• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Good news: training classes are in the evening for this month only
Bad news: mom may step out of the house along with aunt’s caretaker around 10 AM EST, so I’d have to stay with aunt meaning I can’t live stream my reactions if that’s the case. We’ll see

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the last piece of the recent Mortal Kombat Block, or the MKB for short, is Sareena. The resident Goth Girl of MK. I wanted to draw someone I hadn't yet in the series so she's who I went with. Eventually, I'll get to Kenshi, Jax, Mileena, Kitana and Raiden too. Keep in mind, I still got other art in store after this for a bit. I had nearly a month's worth of work stocked up!

That direct had some stuff in it fr fr. We might still get a little bit of heat from Sony, at the very least a look at Steve or Yoshimitsu in Tekken 8 would be nice.

Being a bit more serious, LOTS of Mario stuff. 2 MORE remakes with Mario vs Donkey Kong, and THOUSAND YEAR DOOR of all things after already getting SMRPG. So that's a one-two punch.

Peach Showtime legit looks nice, almost LM3 levels good. I guess it makes sense a villain specifically for Peach would also be named for a Fruit. Though Grape doesn't strike fear in the hearts of men.

Diddy and Funky are finally in Mario Kart 8. Pauline too, though why Peachette instead of Dixie I can't say.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon got rebranded as Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, as it should.

Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 are getting re-masters, but they don't look crazy good visually, say compared to Metroid Prime earlier this year. But I'm always happy to see games from back in the day having an easier means of playing them, especially from Culturally important franchises like Tomb Raider.

Speaking of, there's a Contra game, but it seems like it was built from that mobile game? Is this another Mega Man X Dive situation? Speaking of, that game as far as I know isn't on Switch either.

Hundred Heroes seems cool. The MC is Suikuden(spelling?)core as hell and he's got Hookswords like Kabal, so that cool, and a cool looking Black chick.

Some of those indie games seem neat, but nothing that REALLY grabbed me like Gravity Circuit or Pizza Tower being ones I want to play eventually.

F-Zero getting the 99 treatment makes sense, but it's hard to get super excited for it when you know those games don't last super long.

That one DS game got a remake, with its sequel included. Nice for those who like Point and Clicks.

Amiibo are still a thing for a bit longer. I'm sure there's someone crazy enough to get them all, including the Mega Man 11 version and the Gold Mega Man for Legacy Collection.

The Switch for the most part truly does feel like it'll near the end of its cycle, outside of Peach's game, many of these titles are essentially remakes and ports, which works well as swan song titles I guess. Prime 4 is still a no-show, but I gotta imagine it'll end up like Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild and show up as both a swan song for the old console AND act as a launch title for the new system.

If you like Mario, you're sitting pretty basically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario-vs-donkey-kong-2-march-of-the-minis-20060614044530943.jpg

I was 9 years old when I first played this little game with my cousins: Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March Of The Minis. It was a simple game: you had to move the Mini Marios as if they were lemmings through maze-like levels preventing obstacles. It isn't one of the most memorable Mario games... but DAMN, that one, Mario Kart DS, NSMB and Mario Slam Basketball were some of the favourite games of my cousins and I back then. From said game, one character stood out for me even then: Pauline. She wasn't the Princess we were rescuing in NSMB, she was different. A while after I did get into the internet through Pokémon, I started researching her... and got into the world of retro gaming. Pauline, is a character who means a lot for me not just for this fact, but also because she was also there back in our happy days of our childhood. Everytime I saw her I got reminded of those evenings in the car with my cousins talking about how many maze levels we had beaten... And other beautiful things.

So yeah, I felt she really deserved to be in Mario Kart. Specially because she was technically the first person Mario ever rescued in any game. And I kept waiting, and waiting... and waiting. She finally got in a Mario Kart game... for mobile phones. A fun game, but one which sadly we all know will be shutdown eventually.

No, I needed a Mario Kart game which I could hold physically and make sure would be able to pick up whenever I wanted to play as the character in a Mario Kart.
Screenshot_20230914-155213_YouTube.jpg

Today, September 14th of 2023, I jumped from excitement. It finally happened, the 1-Up girl finally got into a console Mario Kart. All these years finally seem to have meant anything regarding my Mario Kart hopes and dreams, and It is funny that now she shares a game with who used to be our favourite Mario Kart DS character (Dry Bones).

Needless to say, I am genuiely excited. The day the DLC drops I'm gonna call my cousins, and we will have the best Mario Kart matches ever. They will be Dry Bones, and I will finally be Pauline... as I was dreaming back when I was 9 years old

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
TTYD remake was cool and the Kart dlc characters are neat but

meh, another middle of the road direct tbh

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It wasn't the worst use of 40 minutes in my life but it was pretty underwhelming if you're not a fan of Mario imo.
I feel like all the biggest/bigger games are being saved up for Switch 2, hence why we got mainly remakes this time. I'm a Mario fan so quite a few piece of news has interested me. I kind of expected to only see a Sora amiibo announcement for Smash, but might be worth checking Smash again now that I think about it.

View attachment 377690
I was 9 years old when I first played this little game with my cousins: Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March Of The Minis. It was a simple game: you had to move the Mini Marios as if they were lemmings through maze-like levels preventing obstacles. It isn't one of the most memorable Mario games... but DAMN, that one, Mario Kart DS, NSMB and Mario Slam Basketball were some of the favourite games of my cousins and I back then. From said game, one character stood out for me even then: Pauline. She wasn't the Princess we were rescuing in NSMB, she was different. A while after I did get into the internet through Pokémon, I started researching her... and got into the world of retro gaming. Pauline, is a character who means a lot for me not just for this fact, but also because she was also there back in our happy days of our childhood. Everytime I saw her I got reminded of those evenings in the car with my cousins talking about how many maze levels we had beaten... And other beautiful things.

So yeah, I felt she really deserved to be in Mario Kart. Specially because she was technically the first person Mario ever rescued in any game. And I kept waiting, and waiting... and waiting. She finally got in a Mario Kart game... for mobile phones. A fun game, but one which sadly we all know will be shutdown eventually.

No, I needed a Mario Kart game which I could hold physically and make sure would be able to pick up whenever I wanted to play as the character in a Mario Kart.
View attachment 377691
Today, September 14th of 2023, I jumped from excitement. It finally happened, the 1-Up girl finally got into a console Mario Kart. All these years finally seem to have meant anything regarding my Mario Kart hopes and dreams, and It is funny that now she shares a game with who used to be our favourite Mario Kart DS character (Dry Bones).

Needless to say, I am genuiely excited. The day the DLC drops I'm gonna call my cousins, and we will have the best Mario Kart matches ever. They will be Dry Bones, and I will finally be Pauline... as I was dreaming back when I was 9 years old
You forgot about me... Hah I'm joking but it's nice to see a newer member on this forum. Congratulations to you on having your hopes realized.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now that the best Gamecube game is getting remastered.

Give me the second best one, let me go back to the orre region Nintendo.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, that was weak.

Anya game and Princess Peach Showtime look super cute though, and I'll never turn down Thousand-Year Door.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that the best Gamecube game is getting remastered.

Give me the second best one, let me go back to the orre region Nintendo.
But Mega Man X: Command Mission wasn't announced for getting a remaster.

Seriously though, that or MP3 would've been more my speed personally. Or another Soul Calibur 2 HD, but with Link and the other two guests all in one game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Like this while modern vs classic PM debate should be done by now. Modern fans got the best modern PM game by far, and classic fans got the best classic PM game. You'd think the debate would be over cause everyone's happy but....

Mario and Luigi wouldn't have done this to us. Please remake the Dual Screen trilogy please I'm begging you Nintendo

Top Bottom