• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TFW Top Gun: Maverick won't release physical until November 1st.

Not even Sonic 2 was that long. Jesus...

Edit: Oh right...They're both under Paramount so that Paramount Streaming is probably the reason for that then.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TFW Top Gun: Maverick won't release physical until November 1st.

Not even Sonic 2 was that long. Jesus...

Edit: Oh right...They're both under Paramount so that Paramount Streaming is probably the reason for that then.
Paramount+ knows what’s up

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow, I forgot how long it takes for Limited Run to get their games sent out. I ordered the Classic Edition of Castlevania Requiem in January and I ordered the Classic Edition of Contra Anniversary Collection in May.

I have yet to get either of them…

Aaaand I’m about to order Doom Eternal Steelbook Edition for Switch and Doom 64 Classic Editon for Xbox…

I’m part of the problem aren’t I?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had to get back in and check out the update. The DBZ fan service for this collab and event is really nice. But what’s better is I can give hinata the powers of a sayian

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, okay. I thought it was a Fire Emblem Fates type thing where despite the characters looking underage (like Corrin's little sisters), the developers acted like they were actually 18.
Nope. In an interview, Saitom also mentioned that Rex and Pythra's age gap was something he wanted to visually communicate by making Rex a shrimp. Also, that Fates thing was only in the localization, Japan kept those characters as minors despite Japanese consent laws making those big nonos

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is still such an awesome Korra moment

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** Raiko btw…terrible fictional President

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Wow, I forgot how long it takes for Limited Run to get their games sent out. I ordered the Classic Edition of Castlevania Requiem in January and I ordered the Classic Edition of Contra Anniversary Collection in May.

Aaaand I’m about to order Doom Eternal Steelbook Edition for Switch and Doom 64 Classic Editon for Xbox…

I am also part of the problem. I currently have Force Unleashed and River City Girls Zero ordered from them...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
EB67EE0D-4BDC-4FDF-BCF3-591F380732B8.jpeg

he looks so damn weird without his mask…5 long years seeing him wear it

Noipoi

Howdy!
Back in the 90s, when Pokemon was first coming to the West, Nintendo of America suggested westernized redesigns for the original 151 Pokemon.

The only art of these designs I can find is the Charizard line.

1660707855989482.png

Do you get it?

Do you understand what we narrowly avoided?

They could've all been scrimblos

osby

Smash Obsessed
Back in the 90s, when Pokemon was first coming to the West, Nintendo of America suggested westernized redesigns for the original 151 Pokemon.

View attachment 358846

Do you get it?

Instead, we got Pokemon with... 🤢🤮 anime eyes.

the joke is how Japanese animation is bad

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I think the longest for me was waiting for the Blaster Master Zero 3 CE to come out. Ordered it June of last year and didn't get it until last month. I actually only just picked up Mushihimesama for Switch this weekend after I had ordered it last November.

I think I currently have 4 multi-game packages I'm still waiting for, the earliest being from February now. When I get my next paycheck, I'll probably also order Rendering Ranger R2 for SNES as well. I'm definitely part of the problem.

Limited Run's business model has changed drastically over the past few years so ordering anything from them you're best off expecting at least a 6 month turn around. Good things come to those who wait is my general outlook.

osby

Smash Obsessed
When humanity gathered together in order to build a tower that reaches the heavens, the god decided to punish them for their arrogance, cursing them for eternal confusion and miscommunication, never again being able to fully understand each other.

And this is how timezones came to be.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
When humanity gathered together in order to build a tower that reaches the heavens, the god decided to punish them for their arrogance, cursing them for eternal confusion and miscommunication, never again being able to fully understand each other.

And this is how timezones came to be.
And like everything God made, China had other ideas

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

View attachment 358846

Do you get it?

Christ I hate how that Charmander looks, I can already tell it'd be a tumblr sexyman

osby

Smash Obsessed
If anyone cares about Famitsu scores while buying games, Soul Hackers recently got a 38/40 from them.

Notably, this is the second highest score they ever gave to a Megami Tensei game, with only the vanilla Persona 5 surpassing that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fortnite sure is a video game.

Seeing Spider-Man Rasen-Shuriken and Venom Kamehameha is something else I tell you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If anyone cares about Famitsu scores while buying games, Soul Hackers recently got a 38/40 from them.

Notably, this is the second highest score they ever gave to a Megami Tensei game, with only the vanilla Persona 5 surpassing that.
Famitsu's scoring system is ****ing whack but I'd be real happy for a W here, especially as I'm still mad I can't play Soul Hackers on my 3ds due to my busted dpad lmao

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 358846

Do you get it?

Wh...What did they try to do to my boy!?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wh...What did they try to do to my boy!?
I know! I thought NoA wanted to redesign the Pokemon because they thought they wouldn't be "badass" enough for Americans.

...but what the hell is this?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

View attachment 358846

Do you get it?

why

why does the lizard have a belly button

tha-

that's not how lizards work

osby

Smash Obsessed
While we're on the topic of Pokemon

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Snake race:

1660746222017.png

“I am Snake Ouroboros! I shall rend your enemies to the particles in the infinite of our cosmos!”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Worldwide mythologies. Ouroboros means “tail eating” in Ancient Greek and is a term that refers to the ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. It symbolizes eternal cycles, transmigration of souls, fertility, and the circle of life. Ancient Chinese, Greek, Nordic, Egyptian, and South American people are known to use this snake. Ouroboros is also similar to mythic serpents such as Ananta Shesha, Yurlungur, and Leviathan.

Skills: Storm Dracostrike, Samarecarm, Megidolaon

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fairy race.

It’s pretty cool how Ouroboros’s design keeps the “eating its own tail” angle but also adds a neat infinity symbol. Ouroboros has a big role in Strange Journey and its silvery color scheme easily allows it to fit with other mystic goddesses. Speaking of which, Ouroboros is also compared with the Buddhist notion of samsara by modern academicians, which SMT heavily uses as it is shown to be a demon who hates transient things.

Top Bottom