• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo are total ****ing ********, reports have now both NoJ and NoA under fire and this **** deserves to have attention put towards it.

Also funny meme cat is perfect

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Bro I cannot believe what they did with Frieza, the most iconic racist in anime, in the DBS manga
His new form is called Black Frieza. This is going to get super inappropriate very quickly
I don’t follow Dragon Ball, but I can already tell this will have a ton of complaints in the future.

In other news, there is now a Kaiju dating sim. I don’t understand dating sims normally do how do I ponder a Kaiju one?!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Bro I cannot believe what they did with Frieza, the most iconic racist in anime, in the DBS manga
His new form is called Black Frieza. This is going to get super inappropriate very quickly
I guess that means he'll be calling himself a mon...

Nope I'm not going there.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
More detailed spoilers are out for One Piece, and it honestly feels really weird compared to everything that came before it, and an odd way to end what is easily the longest arc in the series.

A major character (Yamato) had spent most of their screentime saying that they wanted to join the Straw Hats, they wanted to set out to sea, or they wanted to leave Wano. Now, this chapter reveals (in a flashback) that they completely changed their mind for no particular reason, and they'll be staying in Wano indefinitely to explore it despite never even showing the tiniest amount of interest in doing that.

For people who are familiar with Star Wars, this would be like if Rey spent the first act of The Force Awakens explaining how badly she wants to leave Jakku, but when the time comes for her to leave Jakku, she decides to stay on the planet with no reason given, and the story moves on without her. It makes no sense, and feels wildly out of character.

In addition, the arc ends off with the message that "the Kurozumi clan was born to burn!" It's apparently a pun on their name (kurozumi roughly means charcoal), but it seems like a weird message for a series where several arcs (Marineford, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island) have been dedicated to showing that your family doesn't define who you are.

The first part seems like subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations, and while the second part isn't as bad as how Naruto went from "hard work can defeat natural talent" to "Naruto is a destined child of prophecy, the reincarnation of a legendary ninja who was fated to do battle with Sasuke, and has one of the best bloodlines in the series", it still seems like a strange message to end the arc off with, and it doesn't mesh with the rest of the series.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
More detailed spoilers are out for One Piece, and it honestly feels really weird compared to everything that came before it, and an odd way to end what is easily the longest arc in the series.

A major character (Yamato) had spent most of their screentime saying that they wanted to join the Straw Hats, they wanted to set out to sea, or they wanted to leave Wano. Now, this chapter reveals (in a flashback) that they completely changed their mind for no particular reason, and they'll be staying in Wano indefinitely to explore it despite never even showing the tiniest amount of interest in doing that.

For people who are familiar with Star Wars, this would be like if Rey spent the first act of The Force Awakens explaining how badly she wants to leave Jakku, but when the time comes for her to leave Jakku, she decides to stay on the planet with no reason given, and the story moves on without her. It makes no sense, and feels wildly out of character.

In addition, the arc ends off with the message that "the Kurozumi clan was born to burn!" It's apparently a pun on their name (kurozumi roughly means charcoal), but it seems like a weird message for a series where several arcs (Marineford, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island) have been dedicated to showing that your family doesn't define who you are.

The first part seems like subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations, and while the second part isn't as bad as how Naruto went from "hard work can defeat natural talent" to "Naruto is a destined child of prophecy, the reincarnation of a legendary ninja who was fated to do battle with Sasuke, and has one of the best bloodlines in the series", it still seems like a strange message to end the arc off with, and it doesn't mesh with the rest of the series.
Yeah I gotta say this is a strange way to end this arc. Doesn't ruin it for me but I'm still bummed out about it.

The Korozumi stuff bugs me more than the Yamato stuff tbh. Not only does it goes against one of the major themes of the series, but it's a line that could've so easily been cut. Obviously it doesn't ruin One Piece but it's still annoying.

I'm not attached to Yamato and I was hoping him joining the crew would give him ample screentime for me to form an attachment and I'm always happy for more crewmates, so it does kinda bums me out that he ended up just saying "nah im good". Still not as bad as flying in the face of one of the major themes that the series has established like 700 chapters ago and I can understand why Oda wouldn't add another crew member at this point inthe story

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nah the reactions to Black Frieza is hilarious. We got people thinking this is possibly racist but black people are just making memes and ****. Hilarious.
As someone who has achieved enlightenment (leaving Twitter), I realized that white people love getting offended over minor things that aren't even about them. As a white person I can only imagine I would turn out like that if I stayed on that godforsaken app for a second longer

cashregister9

Smash Hero

This whole chapter seems really weird. Like the Yamato situation seems like it was a last minute swerve and the Kurozumi thing also seems kinda weird. I'm curious if there was any interference from the publisher or editor. It's a shame because I was excited for Yamato to join I really like him.

Luckily the Carrot stowaway theory lives.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Seems like more workplace harassment allegations at Nintendo of America been coming out.

Just remember big corpos suck and all, yeah
Not even Nintendo can avoid being those who practice sexual harassment, it seems. I am hoping Doug Bowser isn't one of those who did that.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As someone who has achieved enlightenment (leaving Twitter), I realized that white people love getting offended over minor things that aren't even about them. As a white person I can only imagine I would turn out like that if I stayed on that godforsaken app for a second longer
The way I see it, racism is everywhere but sometimes it's beyond absurd you gotta laugh. Can't find the worst in everything apl the time. Something we blacks always gotta deal with, so sometimes we gotta have fun with it.

FYI, this is not an invitation for white people to start making racist jokes

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The way I see it, racism is everywhere but sometimes it's beyond absurd you gotta laugh. Can't find the worst in everything apl the time. Something we blacks always gotta deal with, so sometimes we gotta have fun with it.

You notices since we started joking about us liking friend chicken, watermelon and grape soda, they stopped using those to try and offend us?

Its almost like stupid stereotypes was all they had and now that we joke about that **** ourselves, what can they do?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You notices since we started joking about us liking friend chicken, watermelon and grape soda, they stopped using those to try and offend us?

Its almost like stupid stereotypes was all they had
Believe me, stereotypes are stupid. They are so inaccurate, and are used to make people look bad.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Its almost like stupid stereotypes was all they had and now that we joke about that **** ourselves, what can they do?
Re-Reclaim the N-Word is like their last resort. It's ****ing funny

Jondolio

Smash Hero

One of the things that bother me the most is that some people seem to pick and choose which minorities they should get offended for. And they almost never pick us Jews

Those people are usually also racist themselves and just do it for brownie points

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, i think nintendo is still kinda resposable, not sure what the legal here is but, yeah Kotaku just slapped nintendos name on there
I guess I shouldn't have denied Nintendo's involvement so quickly. I am still surprised though, though not completely that they would be involved in something like this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, i think nintendo is still kinda resposable, not sure what the legal here is but, yeah Kotaku just slapped nintendos name on there
Aerotek is contracted by them and that's where majority of the issues stem from. That said, yeah NoA has responsibility on their hands too, employees be doing weird **** too.

Now idk why Kotaku chose that thumbnail but then again they also have hella skeletons in their closet so **** em too.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
BTw about that nintendo sexual harrasment thing
So it was clickbait all along. Screw Kotaku.
Aerotek is contracted by them and that's where majority of the issues stem from. That said, yeah NoA has responsibility on their hands too, employees be doing weird **** too.

Now idk why Kotaku chose that thumbnail but then again they also have hella skeletons in their closet so **** em too.
This, going off that article it’s one Nintendo employee. But from the sounds of their job, they are like a contractor whose likely out of the building all the time making deals with other companies and likely working off site for these test plays.

Doesn’t excuse this behavior but it would explain why Nintendo isn’t aware of it potentially.

There were some follow up reports saying a few other employees were harassers but from what I read it’s hard to say what their role at the company if any directly, was.

Either way abusers need to go regardless. Sexual harassment training isn’t going to stop most of them from doing it again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom