• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wouldn’t push that luck in reaching a billion just because the past 2 did. Even tho Covid isn’t holding theaters back anymore, there still aren’t that many movies that have gotten super lucky just yet…and I guess the reviews might be a tiny problem as well. At most, it’s overall box office will at least pass Battle at Lake Changjin 2.
Nostalgia is helluva drug. One of the reasons why the Jurassic World films have done so well, topping that nostalgia having Alan Grant and Ellen again along with Ian Malcolm.

You also know the main draw for dinosaurs? Kids. Kids love dinosaurs and knowing them would keep asking their parents to go see the film.

And as I mentioned before. Fallen Kingdom had similar reception, still made a billion. Opening day this film made $147 million, same as Fallen Kingdom did the day it opened.

It's definitely going to hit a billion.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Sakurai revived Kid Icarus with Uprising, right?
Why not revive characters (especially those in Smash) with new games?

Yes that's right folks

Sakurai will be directing the new F-Zero and Ice Climber 2 baby (actually, this would be kind of neat tbh)

Ok but actually, new F-zero when?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’ve played a few F-Zero games, and I didn’t enjoy any outside of GX, but I’d be willing to try a newer entry.
That said, when it comes to niche franchises, I really want to see something new for the Kyle Hyde saga (Hotel Dusk + Last Window) or the Sin & Punishment games. Although I don’t expect anything lol, both series are old and forgotten by this point

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
No.

Reality isn't this based.
Can't wait for this to age poorly

Also for a new F-Zero game I was thinking if they kept the racing portions but also made Captain Falcon a bit fo a bounty hunter or something, being able to fight outside of his vehicle and take down some enemies or what not, or even go through high speed chases against enemies on some road or track

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Also for a new F-Zero game I was thinking if they kept the racing portions but also made Captain Falcon a bit fo a bounty hunter or something, being able to fight outside of his vehicle and take down some enemies or what not, or even go through high speed chases against enemies on some road or track
This is a cool concept, an F-Zero game could benefit from something like this. (F-Zero in the style of Arkham Knight? :snake:) I’d definitely play something like this

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My actual predictions:
  • Mario
  • Zelda
  • Splat 3
  • A platformer
  • Switch Online
  • SE HD2D RPG
  • SE regular RPG
  • Licenced Games (Star Wars)
  • A boatload of ports
  • Lots of RPGs
  • Blatant Shovelware
  • New IP that will or will not flop
  • NintendoTubers crying because Scrimbo sequel number 10230 isn't announced (they will upload a video called "Not My Nintendo")

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nostalgia is helluva drug. One of the reasons why the Jurassic World films have done so well, topping that nostalgia having Alan Grant and Ellen again along with Ian Malcolm.

You also know the main draw for dinosaurs? Kids. Kids love dinosaurs and knowing them would keep asking their parents to go see the film.

And as I mentioned before. Fallen Kingdom had similar reception, still made a billion. Opening day this film made $147 million, same as Fallen Kingdom did the day it opened.

It's definitely going to hit a billion.
it can be as much of a drug as it wants, still isn’t enough to expect a box office hit (especially compared to the legendary Morbius)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Lets make a wager: What RPG will make Nintendo fans irrationally angry the most this time?
The first Fire Emblem Warriors game released the same year as a Fire Emblem remake, I'm going to go with another one of those

It'll be an Awakening remake for maximum salt. Not only will Scrimblo enjoyers be upset, but Tellius, Jugdral, and Elibe fans too!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't wait for this to age poorly

Thanks, I hate it.
My actual predictions:
  • Mario
  • Zelda
  • Splat 3
  • A platformer
  • Switch Online
  • SE HD2D RPG
  • SE regular RPG
  • Licenced Games (Star Wars)
  • A boatload of ports
  • Lots of RPGs
  • Blatant Shovelware
  • New IP that will or will not flop
  • NintendoTubers crying because Scrimbo sequel number 10230 isn't announced (they will upload a video called "Not My Nintendo")
Thanks, I hate it.
Rule of threes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom