• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?

Oh yeah these exist
Wow, that's late as hell.

Guess it's just this, then Rillaboom and then who knows. There's that code which points to something happening with Mew, so maybe a Mew tera raid.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 374246

Pretty satisfied with this run atm.
You really pikked some mins

Oh yeah these exist
Looks like we’re back in business.

Delphox has moves for both steel and poison types, so this will be interesting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm going over the Pokemon in dex order and I got to Glameow and Purugly and I just kind of realized... they should have had Hisuian forms. Yes they're Sinnoh natives but they're based on domesticated house-cats. So in Hisui they would still be untamed and wild, thus meaning they would be in different forms.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm going over the Pokemon in dex order and I got to Glameow and Purugly and I just kind of realized... they should have had Hisuian forms. Yes they're Sinnoh natives but they're based on domesticated house-cats. So in Hisui they would still be untamed and wild, thus meaning they would be in different forms.
Snake..... Sinnoh IS Hisui.... :nifty:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Snake..... Sinnoh IS Hisui.... :nifty:
Didn't stop Sneasel from getting a Hisuian form.
Honestly yeah that seems solid. What steel moves does Heatran get though.
Flash Cannon is the big one. Heatran's highest stat is Sp. Atk at base 130, so it hits pretty hard.

D

Deleted member

Yo people, so one of my newer Discord friends who helps me at moderation on The Owl Club and streams movies in the server during Sunday Nights as part of our many events got a hold of what happened to me these past weeks, so she decided to dedicate next week's movie session to me as a way of showing support. The fact she did so in a server of over 80000 people means a lot to me.

So yeah, we are going to watch Professor Layton And The Eternal Diva next Sunday, so excited

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
The struggle of hyperfixating on Total Drama: waiting for news on when the new season will come out officially in English-speaking countries.

Considering what Cartoon Network and WB Discovery as a whole can be like, I'm not confident...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what is you guys' thoughts on both Indy 5 and Teenage Kraken?
Indy 5 was such a dud of a film. I pretend it never existed and it really ended with the fourth.

RG:TK I liked but didn't love. Aside from the unique concept being a parody of The Little Mermaid (Discount Evil Ariel notably), wasn't anything exactly new and original but I still enjoyed it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if it’s not new sprites for a remastered Akihiko or Mitsuru…I wanna gain either some music or hear some of the new voices in play

…or we get nothing nice to look at or listen to

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Why exactly are they happening?
If I were to guess, amung other things, its because a cop killed a 17 y/o kid, who, you wouldnt believe it, was of North African descent and Im shocked (im not shocked. We PoC cant have **** in this world)
So yeah, we are going to watch Professor Layton And The Eternal Diva next Sunday, so excited
Oooh yo I love that movie and not just because ai love layton

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. This really bugs me about the Galar PokeDex. I can't speak to the Paldean one because I haven't tried to do this with it yet. But I really HATE how the Galarian Pokemon are not in the same order in the national dex as they are in the Galarian Dex. So when I'm listing out Galarian Pokemon I can't just slot in the regional forms based on the local dex number like I can with Alola because the local and nat dex numbers are different even for the completely unique pokemon! Bugs the **** out of me!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I were to guess, amung other things, its because a cop killed a 17 y/o kid, who, you wouldnt believe it, was of North African descent and Im shocked (im not shocked. We PoC cant have **** in this world)
I hope these pretentious terminally online Europeans realize that racism and police brutality is a worldwide issue and not something limited to America.

I mean they won't, but it would be neat if they open their eyes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just thought about how the **** is Atlus gonna work around the Persona 5 timeline between P5, P5R, P5S, and now P5T. Like…is P5T going to be separate from both the P5/P5S timeline and Royal, or is it also connected to Royal? Or perhaps they have their own Strikers events that occurred with Kasumire to explain why she and Akechi are in Tactica.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just thought about how the **** is Atlus gonna work around the Persona 5 timeline between P5, P5R, P5S, and now P5T. Like…is P5T going to be separate from both the P5/P5S timeline and Royal, or is it also connected to Royal? Or perhaps they have their own Strikers events that occurred with Kasumire to explain why she and Akechi are in Tactica.
Persona 5 Strikers fits perfectly well into both the base game and Royal. There's no reason why it should considered as a follow up to only the former.

Tactica will most likely do the same and avoid overt references to Royal-only content but given that Violet will be in it, it likely takes place in the new continuity.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Another variant for future games. Maybe Gen 10 will give it some love

The most confusing timeline I've seen with any Persona games

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not to call out Mike specifically, byt Arcsys comes up over and over again for these hypothetical crossovers, and a part of me wonders, how many of y'all play Arcsys games?

Like not trying to gatekeep but there isn't much discussion of their works on this thread (or site tbh) and I'm genuinelly curious if y'all want Arcsys to handle these crossovers for their gameplay or for their artstyle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I might attempt to redo my Nick vs. CN roster when NASB2 comes out to get an idea for such a roster.

Especially if rumors of Vlad Plasmius and El Tigre are true.

I'll also be adding Uncle Grandpa since its likely he'd be in such a game.

Might aim for a roster for 66 characters + Two Guests for both sides. 33 Nick, 33 CN, 2 guests.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Not to call out Mike specifically, byt Arcsys comes up over and over again for these hypothetical crossovers, and a part of me wonders, how many of y'all play Arcsys games?

Like not trying to gatekeep but there isn't much discussion of their works on this thread (or site tbh) and I'm genuinelly curious if y'all want Arcsys to handle these crossovers for their gameplay or for their artstyle.
I noticed that this is a thing even outside of Smashboards. I think people primarily see that ArcSys makes highly stylized animated games and they are one of the only mainstream fighting game devs out there who are not making Arena fighters so naturally people just sorta gravitate towards them.

ArcSys and also saying how any 2D game should be HD2D I sort of categorize together in terms of internet discussion and hypotheticals.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I uhh

I played the OG Blazblue and like, one Guilty Gear on PSP. Does that count?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The only crossover they actually did recently was Cross Tag and a good 85% of that roster is reusing assets from Blazblue, P4A and Under Night
And considering how mechanically intensive their games get, even the ones they've tried to simplify, it's really just "I want an anime fighter that isn't an arena fighter" more often than not, anything beyond an anime fighter or Darkstalkers doesn't know what they're actually asking for.

It's like when "Platinum should make XYZ!" was a thing and then you got one okay Korra game, one really damn good Transformers game and then whatever the **** that TMNT game was

Top Bottom