• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
So guys. I have a question.

If I called "I Love It" by Icona Pop and Charli XCX the single greatest hit song of the 2010s decade, and Icona Pop in general the most underrated pop musicians of this century, how many of you would object to that?

Noipoi

Howdy!

If I called "I Love It" by Icona Pop and Charli XCX the single greatest hit song of the 2010s decade, and Icona Pop in general the most underrated pop musicians of this century, how many of you would object to that?
It's a catchy song and all, but the best? Outta the whole decade?

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg :dkmelee:

Shroob

Sup?
Won't be long now til Indigo Disc!

Gonna keep my expectations low just in case it ends up being mid, but I am excited, if nothing else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I don’t even listen to pop music. I listen to absolute garbage.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I used a Gardevoir on a playthrough as a kid and it kicked ass. It quickly became one of my favorites.

Then I got a little older. And I learned of its...reputation...

I still like it, but I don't go around telling people that :239:
One of my all time favorites is Vaporeon.

I feel your pain.

Noipoi

Howdy!
IMG_8027.jpeg

Interesting choice of Pokémon :yoshi:

Yes I know Blueberry Academy is in Unova but the Gen 5 starters don’t have anything to do with the plot. Why not use Terapagos? Or Archaludon? Or Raging Bolt and Iron Crown?

Just food for thought…

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 381672

Yes I know Blueberry Academy is in Unova but the Gen 5 starters don’t have anything to do with the plot. Why not use Terapagos? Or Archaludon? Or Raging Bolt and Iron Crown?

Just food for thought…
Ah yes

Burnt Black and Cracker White.

A faithful remake™️

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 381672

Just food for thought…
Unova confirmed just don't got the same ring to it as Hoenn confirmed.

....Or maybe I'm just wise they'd be Ilca remakes. :dr^_^:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It's a catchy song and all, but the best? Outta the whole decade?

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg :dkmelee:
Okay part of the reason I love it (ha ha ha) so much because it's a song that's helped me a lot through hard times. But if you wanna know why I regard it so absolutely highly

“I Love It” is a song packed with emotions and catharsis, and the entire duration of the song, short it may be, is dedicated to letting the emotions out in an explosion of pent-up rage and tension.

As someone who has listened to Icona Pop’s discography they’re generally a lot more upbeat than this. Rage isn’t an emotion they graze on often. And as much as I love them, that’s because their vocals are better suited to the happier stuff (or even sadder songs) than pure anger. That’s where cult pop artist Charli XCX, famous for Boom Clap and some eclectic cuts like Pop 2 and the Vroom Vroom EP, comes in, and her powerful voice leads the song (funny enough she was one of the writers) with Icona Pop giving some great performances of their own. You can tell Aino, Caroline (yes I know their names) and Charli are giving it their absolute all.

This is accompanied extremely well by the production. The blaring synths introducing the song let you know just what to expect. Then it quietens down a little for the first verse, allowing Icona Pop and Charli to set the scene, before the synths kick back in full force for the chorus as the girls let completely loose. The gentler production returns for the bridges, all in a build-up for the triumphant return of the synths.

Finally we need to talk about those lyrics. This is a break-up song, but with a bit of a twist. A running theme throughout the lyrics is rebelliousness. After all they do crash their cars into bridges. And they may be put down for these decisions (it’s likely their ex-boyfriends tried to put a stop to the girls’ happy, rebellious and free-spirited behavior), but you know what? They don’t care – they love it!

The bridge ties this theme together. The girls and their exes are practically on different sides of the galaxy. He’s on a different road, she’s in the milky way. He wants her down on earth (presumably a metaphor for behaving herself), but she’s up in space doing whatever the heck she wants. Their ex-BFs are so hard to please that they might as well be from the 70s, but the girls are 90s chicks who are gonna kill the switch!

It all ties together to form 2 minutes and 37 seconds of pure, glorious catharsis, loaded with anger and a lot of joy too. Some girls may mope when they break-up with their exes, but not these girls (though Icona Pop do have some sadder cuts like Just Another Night). They are here to release their tension and free themselves from all their anger in a pure explosion of emotional release. It is one of the most underrated songs of the decade and a near-perfect song that doesn’t deserve to be passed over like it has. It is one of the best songs to ever hit it big in Billboard history and it is a masterpiece

I don’t even listen to pop music. I listen to absolute garbage.
I mean I do listen to some not-pop stuff as well. My literal favorite song of all time is "The Last Firstborn" by Celldweller

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I decided to upload all of my October drawings to Imgur. I recall people saying compression is bad on there, but I guess it's only if your image is above 20 MB in size, which none of my art is I think. I remember that from years ago, too, so maybe there were changes, idk.

Here's the gallery link:

I was gonna put them on Instagram, but it forces you to crop them if they're too tall or too wide :/

I used a Gardevoir on a playthrough as a kid and it kicked ass. It quickly became one of my favorites.

Then I got a little older. And I learned of its...reputation...

I still like it, but I don't go around telling people that :239:
I raised a Ralts to a Gardevoir on my team in Alpha Sapphire, and it became one of my favorites too; kept it in my party for the whole game. I think I'm pretty much in the same boat xD I'm willing to mention it as a favorite, but I do fear accusations a bit :S

Same trouble with Vaporeon ._.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My year in review:

I've played 32 games for 341 hours

Top 3:
1. Xenoblade chronicles 3 (96 hours)
2. Mario kart 8 deluxe (59 hours)
3. Mario + Rabbids sparks of hope (49 hours)

And Playstation year in review while we're at it:

I've played 44 games for 281 hours

Top 3:
1. Horizon forbidden west (58 hours)
2. Horizon zero dawn (49 hours)
3. God of war ragnarok (24 hours)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 381672

Just food for thought…
Tbf the leaks do say there is a major plot point that is a direct hint towards the next game

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait time out. An official Twitter or just a fan one?
a fan Twitter posting official Mario content from a Mario 64 manga (well…a different official Mario manga)
I don't remember this part of Mario Land 2
I know you joke, but the Mario Land stuff used in the manga is probably slightly worse

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm considering changing my avatar to an obscure animal.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm considering the Scimitar Horned Oryx.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom