• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
apology tour begins
Actors literally lie for a living so forgive me if I don't take this applogy seriously

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't blame you for thinking their apology is pure PR talk but this is a pretty bad take.
Am I wrong though? The best actors are the ones who are able to fool you into thinking that they are the characters they portray on screen. That's literally their job

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Am I wrong though? The best actors are the ones who are able to fool you into thinking that they are the characters they portray on screen. That's literally their job
So what you're telling me is that the MCU is a big ****ing lie?

That means Spiderman isn't real... I think I'm gonna need some time to process and accept this...

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So what you're telling me is that the MCU is a big ****ing lie?

That means Spiderman isn't real... I think I'm gonna need some time to process and accept this...
Been meaning to tell you for a while.

Sorry you had to find out this way champ

osby

Smash Obsessed
Acting and lying are different things though.

No matter how immersed am I in a story, I know for a fact that it's not real. A good actor doesn't trick you, they pretend well enough for you to suspend your disbelief. This doesn't necessarily require the skills you need to lie as they try to reflect an imaginary character using their body language and intonation, not improvise on the spot and play along to reactions. If you know anyone who worked at the theatre as I do, you can find them saying that a lot of actors are pretty bad liars.

And that's without going to doing something as a job isn't necessarily a reflection of your character. Scientists' job is to tell the facts but that doesn't mean they don't lie, for example.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think it's gonna take far more than an apology tour to put Ezra back in good graces.

That said, they were a wanted man and a dangerous criminal so uh... shouldn't they be arrested and in jail now? Why is WB housing them?
Celebrities are above the law apparently

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1660661745554.png

“I’m Genma Kukunochi. What would be of this world without the trees over our heads?”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Japanese mythology. Kukunochi is the god of trees. It is said that he was born after Izanagi and Izanami finished giving birth to the gods of the sea, rivers, and mountains. His name consists of the word for "stalk," and a masculine honorific. Together with Toyoukehime, he is referred to as one of the yafunegami or, “kami of houses”. Kukunochi is worshiped to this day on the occasion of roof-raising ceremonies and the blessing of new houses.

Skills: Tetrakarn, Makarakarn, Energy Drain, Diarahan

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Snake race.

While Kukunochi’s design is simply a guy chilling on a flower, which is fine for a god of vegetation, his coloring goes way too hard for such a modest figure. It’s shocking how much it elevates the whole look while still looking like a spirit of the woods. I love the green-yellow of his skin contrasting with that crystalline flower.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So the synopsis for Sonic 3 has been leaked and also revealed certain details in the film. Be warned of spoilers.

Metal Sonic eh?

Hmmm...

General Zod>Doomsday
King Ghidorah>Mechagodzilla
Dr. Robotik>Metal Sonic

Calling it now. Robotik while creating Metal Sonic transferred his essence into the robotic duplicate so he can truly finally match Sonic in battle.

That's why GUN couldn't find his body at the end of Sonic 2.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s another supposedly leaked plot for the Mario Movie. I only read the first page and the post credit to see if it matched the older leak. Which it doesn’t.

The post credit is hype but I really doubt this is real:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the people who have played Xenoblade 3, how well does it hold up compared to the other games? I liked Xenoblade 1, but I've had a harder time with getting interested in the main cast of Xenoblade 2, while Xenoblade X was too tutorial-heavy for my tastes, and I'm wondering which one Xenoblade 3 is closer to, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney Channel platform fighter seems to be next in line.

But it won't happen.
Universal should do their on platform fighter as well.

My mains definitely would be Doc Brown or Marty McFly, Rexy and Dom Toretto.

Also the idea of Littlefoot vs. Dom Tortetto. Lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
For the people who have played Xenoblade 3, how well does it hold up compared to the other games? I liked Xenoblade 1, but I've had a harder time with getting interested in the main cast of Xenoblade 2, while Xenoblade X was too tutorial-heavy for my tastes, and I'm wondering which one Xenoblade 3 is closer to, if that makes sense.
Can't speak for XCX since Nintendo refuses to port it but I think XC3 is much closer to the first game in almost every area. Still anime cheese a plenty as far as the story is concerned, but it's easier to digest here thanks to the character designs being a lot more grounded than in XC2 and nobody really standing out as especially annoying (Noah is a much better protagonist than Rex, for one, and none of the Nopons approach Tora levels of cringe).

Gameplay is definitely tutorial heavy for the opening chapters though, especially combat. It opens up considerably after a certain point, and I'd even go as far to say that it becomes the best battle system in the series with how many options are available and being able to swap characters mid battle, but maaaan is it a slog starting off.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can't speak for XCX since Nintendo refuses to port it
He didn't buy the absolute masterpiece of a console
The legendary piece of hardware that set the world on fire
Nintendo's pièce de résistance that left Sony and Microsoft in the dust
The gigachad that sold 9.5 Luigillion units and is STILL SELLING

The Wii U

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He didn't buy the absolute masterpiece of a console
The legendary piece of hardware that set the world on fire
Nintendo's pièce de résistance that left Sony and Microsoft in the dust
The gigachad that sold 9.5 Luigillion units and is STILL SELLING

The Wii U

And let's not forget how great its marketing was. It was so marketed, in fact, that they started pushing it 10 years early using the movie Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished watching Bullet Train - it was a lot of fun, and definitely lived up to the ads that I had seen.

Can't speak for XCX since Nintendo refuses to port it but I think XC3 is much closer to the first game in almost every area. Still anime cheese a plenty as far as the story is concerned, but it's easier to digest here thanks to the character designs being a lot more grounded than in XC2 and nobody really standing out as especially annoying (Noah is a much better protagonist than Rex, for one, and none of the Nopons approach Tora levels of cringe).

Gameplay is definitely tutorial heavy for the opening chapters though, especially combat. It opens up considerably after a certain point, and I'd even go as far to say that it becomes the best battle system in the series with how many options are available and being able to swap characters mid battle, but maaaan is it a slog starting off.
Thanks - I think I'll get it, then. I'm glad to hear that it's closer to the first game. (The second game went a bit... Too far in terms of the character designs and anime tropes, for the lack of a better word? I like anime - I'm going to see the new Dragon Ball movie this weekend - but it felt like a harem anime at times, where a bunch of women (Pyra, Nia, likely Mythra, probably other party members or blades) were falling for a guy who looked 15 at best for no apparent reason, and Pyra's first lines to Rex being "put your hand on my chest" didn't help)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guarantee Ezra's "apology" ain't gonna last given the **** he pulled.

Either get the mental help you need or don't say sorry at all if you continue with this BS.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now I know Azula is considered the best Avatar villain…but ****ing hell I gotta toss in Zaheer’s name in the hat as a best villain option
C707F5A5-5BF3-4BA8-BC75-38EBD106A563.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just finished watching Bullet Train - it was a lot of fun, and definitely lived up to the ads that I had seen.

Thanks - I think I'll get it, then. I'm glad to hear that it's closer to the first game. (The second game went a bit... Too far in terms of the character designs and anime tropes, for the lack of a better word? I like anime - I'm going to see the new Dragon Ball movie this weekend - but it felt like a harem anime at times, where a bunch of women (Pyra, Nia, likely Mythra, probably other party members or blades) were falling for a guy who looked 15 at best for no apparent reason, and Pyra's first lines to Rex being "put your hand on my chest" didn't help)
'Looked' 15? Rex is canonically 15 in XB2

Top Bottom