• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
YouTube is probably going into NFTs.

You’d think a website that relies so heavily on its community for content and revenue wouldn’t be as tone deaf/out of touch as it usually is.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So CYL 6 is now on its final day of voting for Fire Emblem Heroes. Kinda curious to see how did everyone's CYL voting go this year for those that participated in it.

Here's mine:

Yeah, it's Fateswakening-heavy, I know, but I was alternating my votes my favorite FE character, Takumi, and my favorite FE lord, Chrom.

I'm hoping Chrom will still carry the lead he had from the interim results into the finals so that he can finally get a CYL alt this year.

It will probably be a while until Takumi will obtain a CYL alt, but it is nice to see him still placing in the top 15 from the interim results a few days ago. I'm probably going to dump all my future CYL votes onto him for next year's CYL and any subsequent ones until he gets one since the majority of characters I want in FEH are finally in the game at this point.

Reactions: Z25

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
YouTube is probably going into NFTs.
YT hops onto any trend to stay trendy. Just like how they tried doing their own tiktoks with shorts, or doing their own cable with TV or YT Red. One is dead, one barely exists, and the other one will probably also start barely existing soon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Question to pet owners: do you ever refer to your pets as family terms?

Like, my mom usually calls our cats as her children jokingly, so I started referring to them as my brothers and sister lol.
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, my dog is my daughter and I treat her as such.

That's how all pets should be treated, there isn't not such thing as a pet but family and that's what they are.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

1643210996095.png

“I'm Yoma Ifrit. You who walk on the path of fire, I wonder which road you will end up on.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Islamic mythology. A powerful demon made of smoke and fire who lives in the seven layers of underworld. Originally an epithet used for certain wicked djinns in Quran, later it became known as a separate type of malicious sprits. They are able to do good despite their ruthlessness, such as avenging murders. Sorcerers can bind and summon ifrits and certain prayers can be used to repel them, such as the one Gabriel taught to Mohammed.

Skills: Fire Breath, Fire Block, Maragion, Dustoma

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Night race.

Ifrit is a vast improvement over the Disney monstrosity that is Djinn’s design and it’s complimented by its horns which seem more suited to a Christian demon at first glance but they fit to how a famous ifrit, Al-Malik al-Aswad (The Black King) was portrayed. The fiery lower half is also a good way to reflect his element of origin while also giving him an intangible edge. As they are commonly mixed together, it’s worth noting that Ifrits are not servants of Iblis or angels of hell but independent beings who may even be Muslims themselves if they will.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So managed broke another record of mine this week on the bike from one town to another.

50 minutes, last time was an 1 hour, 5 just over 10 miles. Proud of myself but I'm taking it way, way too safe by relying on the coastal paths.

If I want to cycle into the Republic, I need to stop using coastal paths and such....... And a drink holder.

After today I will no longer have a girlfriend

I’ll have a fiancé

Wish me luck
Congratulations my friend.

So does that mean you'll become NonSpecificHusband soon?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Lamperouge Lamperouge I see you have changed pfp and I love it...................but I need to double check who the character is.

Headphone wearing is underrated character design.

No idea what a 7w8 and 4w5 is but the rest makes sense.

...I'm terminally online, aren't I?
I read that as "I'm terminally ill aren't I?" for a second there.

Yes you are.........................with gamer's syndrome. Life to you is an RPG and you now seeing stats in real life.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge I see you have changed pfp and I love it...................but I need to double check who the character is.

Headphone wearing is underrated character design.
Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari.

Since you're familiar with Rascal Does Not Dream, that show is basically a discount version of it (Not to say Rascal was bad, mind you; I still enjoyed it).

osby

Smash Obsessed

Since you're familiar with Rascal Does Not Dream, that show is basically a discount version of it (Not to say Rascal was bad, mind you; I still enjoyed it).
Certified great taste in fictional characters.

Also, good god, Bakemonogatari was such an emotional rollercoaster if I ever saw one.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So CYL 6 is now on its final day of voting for Fire Emblem Heroes. Kinda curious to see how did everyone's CYL voting go this year for those that participated in it.

Here's mine:

Yeah, it's Fateswakening-heavy, I know, but I was alternating my votes my favorite FE character, Takumi, and my favorite FE lord, Chrom.

I'm hoping Chrom will still carry the lead he had from the interim results into the finals so that he can finally get a CYL alt this year.

It will probably be a while until Takumi will obtain a CYL alt, but it is nice to see him still placing in the top 15 from the interim results a few days ago. I'm probably going to dump all my future CYL votes onto him for next year's CYL and any subsequent ones until he gets one since the majority of characters I want in FEH are finally in the game at this point.
This was mine

I've had the same Ballot all 6 years, Except for last year where I added Manuela at the end,

Hopefully if the interim results stay accurate my six year long struggle to get A!Tiki a new alt will finally come to an end.

Dutch Raikuna

That is on the list to watch as well.

Also, gonna watch Toradora again. Third time's the charm for this.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, isn't it a term for men who hate women because they can't have sex?
Pretty sure female is just the female version. A chick who hates men because no one will **** them. Unshockingly, there is a lot of them. Just look at twitter where woman hate men on the daily

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm looking into femcel culture and it's kind of fascinating. It tries combines a lot of feminist ideology with incel ideology, while denying into connections to the male incel movement.

The thing with incels and femcels both is that there is a truth that people are unfairly judged based on appearance, and this is something especially true for woman. So I do have some sympathy for "femcels" in that regard. But the idea that anyone is owed sex or love is just an inherently toxic one and is an idea I can't support.

I'm also seeing claims that "femcel safe spaces" tend to have a lot of racism and transphobia, but I can't verify how true that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom