• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sony's making it out of the Bugle with this one

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
How does the Switch version of Sonic Frontiers fare now compared to its state at launch?

I know the graphics take a pretty significant hit but I'm curious on how stable the performance is after all the updates.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh my god that Burn My Dread remix hit me hard, and Aleks as Mankoto has been an amazing replacement so far

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We need more licensed games re-released on modern consoles without the excuse of having them be remakes. And games in general. For most of these companies it's literally free money to re-release their stuff. People will pay for old stuff and new stuff alike.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sonic Frontiers update talk/rant

The more I play this game the less I like it. very few of my problems with the base game were fixed, the visuals are still bland, so much of the game is generic floating platforms and platforming challenges that punish you for going fast while still giving you fun tools for going fast, No Quicksave, and The Cyberspace stages still feel like I'm fighting the controls in a different, and worse, game. I will say though, the new characters are all fun and I enjoy playing as them, and all my gripes with the overworld music were fixed with the addition of the jukebox and the unique music that plays with each character, big fan of that. The writing also is still good.
I said it before as a profile post, but I loved the ending to Sonic Frontiers' final update! The ending nearly made me cry!

If I had to give the credits song, I'm With You, the vocals version, another name, it would be Dear Father: Good Future.
Alright, I figured it out.

The spectacle of the fight was pretty rad but the awful camera and screwy lock-on system really detracted from the experience. Better than Ikaruga, but still not great.
Having just beat the update, I will say it was a great expansion to my game of 2022 (beating out Xenoblade 3) but with some MAJOR caveats. The new playable characters were incredibly fun with Amy being my favorite thanks to her gliding/floating ability. Tails was maybe too good since the Cyclone can bypass his platforming challenges. Knuckles got the short end of the stick out of the three due to his glide actually made platforming more difficult than it needed to be. Funnily enough, it's Sonic that has the most blemishes. The Tower climbs can be fun challenges, but it's quite frustrating when you fall as there are no checkpoints and the trials on top of the towers are okay tests with the exception of the second trial (that one was mean if you don't know the strat. The BIG sticking points against Final Horizon are the Titan Gauntlet and the final boss as they share a trait: PERFECT PARRIES. They were so strict that I have to change the difficulty to easy which didn't feel good. Not to mention the final boss was too cryptic for its own good to the point I preferred the Ikaruga fight. I still have to go through the cyberspace levels and form what I've experienced so far, they make 1-2 a joke in terms of difficulty.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Having just beat the update, I will say it was a great expansion to my game of 2022 (beating out Xenoblade 3) but with some MAJOR caveats. The new playable characters were incredibly fun with Amy being my favorite thanks to her gliding/floating ability. Tails was maybe too good since the Cyclone can bypass his platforming challenges. Knuckles got the short end of the stick out of the three due to his glide actually made platforming more difficult than it needed to be. Funnily enough, it's Sonic that has the most blemishes. The Tower climbs can be fun challenges, but it's quite frustrating when you fall as there are no checkpoints and the trials on top of the towers are okay tests with the exception of the second trial (that one was mean if you don't know the strat. The BIG sticking points against Final Horizon are the Titan Gauntlet and the final boss as they share a trait: PERFECT PARRIES. They were so strict that I have to change the difficulty to easy which didn't feel good. Not to mention the final boss was too cryptic for its own good to the point I preferred the Ikaruga fight. I still have to go through the cyberspace levels and form what I've experienced so far, they make 1-2 a joke in terms of difficulty.
I respect your opinion, and do think the things you said need to be addressed. However, some of those things really did not bother me, but hey, what do I know? I am not you, after all.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I respect your opinion, and do think the things you said need to be addressed. However, some of those things really did not bother me, but hey, what do I know? I am not you, after all.
For curiosity's sake, which of my critiques do you believe aren't real issues?

KillerCage

Smash Master
I only said some of them did not bother me. I didn't say I thought some or even all of them weren't issues at all.

So none.
I should say the "issues" with the new characters are more like nitpicks while my major gripes would be in the final 10% of the update.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I should say the "issues" with the new characters are more like nitpicks while my major gripes would be in the final 10% of the update.
Yeah, I understand. Still, they could still be improved anyway. Improving on those "nitpicks" could be great.

What do you mean by 10% of the update, though.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Yeah, I understand. Still, they could still be improved anyway. Improving on those "nitpicks" could be great.

What do you mean by 10% of the update, though.
The Titan Gauntlet and the final boss largely due the perfect parry being a thing and required.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Internet is not too pleased with Bungie right now.

Bungie made a tweet/post celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month, but the language used in the tweet/post has made people call them out.

Can we go one day without companies being companies?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Didn't mind doing that in the final boss or the Titan Trial, but man, that trail was hectic! I did take nearly a dozen tries to beat it.
What difficulty were you on?
I was on hard before being forced to change it to normal and later easy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know. I am kind of surprised there was never a Mickey Mouse Disney Afternoon show. You’ed think that would have been a given.
They probably thought about it.

If Mickey got his own show, he'd have to be a fleshed out character with flaws and quirks. They can't have their golden boy corporate mascot being anything but perfect!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, here's a fun fact: The character that appeared the most in Disney media... is Donald.
Who's got the sweetest disposition?

One guess, guess who?

Who never, never starts an argument?

Who never shows a bit of temperament?

Who's never wrong but always right?

Who'd never dream of starting a fight?

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean Mickey doesn't have his own movie either, the closest we got was 3 Musketeers. Im fact, nome of the Mickey Mouse characters do, except foe Goofy.

Also, here's a fun fact: The character that appeared the most in Disney media... is Donald.
Donald is him (and is the only one with a massive family that’s hella popular), and Goody ****s, so it makes sense for those 2 specifically to be given such love

Also Donald has the Three Caballeros movie from 1944 if that counts

Top Bottom