• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jesus christ Jurassic World Dominion was a complete ****show and a flat out mind-numbing mess of a "finale" to a trilogy. You will leave the theater with more confusion and questions than anything else
I was low key watching SmackDown under my shirt and with the brightness turned all the way down throughout the last half of the movie

also it was funny how literally only a single person popped off at my screening
Needs the music
the memories of those memes…I now demand this song is put in the MCU for when MODOK joins
Who you calling nobody?
Noibody it is then

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
One of the hypest moments in Nintendo history.

I was coming off one of the suckiest days I’ve ever had, and I really needed something to lift my spirits.

And then they dropped this ****.

Good times :nifty:
Looking back on it, that was probably one of the weakest Directs that Nintendo has put out during the Switch era so far. Smash took up about 20 minutes of the runtime by itself, so if you weren't particularly down for the game, you were SOL. Can't remember much else of value besides LM3 and AC.

But I didn't care because **** YEAH, SMASH

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Four years.
It was a weak Direct for me that year but back then for me, seeing that after over two weeks in hospital from a blood infection that almost ended me made me hype of seeing that.
Two weeks of hell but this was ****ing good.

Crazy now to think how it's two thirds of a year since Smash DLC ended and we all still talk like bros

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It was a weak Direct for me that year but back then for me, seeing that after over two weeks in hospital from a blood infection that almost ended me made me hype of seeing that.
Two weeks of hell but this was ****ing good.

Crazy now to think how it's two thirds of a year since Smash DLC ended and we all still talk like bros
We're all hanging on because Sakurai is gonna hit us with a brand new game by the end of the year, obviously.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also has there been anything about the Direct happening this month?

I need to keep the 8 year streak of not failing to miss one. I.....take pride in that.......

We're all hanging on because Sakurai is gonna hit us with a brand new game by the end of the year, obviously.
Fire Emblem card fighting game plus Meteos blocks as special guest item.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also has there been anything about the Direct happening this month?

I need to keep the 8 year streak of not failing to miss one. I.....take pride in that.......
I believe there was a content creator who leaked some Switch developer emails on Reddit that hinted at one potentially happening soon...only to have his post nuked (and his job as a content creator most likely ruined), but I don't know much stock I'd put on that, if any.

June just sounds like a good time for one. :drshrug:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know that, what I mean is if Banjo ain't getting a new game, what would the chances be K. Rool returns as the villain in the next Donkey Kong game if that happens?
Let's solve this with math.
Let's use the theory of relevancy: Banjo had 0 games in the 2010s. He had 2 guest appearances in that time frame, one in a racing game, one in a fighting game. Lets say that they are .65 of a game, .15 for the racing and .50 because Smash is a bit more relevant than SASASR. So our margin is .65 here. Now, let's look at K. Rool. Only appeared in Smash in the 2010s, so .50 here. As you can see, the margin for Banjo is slightly higher than K. Rool. But lets calculate some other stuff. Let's factor in the demand, there are millions of 90s kids who grew up on the irrelevant scrimbo bimblos. Each year from 89 to 90 there was about 4 mill kids born, lets factor in some deaths and say about 36 mill 90s kids left. Let's multiply it out. Demand for K. Rool is 18 mill. Banjo is 23.4 mill. Some high ass demand there. Now let's take the outlier of 5 million. Factor that out to even the playing field. Now we gotta find the correlation between Rareware and Nintendo. They had some history, but not really anymore. So let's give them some points here. The correlation is 0.50x10^-100. Multiply the margins with that. Let's round to the nearest tenth.

So 0. Sorry, we're never getting K. Rool back.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like the local gaming convention I'm going to next month is only one game tournament rather than multiple like previous years.

A Smash Ultimate tournament with a $750 prize pot is cool and all but I like it when they have variety.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I still have some hope that indie characters are viable as playable fighters in the next game. Ultimate did destroy many fan roadblock throughout the Fighter Pass 1 & 2's duration.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I guess that Tuesday or Wednesday might be the time to drop an announcement of WHEN the Nintendo Direct will drop. Either this week or next week. Better to know rather then leaving the crowd hanging. Then again, we are kind of spoiled when 3-4 months has passed for the next round of games this year.

For those that are wondering about Pokemon Scarlet and Violet info. Wait until the Pokemon Direct arrives. They will be your guide on the upcoming Gen 9

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I watched the Chip and Dale movie, and.....I can't say it was good. The characters weren't interesting, the story moved too fast and was nothing special, and the jokes weren't funny. The only interesting thing were all the references. But that just makes it a discount Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The movie also had some concepts that needed to be expanded on, or that I wasn't a fan of.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bold to assume a Direct will be announced tomorrow.

Yeah, I am ready.
I’ll be very shocked if they don’t. Nintendo solved this time of year and to do what the others are doing.

I think it’s gonna be Wednesday but it might fall on Thursday.

Also I expect a treehouse afterwards or later in the week. Maybe with Scarlet and violet gameplay because we already know a trailer is very likely coming the 29th, and Pokémon/Nintendo have blown through the advertising of things from the new trailer more then they usually do.

So I think they are paving the way for news one way or another.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
These recent announcements have been pretty boring for me. At this point, I only have excitement left for the Capcom presentation tomorrow, and the speculated upcoming Nintendo Direct as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom