• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So when do you guys think we'll get more info on these new games?
The riddler said big things in April. Arceus isn’t getting anything else, so that means we have to be seeing this game then.
I have to know, is the bdsp Shaymin shiny locked?
In prior versions it wasn’t, so it shouldn’t be shiny locked now. You can also run away, leave flower paradise and go back in to hunt it, rather the. Reset.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't bring in PLA's EV and combat systems, they're great for single player but would kill competitive.

Just improve and streamline the traditional systems instead.
I may not be a competitive Pokemon player but from what I've seen everyone's saying no one likes the traditional systems anyway

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, the legends Arceus update kills Outbreak hunting.

You can no longer reset outbreaks. Once you leave an area, that outbreak is gone 100 percent of the time. Meaning you get one chance each time an outbreak of a certain species spawns before you get another spawn of them to get a shiny.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah, the legends Arceus update kills Outbreak hunting.

You can no longer reset outbreaks. Once you leave an area, that outbreak is gone 100 percent of the time. Meaning you get one chance each time an outbreak of a certain species spawns before you get another spawn of them to get a shiny.
Damn, and I was gonna use one of those to get a shiny Zorua.

What I’m gonna have to do is wait till Sca/Vio comes out and breed for one.

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I may not be a competitive Pokemon player but from what I've seen everyone's saying no one likes the traditional systems anyway
And I will fight and die on this hill.

PLA streamlined the combat system but it also killed all the depth as well as pretty much everything else that made it an interesting competitive game.

And the developers know that. Which is why Legends doesn't have multiplayer battles. It was designed for single player only.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I am suprised how few videos discussing the upcoming Mario movie are on YouTube. All I can really find are homemade movies using Mario plushies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 27: The Reflection (Part 2).

Yesterday, I talked about how the gaming industry has a huge racism and diversity problem. Today, I'll talk about how you can help.

image (3).jpeg

This should be self explanitory

This thread is 98% white and male. Be aware that you will have an easier life than the rest of the 2%. This doesn't mean feel guilty, but just know that you will generally get treated much better in society worldwide.

With that said, that does not mean to close yiur ears to the plight of black people, or just minorities in general. If a majority of them are saying that "x is an problematic issue", then chances are that x is indeed a problematic issue. DON'T try to talk over them, again, majority of you are white, straight, and male, so chances are you aren't gonna understand nor recognizer things like underlying racism, homophobia, sexism, etc.

We have it hard in this world. Please support black creators, whether that be black VA, black artists, black game devs, black mucisians, etc.

While I said support black people, do know that some are complacent in the racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. In the black community, we have a term for those folks that I am not sharing with y'all, but be aware that black does not always better. Support black people, but make sure you know who to support

Had this one in the drafts for hours

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn, and I was gonna use one of those to get a shiny Zorua.

What I’m gonna have to do is wait till Sca/Vio comes out and breed for one.
If you have it’s perfect dex entry and shiny charm, I’d say it’s still worth visiting those outbreaks as they pop up. They can also be in the massive mass outbreaks. Making your chance of getting a shiny one around 1 in 500. Which is around or better then Masuda method. It’s a bit more work but might take you less then breeding if you really want one.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I freaking NEED Sprigatito.
View attachment 346223
Also, I'm actually half Puerto-Rican, and my family on my father's side all speak Spanish. So seeing Pokemon with Spanish naming conventions is sick as crap to me, I love it. I'm not super knowledgeable on Spanish, (Though I plan on learning it soon) but I can definitely tell that Sprigatito and Fuecoco have "gato" (Spanish for cat) and "fuego" (Spanish for fire) pretty clearly mixed into their names. That's real neat!

Edit: Quick correction, Sprigatito's name is closer to "gatito" than "gato", but ya know what I mean, haha.
You know who Sprigatito reminds me of?

1645985555358.png

Carol Tea from Freedom Planet.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If you have it’s perfect dex entry and shiny charm, I’d say it’s still worth visiting those outbreaks as they pop up. They can also be in the massive mass outbreaks. Making your chance of getting a shiny one around 1 in 500. Which is around or better then Masuda method. It’s a bit more work but might take you less then breeding if you really want one.
I do have the perfect entry, but no charm.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And I will fight and die on this hill.

PLA streamlined the combat system but it also killed all the depth as well as pretty much everything else that made it an interesting competitive game.

And the developers know that. Which is why Legends doesn't have multiplayer battles. It was designed for single player only.
The battles are also harder, which is a good thing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Attempting to finally write again and I struggle with coming up with a beginning...Yay... :glare:

Currently trying to write Lost Tapes: Mega Bear (Arcotdus simus aka short-faced bear).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Woke up to the news, it took me by surprise to see that we are getting a new generation rather than just DLC updates, but I guess it does make a bit of sense in retrospect since (as said before) Legends Arceus was handled by a different team than most of the usual players. So far the game looks good, the graphics are a step up from SwSh and it seems like they refined the models so if nothing else visually they've done a good job. The open world is also pretty interesting, but we'll see how it's adapted.

In terms of the starters, right now I feel the same about all three. They look good, all three are cute and loveable and I could see myself taking any of them out on an adventure. It's probably going to come down to their final evolutions as I don't lean any particular way at the moment. The protagonists on the other hand look a little dull, neither really stand out to me.

All in all, cautiously optimistic is the best way I can describe my feelings. It does look promising and I like what I'm seeing and hearing, but I'll wait until we see more before making my judgements.

Didn't Fennekin already break that trend?
It should've, but most tried to count it under dog since Foxes are in the Canidae family. Which was always a stretch, but that's how it survived for two generations more.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gen 1 - Colors
Gen 2 - Metals/Crystal
Gen 3 - Gems
Gen 4 - Gems/Metal
Gen 5 - Colors sort of maybe not really idk
Gen 6 - Letters
Gen 7 - Celestial bodies
Gen 8 - Knight weapons
Gen 9 - Colors again but fancier
Scarlets and Violets are also flowers...they can also refer to fruits Scarlet eggplants and Violet grapes, they did show fruit in the trailer

Ivander

Smash Legend
With the reveal of the new Water Starter and Duck Pokemon:

I better start seeing images of Quaxly doing Daffy Duck with Scorbunny doing Bugs Bunny.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Scarlets and Violets are also flowers...they can also refer to fruits Scarlet eggplants and Violet grapes, they did show fruit in the trailer
Seems it is fruits:

okay so:

Gen 9 - Fruits/maybe schools

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is big:
Bruh how the **** do you get that many breakouts at once? Do you need to beat the game for it or something cause I'm lucky to get 2 different locations have a breakout of a single mon each

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Seems it is fruits:

okay so:

Gen 9 - Fruits/maybe schools
Gonna take this theory one step further, each version will have a different homeroom teacher that people will thirst over

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Super robot wars W just got a fan translation released today, this is pretty cool these games rarely get fan translations. I guess Super robot wars 30 getting a western release drove up some interest, especially since W specifically has two anime that are really popular in western territories.

The series present in this entry are:

Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Nadesico
Tekkaman Blade
Full Metal Panic!
Gaogaigar
Mazinger Z
Orgun
Voltron

I'm downloading this translation now so. The DS emulator i have runs a bit slowly but it should be enough for a game like this.

Lets go send Sven to the space hospital.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My guess? The new update does that.
You beat the game (beat as in you see the end credits) and in Obsidian Fieldland, you talk to mei to start to requests for massive mass outbreaks
The fight with the legendaries are available after completing all missions, which im guessing means beating Volo you start it by sleeping at your bed

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Man as beautiful as Spain is, if they wanted to go with a Spanish place I'm kinda sad they didn't go with anywhere Latin American for the new Pokémon region 😔 there's more interesting biomes there anyway. The biggest shock to me is that this actually came right on time as far as new gens go. SwSh feels like last year still. Pandemic absolutely destroyed any sense of time I think.

Still does this mean that the PLA gameplay mechanics are just going to be permanently a part of the series now? Not complaining I suppose but it is sudden. At the very least, two games with that style of gameplay will prove if it's good enough to stick around or not. If they really are using PLA as a blueprint for the future, I'm so relieved they're keeping the two versions thing for the mainline games. Would hate to see kids lose out on that experience in the future. Speaking of kids, does anyone else get the sense from the new protagonist designs that they're going back to making the protagonists 10 years old? Would be interesting to see since they've been getting older and older with every generation.

Final comment is that it looks like choosing the grass-type starter in every Pokémon game is finally paying off in dividends lol, Sprigatito seems to be by far the most popular.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Seeing the name of the fire starter being "Fuecoco" makes me think the "coco" might come from "Cocodrilo" which means crocodile in Spanish (I mean it looks like a lizard thing), and not "Coco" as in "Coconut" like the article in the front page says...? xD I am not sure, but it is just a random thought that came to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom