• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People may give Nintendo a lot of hate…

but if any game company, they listen to the fans and feedback for sure. Maybe not right away, but it does get to them.

Without it, we would never have Mario RPG or Thousand Year Door back.

Now we just need both to sell and we will be good.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People may give Nintendo a lot of hate…

but if any game company, they listen to the fans and feedback for sure. Maybe not right away, but it does get to them.

Without it, we would never have Mario RPG or Thousand Year Door back.

Now we just need both to sell and we will be good.
I can see TTYD selling well, TOK is the best selling PM game and that was during the peak of the pandemic admist a bunch of controversy. SMRPG... idk I think it may be a bit tougher given that has been dormant for a long time and tbh I don't see it being advertised like that.

Reactions: Z25

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
F-Zero 99 is just the Switch version of Fed Force but arguably worse because that ****'s getting delisted after a year or two

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can see TTYD selling well, TOK is the best selling PM game and that was during the peak of the pandemic admist a bunch of controversy. SMRPG... idk I think it may be a bit tougher given that has been dormant for a long time and tbh I don't see it being advertised like that.
I think both have the potential to sell a lot. It will be trickier for Mario rpg, but over time it’s held a steady fanbase and I’m sure a lot of people who never played are interested now. Especially after hearing about the game and Geno every time smash comes out.

This also goes back to a theory I posted earlier in the year, that if the TYOD remake rumor was real, then I’m betting one if not more of the Mario and Luigi games will come back in a remake in a year or two.

My prediction is they remake the first two games. As a final test of if any of the Mario rpgs are profitable. Which if they are, I think Nintendo will stick to doing more and more that play like those.
F-Zero 99 is just the Switch version of Fed Force but arguably worse because that ****'s getting delisted after a year or two
Not if people play it. Tetris 99 is still a big deal and around.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think both have the potential to sell a lot. It will be trickier for Mario rpg, but over time it’s held a steady fanbase and I’m sure a lot of people who never played are interested now. Especially after hearing about the game and Geno every time smash comes out.

This also goes back to a theory I posted earlier in the year, that if the TYOD remake rumor was real, then I’m betting one if not more of the Mario and Luigi games will come back in a remake in a year or two.

My prediction is they remake the first two games. As a final test of if any of the Mario rpgs are profitable. Which if they are, I think Nintendo will stick to doing more and more that play like those.

Not if people play it. Tetris 99 is still a big deal and around.
With PM 64 on NSO I doubt they'll remake 64, which sucks cause 64 needs it way more.

Now Super I can see but Super needs a lot of work. Phenominal story but that gameplay is just monkey brain-dead

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Only way they could've made the PMTTYD remake better is if it was a compilation of all three of the first PM games getting remade.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With PM 64 on NSO I doubt they'll remake 64, which sucks cause 64 needs it way more.

Now Super I can see but Super needs a lot of work. Phenominal story but that gameplay is just monkey brain-dead
Super would be great to see remade. I didn’t hate the gameplay change that time, but it definitely would be interesting if they gave it layers.

Story alone is worth the remake though.
Bro there's going to be zero new content and I'm still going to buy it cause I'm a ing nostalgia *
There’s apparently new NPCs according to the Mario broth account. So there might be some extra content here.

Give us Luigi’s Waffle Kingdom adventure!
Actually, I still have my original copy of TTYD.

Wonder how much they go by now
View attachment 377696
Oh.
This value about to tank lmao.

Top Bottom