• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
May have been a cut Gigantimax form.

And then they remembered "Oh **** right maybe we should just keep Jynx obscure,"
I still want an evolution for Jynx that makes her a badass special sweeper. For context, this is her base stats. She's already a special sweeper but imagine if it were... more.
65​
50​
35​
115​
95​
95​

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Jynx shouldn't be left alone because it's supposedly racist. It was an honest mistake on GF's part.

Jynx should be left alone because it's ugly as sin :)
Racist? Is that because of the...face, for a lack of a better word, Jinx has?

Shroob

Sup?
Jynx shouldn't be left alone because it's supposedly racist. It was an honest mistake on GF's part.

Jynx should be left alone because it's ugly as sin :)
Imagine how bad things woulda been had Smoochum kept Jynx's original color scheme.

I'm very much in the camp of Jynx not being intentionally racist in design

But hoo boy Smoochum would have been, something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Shroob

Sup?
I’m guessing this confirms the rumors of:
Terra forms

Probably left over data from a planned jynx mega or form.
God, imagine the marketing for that

"New TERRA FORMS!"

Shows off Spidops

...........Please clap

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Miles Morales is practically the luckiest major Spidey of all time

Shroob

Sup?
People are sleeping on how terrifying Regieleki is going to be though.

Ice may be one of the worst Tera types defensively

But Regieleki's always had its main weakness be a lack of moves outside Electric ones, which Tera Blast covers.

Ain't nothing getting past a 200 base speed BoltBeam combo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are sleeping on how terrifying Regieleki is going to be though.

Ice may be one of the worst Tera types defensively

But Regieleki's always had its main weakness be a lack of moves outside Electric ones, which Tera Blast covers.

Ain't nothing getting past a 200 base speed BoltBeam combo.
The only thing faster than Leki will be it's ban

Shroob

Sup?
I just want it to get an evolution like Magmar and Electabuzz to complete the trio.
Eh, at this point, what's the point. Putting it in a whole 5 gens late feels weird and forced IMO.

Jynx is just kinda a thing I don't think the Pokemon Company wants to remember. Between it just being, weird in general in its design, along with the whole racism stuff, imo it's better Jynx is just "Oh right it exists."

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I actually saw a fanmade Jynx evolution design that I liked a few months back by Mykemon. It was based on a viking, it was pretty cool.

That being said Jynx should not get an evolution, it was a mistake of a Pokémon that should not be acknowledged by GameFreak. I don't think it was meant to be racist, it's just fugly

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Technically, the update is live, apparently? HOME is still undergoing maint for me, but some people can get in.

Still nothing for Scar/Vio.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually saw a fanmade Jynx evolution design that I liked a few months back by Mykemon. It was based on a viking, it was pretty cool.

That being said Jynx should not get an evolution, it was a mistake of a Pokémon that should not be acknowledged by GameFreak. I don't think it was meant to be racist, it's just fugly
Jynx deserves its Redemption.

if porygon can get it’s, then so can jynx. After being left out in Gen 4, it deserves a cool opera Viking evolution. Something like this:
1685436247099.jpeg

So much potential and a great type combo, honestly it’s one of my favorite ice types.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Jynx deserves its Redemption.

if porygon can get it’s, then so can jynx. After being left out in Gen 4, it deserves a cool opera Viking evolution. Something like this:
View attachment 372725
So much potential and a great type combo, honestly it’s one of my favorite ice types.
Even if I did want it I don't think GameFreak would want to touch it again. It's probably seen as a mistake by most of them (which it is)

Also I kinda think this particular design doesn't help with any of the problems people have with Jynx

Last edited:
Top Bottom