• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
2:26 AM take:

I don’t like the concept of a “backlog”. I feel like I am turning my hobby into a job whenever I arbitrarily force myself to beat a game because I “have to” in order to move on to another.

So I just play whatever I’m in the mood for now lol

This has been

a 2:26 AM take

thank you, and goodnight
Backlog?

What backlog?

I just replay Pokémon games/Sonic 2/DKC 2/Mario Odyssey over and over again.

Forgotten Land is quickly joining this rotation :nifty:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what Nintendo will have planned for FE Fates' future with the EShop closing soon and shutting off Revelations from newcomers to the game. I really hope they do something so it can still be played. A remake would be ideal, but I wouldn't mind a port honestly.

I just hope Nintendo at least TRIES to give it some mind rather than continue to milk the Three Houses money cow for the next few years. :secretkpop:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
evil promotion
Didney has officially crossed the line

Their stronghold on the entire entertainment industry is one thing

But making me believe I have a chance with a tall buff superhero lady?? #boycottshehulk 😡

/j

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I'll tell you what.
That image never gets old

But yea, that's what I'm fearing. With 3H's huge success, Nintendo and IS is putting their laser focus on that particular game, even making its own Warriors title. I hope this doesn't last TOO much longer cause as much as I love Byleth, FE is more than just Houses à Troi.

Most likely remake rn is probably GotHW though

Noipoi

Howdy!
That image never gets old

But yea, that's what I'm fearing. With 3H's huge success, Nintendo and IS is putting their laser focus on that particular game, even making its own Warriors title. I hope this doesn't last TOO much longer cause as much as I love Byleth, FE is more than just Houses à Troi.

Most likely remake rn is probably GotHW though
Don't read if you don't want spoilers for the next FE game

If the leaks are true, they're moving forward with a new game. Starring everyone's favorite grotesquely overdesigned protagonist, Toothpaste-Chan :4pacman:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The bad because its something I can’t have
now this is content

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Vile race:

1660488098571.png

“I am Vile Babel, the Pillar of God. Thou who are worthy of the throne, face me and make my power thine own....”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Abrahamic mythology. When a united human race speaking a single language and migrating eastward decided to build a tower when they came to the land of Shinar, intending to make it as tall as the sky itself. Yahweh, observing their city and tower, confounds these humans’ speech so that they can no longer understand each other and collaborate, and scatters them around the world. The tower they meant to construct was known as the Tower of Babel.

Skills: Megidolaon, Catastrophe, Freikugel, Makarakarn

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Lady race.

Babel is the kind of boss design I’m living for. Not pictured: the giant statue heads that appear on it during its battle. While there’s not much to say while they’re not there, Babel is sheer glory in simplicity, helped by probably being one of the biggest demons ever in the entire series. Originally being of the Bel race, it lords of the others such as Beldr, Jezebel, and Belberith.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Vile race:

View attachment 358627

“I am Vile Babel, the Pillar of God. Thou who are worthy of the throne, face me and make my power thine own....”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Abrahamic mythology. When a united human race speaking a single language and migrating eastward decided to build a tower when they came to the land of Shinar, intending to make it as tall as the sky itself. Yahweh, observing their city and tower, confounds these humans’ speech so that they can no longer understand each other and collaborate, and scatters them around the world. The tower they meant to construct was known as the Tower of Babel.

Skills: Megidolaon, Catastrophe, Freikugel, Makarakarn

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Lady race.

Babel is the kind of boss design I’m living for. Not pictured: the giant statue heads that appear on it during its battle. While there’s not much to say while they’re not there, Babel is sheer glory in simplicity, helped by probably being one of the biggest demons ever in the entire series. Originally being of the Bel race, it lords of the others such as Beldr, Jezebel, and Belberith.
This ************ is a building

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat the deep future storyline in Live a Live. The ending hit hard, was sad, hopeful, and realistic all at the same time. Pretty solid storyline all around.

It’s the only one I’ve beaten so I’m thinking about what one to do next.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You can say "it's based on a gay manga" about Ace Attorney and I'd believe it. Not because I ever played a game but because it's hard to explain the amount of Wright and Edgeworth slash fanart I've seen otherwise.
Pheonix's hair is pretty straight if you ask me
Um excuse me it's called ACE Attorney thank you very much.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My work schedule worked out so that I'm able to watch Bullet Train on Tuesday (Tuesdays are cheap days at the movie theater, and I've got four hours between my shifts), so I'm looking forward to that - I've liked the director's other movies that I've seen (Deadpool 2 and John Wick), and the premise seems like it will make for a fun, well-choreographed action movie.

In other movie news, I'm going to see Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero in theaters this upcoming weekend! I'm looking forward to that one - I've only seen one other Dragon Ball movie in theaters (the new Broly one), and that was an amazing experience. (admittedly, this one is going to be in a much smaller theater, but it's still great to see new Dragon Ball content, especially since this one seems to focus on Gohan and Piccolo, two great characters who have kind of gotten screwed over as the series went on)

Also, when it comes to Switch games, I'm trying to focus on Fire Emblem Warriors; I've been playing on Normal, but the mission that I'm currently on (where Xander and Ryoma are fighting, and you lose if either one of them dies) seems unnecessarily difficult (you have to take over every fort, taking over a fort weakens the leader of that side, and you basically have to take over two forts at the exact same time by the end since they're both at death's door at that point), so I might bump it down to Easy for this one.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'all like opinions

Here is one:

I would be much happier if Nintendo became a software developer and their consoles just stopped being a thing.

Sincerely,

Grumpy cat who is cynical about Nintendo hardware and OS design, but still likes their games

MooMew64

Then how am I supposed to get a good handheld console?
Ehhhh

Mobile hardware exists from other devs (notably Steam Deck), and smart devices are only getting better. Like, I've been experimenting with mobile gaming options more lately and I walk away seeing just how limited and barebones the Switch is. I love the thing, don't get me wrong, but like...It all just feels like the barest minimum for everything.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ehhhh

Mobile hardware exists from other devs (notably Steam Deck), and smart devices are only getting better. Like, I've been experimenting with mobile gaming options more lately and I walk away seeing just how limited and barebones the Switch is. I love the thing, don't get me wrong, but like...It all just feels like the barest minimum for everything.
I mean, I get that, I play mobile games too but the smart device user interface feels far less intuitive to me than Switch. Also, Steam Deck is not even available in my region and costs more for less battery life.

It's not the best handheld Nintendo has but it's still the best in what the industry offers currently, imo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'all like opinions

Here is one:

I would be much happier if Nintendo became a software developer and their consoles just stopped being a thing.

Sincerely,

Grumpy cat who is cynical about Nintendo hardware and OS design, but still likes their games
kermit no.png

I disagree

But

That's okay y'know that's what makes us all unique our different perspectives on the world around us y'know that's what really makes the human experience special man that's what it's all about y'know yeah

MooMew64

I mean, I get that, I play mobile games too but the smart device user interface feels far less intuitive to me than Switch. Also, Steam Deck is not even available in my region and costs more for less battery life.

It's not the best handheld Nintendo has but it's still the best in what the industry offers currently, imo.
Ah, yeah, I hadn't considered that, fair point.

For mobile gaming, I've started opening up to app games more now that actual full-on games are getting iOS and Android ports with controller support. Touchscreen only controls was a big thing holding me back, but I'm really warming up to the concept personally now that third party controllers like the Razer Kishi exist, as well as those clamps you can buy to attach your phone to an Xbox controller.

But yeah no, I definitely understand people who want them to stay in hardware. As I said in my first post, I'm just really cynical towards their hardware design philosophy rn, ha ha.

I should also mention the Switch legit has things I like about it on a hardware level, too: I love how light it is and I love the design of the split joycon play style. I also really, really adore how easy it is to do region free gaming on the device: As someone who wants to start learning Japanese for import gaming soon, this is gonna make life so much easier.

And I'll also be honest and admit most of my problems are probably nitpicky, lol.

Top Bottom