is "Will they actually use it, or just distribute it via mystery gift?"
Pokemon Day 2024 event is my bet. Extend the lifespan of SV, and if the Unova remakes are true, then it's a segway to thay.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, the fact that Home is down for Main for another....12 hours... not counting the fact they'll be slowly letting people in...

I legit can't play anymore since ALL my boxes are full. I need to transfer some **** over to Violet which serves as my "We have Bank at home."

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gonna try and hunt a Shiny Applin for my team before I start the DLC

I love Sinistcha but over half my team is Ghost type

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but reports have come out that WBD has a roughly 67% chance of going bankrupt.

Such an awesome studio, ruined by management.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like my theory I had prior to Indigo Disk's release that the new Stellar type is connected to Arceus' Legend Plate didn't turn out to be true.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh ya as a heads up

but the entire Pecharunt sidequest is currently on disc, and people have already enabled it via hacking so... spoilers beware out there.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Project Voltage released artwork to celebrate The Indigo Disk’s release, made by Tika Matsuno:

they should’ve let you battle Miku in the DLC :>

Shroob

Sup?
So are all of

1702580622207.png

El Diablo's forms back?

Considering the MC doesn't spin like the SwSd MC, I was wondering if only a handful are obtainable or if there really are 60 something...

Top Bottom