• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
All quiet today?

Here's your favourite Irish bloke gonna put in some good music. Dutch FM gonna put in some anime music. First a banger from K-On.

It's once again another scorcher today in Ireland. We call it many things:

"****in Roastin!"
"Scorchin!"
"Wee bit warm."
"Meltin"
"Sweating like ****."

Your host (me) decided to walk up a steep hill with almost water in this lovely heat of 28C or (82F). To you Americans or anywhere that doesn't have brick houses its simply like amateur hour for the summer.
I also like to use an umbrella and sadly a lone guy who does it in the summer. Sunburn in the back of the neck even with sunblock I'm super paranoid about, annoying teens laughing be dammed.

Then went to the store and saw a catholic priest walk through a drink section. I'd ring up Alcoholics Anonymous if I were you father.

Now another thing.

Anyone else always laugh when there's a place like McDonald's right across the road from a gym or park? Like "here go down some Big Mac's and go on a run. Give new meaning to fast food."

No.
Just me?

Anyways here's some Inkoming from Splatoon 2. Dutch FM to go watch anime for tonight boys.

See I can be a good radio host. I have sass, good music taste and can bull**** in my usual accent. That's plenty.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
All these years i tried avoiding paying money on these free to play games.

And then Multiversus and Fallguys entered my life.

I bought the Eggman costume.

Dutch Raikuna

All these years i tried avoiding paying money on these free to play games.

And then Multiversus and Fallguys entered my life.

I only just realised Multiversus is actually free to play after you said it.

I am stupid on using PS Store.

Time to check it out then.

Dutch Raikuna

I try to be comedy as a radio host. Either my humour is out there or I try too hard.

Ritsupsaaaa.jpg

Shall I do a cry?

Been sometime since we had that on the forums.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , I'm ready to do the trades whenever (I wasn't at home last night, that's why I couldn't do it then).

I'm giving you the base forms of all the pokemon you need, you're still going to need to evolve them (and like I said I want the dialga back).

Dutch Raikuna

I'm gonna just use tonight to get a bit off my chest.
Its related to SB but it's not really anyone's fault. Two tiny parts cause why not.

Been on my mind recently but I've realised that since around mid-March to early April, I just feel like I lost a sense of connection to the community. Not on Discord but more here.
Now a bit more than what I've said even to my closest online friends, stuff has happened. Just the panic of geopolitical stuff and the start of a major turning point with getting my first job was adding a lot more than to my personal issues.

I've been posting here but it just feels like something has been lacking when I'm here on SB. I remember when the final character came out a lot of us were gonna say our goodbyes, hope to connect more with a few hopes of meeting IRL and all that. Really had that sense of optimism.

Then 2022 came along and stuff I've said. I've a great job I work at (well..............), stuff to get on with and new social groups, not panicking about the end of the world or anything like that, constant interests etc. but I feel like something is missing.

I've got a lot of great memories here like being up til 6am on here posting memes, Smash Speculation and then falling asleep and missing class (maybe on purpose once or twice) back in pre-pandemic 2020. Posting here during lockdown was a saving grace and all that. I've made good friends in this place who I'm glad to know.

Yes most of yous are cool. I'm just bad at appreciating people without sounding like I'm using them.

Just felt like a spark has been lost being on Smashboards. I want that feeling again. Us all just talking more somewhere that doesn't have prying guest eyes and not seeing each other as pics and text on a computer.

Same time though a part of me doesn't care. Hand I've been dealt, better **** in the next life. That sorta mentality or could just be maturity but hey a spark across the board from all of us I think is needed.

Understand its the social thread and the serious heart to heart ain't as great or eye-catching but **** its been going on with me for a while. If yous bury it or call it dramatic that's grand. Needed it out of my system anyways. Kill two birds with one stone.

Also tagging you Wademan94 Wademan94 since you know me best probably out of everyone.

Can't speak for everyone but I'm not ignoring them.

Just don't know what to say. :drshrug:
See my rant. Needed something out of my system if you want thoughts.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge TheMightyP TheMightyP @Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 @SonicSmasher1 @osby @Cutie Gwen KillerCage KillerCage

OK, UH

ACTUAL PSA TIME FOR SONIC PEEPS I KNOW HERE IN THE THREAD BECAUSE I BROUGHT IT UP EARLIER, AND THIS IS NOT A FUNNY, THIS IS ME BEING GENUINE:

STAY AWAY FROM SONIC OMENS

DO NOT PLAY IT

THINGS JUST GOT SO MUCH WORSE THAN THEM TRYING TO MAKE MONEY

APPARENTLY SOME VERY NOT OK TEXTURES OF MARIA ARE IN THE GAME

NOPE

NOPE

NOT DOING AN OMENS REVIEW

CANCELLED, NOT DOING IT

MORE STUFF IS BEING BROUGHT TO LIGHT ABOUT IT AND

HOLY CRUD NO

YEAH, WE NEED SEGA TO TAKE ACTION HERE, THIS IS ACTUALLY NOT OK
I was not into fangames unless they are offical products so I was never going to touch Sonic Omens.
Even if I was into fangames, I was getting bad vibes from the few sceenshots I did see.
Anyone who hasn't seen Bullet Train yet...

GO SEE IT!!!!
Already interested in watching the film.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Multiversus: WHY MAKE A LOW-BUDGET PLATFORM FIGHTING GAME WHEN YOU COULD'VE DONE BEEN MORE SUCCESSFUL RIVALING SMASH AND I USING A BIGGER BUDGET WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND LARGER ROSTER OF CHARACTERS FROM OTHER ICONIC CLASSIC NICK SHOWS! THINK! NICKELODEON ALL-STARS BRAWL THINK!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
evil promotion
This is funny but also feels kinda bad.

It’s like when i get verified accounts liking my Tinder but it’s clearly a ploy to promote their OF.

I respect the hustle, although it’s a little upsetting to lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm gonna just use tonight to get a bit off my chest.
Its related to SB but it's not really anyone's fault. Two tiny parts cause why not.

Been on my mind recently but I've realised that since around mid-March to early April, I just feel like I lost a sense of connection to the community. Not on Discord but more here.
Now a bit more than what I've said even to my closest online friends, stuff has happened. Just the panic of geopolitical stuff and the start of a major turning point with getting my first job was adding a lot more than to my personal issues.

I've been posting here but it just feels like something has been lacking when I'm here on SB. I remember when the final character came out a lot of us were gonna say our goodbyes, hope to connect more with a few hopes of meeting IRL and all that. Really had that sense of optimism.

Then 2022 came along and stuff I've said. I've a great job I work at (well..............), stuff to get on with and new social groups, not panicking about the end of the world or anything like that, constant interests etc. but I feel like something is missing.

I've got a lot of great memories here like being up til 6am on here posting memes, Smash Speculation and then falling asleep and missing class (maybe on purpose once or twice) back in pre-pandemic 2020. Posting here during lockdown was a saving grace and all that. I've made good friends in this place who I'm glad to know.

Yes most of yous are cool. I'm just bad at appreciating people without sounding like I'm using them.

Just felt like a spark has been lost being on Smashboards. I want that feeling again. Us all just talking more somewhere that doesn't have prying guest eyes and not seeing each other as pics and text on a computer.

Same time though a part of me doesn't care. Hand I've been dealt, better **** in the next life. That sorta mentality or could just be maturity but hey a spark across the board from all of us I think is needed.

Understand its the social thread and the serious heart to heart ain't as great or eye-catching but **** its been going on with me for a while. If yous bury it or call it dramatic that's grand. Needed it out of my system anyways. Kill two birds with one stone.

Also tagging you Wademan94 Wademan94 since you know me best probably out of everyone.

See my rant. Needed something out of my system if you want thoughts.
I feel the same about this place as I always have tbh. Just a place to goof off and share stupid **** with people that I find cool. While I wouldn't mind deepening connections with some guys here beyond this forum, I'm not going to lose sleep over it and simply enjoy the community that we have right now.

Totally understand how crushing it is to pour your heart into a post only for it to be ignored, though. That's why I usually keep what I have to say as brief as possible. Shorter messages are much more digestible in a casual setting like this thread.

Dutch Raikuna

I feel the same about this place as I always have tbh. Just a place to goof off and share stupid **** with people that I find cool. While I wouldn't mind deepening connections with some guys here beyond this forum, I'm not going to lose sleep over it and simply enjoy the community that we have right now.

Totally understand how crushing it is to pour your heart into a post only for it to be ignored, though. That's why I usually keep what I have to say as brief as possible. Shorter messages are much more digestible in a casual setting like this thread.
Not so much losing sleep over it for me. Just been so focused on work and stuff that I've lost that connection.

Wouldn't mind working on it with a few people like yourself to go beyond. If you are cool of course I'll make the effort to be friendly and keep it as long as possible.
Same time this is the hand I've been dealt life wise. The world doesn't work and doesn't like oddities like me.

Just **** man wouldn't mind a serious conversation about it once in a while to be honest but world doesn't like it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is funny but also feels kinda bad.

It’s like when i get verified accounts liking my Tinder but it’s clearly a ploy to promote their OF.

I respect the hustle, although it’s a little upsetting to lol.
Jennifer Walter uses her OnlyFans to promote her lawyer skills
Considering all the horny comic book nerds on there this seems like a horrible idea for the poor intern
that’s what makes it better for marketing…bring the horny back after using Kamala to chase them away
I was looking for something serious but she just wanted to hulk smash.
you’d seriously be in the hospital after such a moment unless worthy

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
2:26 AM take:

I don’t like the concept of a “backlog”. I feel like I am turning my hobby into a job whenever I arbitrarily force myself to beat a game because I “have to” in order to move on to another.

So I just play whatever I’m in the mood for now lol

This has been

a 2:26 AM take

thank you, and goodnight

Top Bottom