• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So three of the playstyles are Bruiser (fist icon), Assassin (sword icon), and Mage (magic ball icon). We still don't know the names of the other two styles, though it's easy to tell one or both of them are based around defense.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I never knew I needed to see Shaggy sonic fsmash Superman into oblivion until now.

Warner Bros is a company with a lot of stuff that interests me so I'm definitely interested to see where this goes.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know about the team battle focus, considering most competitive platform fighter players prefer 1v1, and I'd rather have someone from an older CN show than more SU reps.

Other than that, Nick better give Ludosity the budget for voices now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know about the team battle focus
In fact you know what I think happened? The devs were first going to make a MOBA, but then WB decided they should chase Smash bucks instead of LoL bucks, so they scrapped the MOBA but retained certain concepts like the characters being designed to work as a team with teamplay-focused moves and being assigned specific team roles.

Because that's what it kind of reminds me of. WB meets Smash...meets MOBAs.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I don't know if I'm gonna be in 1v1 or 2v2 more of the time. But I can say I like the focus on team-assisting moves. It'll keep things unique, and it could be fun to discover which combos work the best.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How far are you? And when did you unlock easy mode?
I don't remember how far I got in my original save but today I practiced the first two missions and then tried out the third

Also I kinda sorta ended up grinding for some red orbs so I got the double jump and the stinger early

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Multiversus seems okay. Just like NASB. I wonder, did they develop this game around the same time or did Warner really really have it out for Viacom?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Sonic Unleashed
Looks like a fun film to watch.

But since it is coming out in March 2022, this will be very interesting because Batman releases on March 4 whilst Turning Red releases on March 11. I'd probably expect these two films to do well within the box office as they do seem to have a specific target demographic audience.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well would you look at that…
Oh hey, the visual design actually looks really good here.

No one in the roster is screaming to be my main though. I like a lot of the characters here but none are making me go "man, I just have to play them" yet. I'm sure they'll add someone I click with eventually though, since it looks like they're going down the games-as-a-service route.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So what's the current stance on ZeRo with his recent "apology" video? I haven't had a chance to watch that Technical thing yet where he supposedly "clears his name" but I've heard a bunch of people still want him gone.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So what's the current stance on ZeRo with his recent "apology" video? I haven't had a chance to watch that Technical thing yet where he supposedly "clears his name" but I've heard a bunch of people still want him gone.
He didn't really mention whether or not he asked for pics, just that he didn't receive anyway. Still a pedo, still should not be in the Smash community.

I really wish the sick **** wasn't still making content.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I feel like the last season of Jimmy neutron went and made thiings a lot more wacky than the earlier episodes. The show was never grounded but it just feels like the goofiness was turned up to an eleven lol
And this is one of my favorite bits in the whole show.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Young Justice just explained why Barbara Gordon is paralyzed
turns out that during a Joker attempting to bomb the UN building, the Bat Family stopped him from doing so. Joker try to run out the building in the dark, and Barbara noticed Cassandra attempting to murder him…so…

…Barbara jumped in the way to push Joker to safety and got her back sliced and spine cut up to cause the ability to walk no more. She bled loads of blood, **** freaked out and called medics, the rest of the Bat Fam beat the **** out of Joker as usual, and Cass was freaked out over what she did. Barbara then told her “I didn’t do it to save him…I did it to save you…”. Not wanting to let Cassandra become a killer due to Lady Shiva, her mother who decided to cut out her vocal cords as a baby, training her to do so.

This is how Cass decided to never kill like the rest of the gang, and was that important to the family to where nobody blames her for wanting to kill Joker, and don’t want her to feel any sort of blame for ending the reign of the first Batgirl. The way they did all of this was possibly superior to the way she’s paralyzed in Killing Joke

Also…M’Gaan is bat**** crazy over the death of Connor snd is having to return to Earth with J’onn and her sister

can’t wait for more Young Justice

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Young Justice just explained why Barbara Gordon is paralyzed
turns out that during a Joker attempting to bomb the UN building, the Bat Family stopped him from doing so. Joker try to run out the building in the dark, and Barbara noticed Cassandra attempting to murder him…so…

…Barbara jumped in the way to push Joker to safety and got her back sliced and spine cut up to cause the ability to walk no more. She bled loads of blood, ** freaked out and called medics, the rest of the Bat Fam beat the ** out of Joker as usual, and Cass was freaked out over what she did. Barbara then told her “I didn’t do it to save him…I did it to save you…”. Not wanting to let Cassandra become a killer due to Lady Shiva, her mother who decided to cut out her vocal cords as a baby, training her to do so.

This is how Cass decided to never kill like the rest of the gang, and was that important to the family to where nobody blames her for wanting to kill Joker, and don’t want her to feel any sort of blame for ending the reign of the first Batgirl. The way they did all of this was possibly superior to the way she’s paralyzed in Killing Joke

Also…M’Gaan is bat**** crazy over the death of Connor snd is having to return to Earth with J’onn and her sister

can’t wait for more Young Justice
Saving the Joker is the stupidest thing ever.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Updated my most wanted for Multiversus:

-Aquaman
-Austin Powers
-Beetlejuice
-Cheetara
-Cyborg
-Daffy Duck
-**** Dastardly
-Dr. Evil
-Dynomutt
-Flash
-Fred Flintstone
-Green Lantern
-Joker
-Legolas
-Lion-O
-Magilla Gorilla
-Marceline
-Marvin the Martian
-The Mask
-Neo
-Penelope Pitstop
-Pinky and the Brain
-Quick Draw McGraw
-Raven
-Rosie (Jetsons)
-Samurai Jack
-Scooby Doo
-Scorpion
-Sloth
-Steve Urkel
-Stripe (Gremlins)
-Taz
-Top Cat
-Wicked Witch of the West
-Wile E Coyote
-Willy Wonka (70’s version)
-Yakko, Wakko & Dot
-Yogi Bear

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cartoon Network needs to do another attempt at a Smash clone, one with actual more effort, a bigger budget hence better graphics and roster (Including the Edds, Courage, Gumball Watterson, Steven Universe, Rex Salazar, Cow & Chicken, Mordecai & Rigby, Finn & Jake, Ice Bear, etc.).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Saving the Joker is the stupidest thing ever.
you did read the part where she said she didn’t do it to save him right? Sure it’s the unfortunate yet Batman traditional consequence that he lived, but Barbara was more worried about her crossing the line and never coming back to the Batlight.

plus Harley is the only Batfamily member to actually attempt to kill him (add Red Hood as well if Three Jokers counts, since he didn’t rejoin the family during the beginning of his Red Hood days), and even got Batman to accept the possibility in his death by letting him blow up.

and that was literally what lead to her joining them full time. Her shooting Joker in the eyeball while having way too many bombs strapped to her. Made Bruce choose between saving 1 Joker and saving both Harley and Gotham…and his money…obviously she got her way and made Bruce grow a pair

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
you did read the part where she said she didn’t do it to save him right? Sure it’s the unfortunate yet Batman traditional consequence that he lived, but Barbara was more worried about her crossing the line and never coming back to the Batlight.
It's ******* Joker. Guarantee in real life he would have already been shot on sight after he's escaped the third god damn time.

DC and its muhnokilling rule no matter how awful the villain can be.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's ******* Joker. Guarantee in real he would have already been shot on sight after he's escaped the third god damn time.

DC and its muhnokilling rule no matter how awful the villain can be.
Let's be real; if the Joker was killed, then there'd be a storyline where he takes over Hell somehow within a year, given that the DC universe has everything and the kitchen sink in it. (sci-fi, fantasy, etc.)

It's comic books - one of the conceits of the genre is that nobody stays dead unless they absolutely need to, and at this point, the list of people who absolutely need to stay dead are Spider-Man's Uncle Ben, Bruce Wayne's parents, and anyone else whose death is crucial to a character's origin story. (or cases like Mar-Vell, where bringing him back from the dead might be seen as disrespectful given that he died of cancer, and the story of his death was arguably the defining one for the character)

It's not like this concept is exclusive to comic books either - how many times has Ridley come back from the dead in Metroid? Why hasn't Ganondorf ever stayed dead, or why hasn't anyone killed Dr. Wily after the seventh or eighth time he tried to take over the world?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let's be real; if the Joker was killed, then there'd be a storyline where he takes over Hell somehow within a year, given that the DC universe has everything and the kitchen sink in it. (sci-fi, fantasy, etc.)
It's a headcanon of mine the reason they don't execute such supervillains notably Joker and the Batman rogue gallery because governments are aware of Hell not wanting to risk them coming back as something even worse (Emperor Joker as an example).

It's really the only thing that makes sense for why they're still around.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know playing the earlier Ace Attorney games again really makes you appreciate how starting with the Layton crossover they made it so that you can go anywhere during an investigation instead of just places that vaguely physically connect.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Brute Dokkaebi. A fierce demon warrior! Human, let us work together, yeah!?”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Korean mythology. They are nature spirits that possess extraordinary powers and abilities, sometimes playing tricks on humans and sometimes helping them. Just like they can bring a good harvest, they also cause mental illnesses. They are born from discarded household tools stained with human blood. They are extremely skilled at wrestling and cannot be beaten unless one takes advantage of their single-leg and pushes them to win.

Skills: Lunge, Berserker God, Tarukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Holy race.

Curiously, Dokkaebi’s design is actually a combination of two different figures. Their fearsome face and one leg are mythically accurate but their clothing resembles the robes and hats worn by Jeoseung Saja, another Korean figure who was said to carry the souls of the dead to the underworld. I assume the blue and red coloration is supposed to symbolize Dokkaebis’s dual nature, as well as the colors of the Korean flag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom