• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can I just…I know it’s a large image but…
76B9D9F8-413B-4136-9032-C87004DE4543.jpeg
…man…Gwen…this works

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thank you for acknowledging based gen 7 Sakurai

God I love Alola

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
From a Memphishead, sad to hear about what happened to Young Dolph. His music was cool

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ah, to think back of the good old days where Oak was like "well crap, we we know nothing about those creatures called pokamen, go fourth and discover them all", and then you do and Elm is like "oh darn, we thought we knew them all but new ones are being discovered, time to find another 10yo to do all the works for us!!!".
Now every Pokémon have always existed with no explanation to why we never heard of them before, and they have been known for so long that "in ancient times humans would marry them or whatever". So much for Red being the first person to "see them all".

Thanks for coming to my boomer ted talk.
Yeah, it's sort of silly now. But if you think about it, Professor Oak is the creator of the Pokedex and the later versions are just versions or models that were given to or upgraded by later Professors. Maybe the idea is that the Pokemon registered 1-151 were the "first ones" that the Pokedex registered/saw. So despite some Pokemon apparently interacting with humans much earlier, like Skiddo, the reason a Pokemon like Porygon is #137 in the Pokedex is because it is the 137th Pokemon to be seen/registered by the Pokedex.
Or maybe Porygon was seen earlier, but was made #137 after sorting evolutionary lines and whatnot. Like maybe Bulbasaur was #1 and Charmander was #2, but once Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur and Venusaur, it sorted those two to go behind Bulbasaur and Charmander went from #2 to #4. I mean, It's a video game. Theories and hypothesise aren't that hard to make nor are they necessarily discouraged depending on the subject.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man Smashboards is the only site on earth where you out a NSFW language warning and then STILL get an infraction. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku i would absolutely love to hear your explanation for this ****

Anyway good morning my gamers
Thank you for acknowledging based gen 7 Sakurai

God I love Alola
Top 1 Pokémon game
And that was Mob Psycho season 2. Goated show, holy ****. Can't wait for season 3.

You know... maybe I am a bit of weeb
ONE OF US

Now go watch Hunter x Hunter
Boycott Pokemon y'all
Game Freak Lied

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pokémon Go:
Ed Sheeran can't compete with the Post Malone crossover. What could possibly compete with singing about how it was just about the sex though on top of a Lugia flying through the air? mods you know he sung it don't strike the messenger i'm just saying how he did it

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hirohiko Araki would make that scenario intentionally threatening :yoshi:
I was just thinking of the Robot Master Plantman.

But I'm sure Araki's Plantman would use his Stand, 「WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE」 To **** **** up.

Goku's biggest issue is that he's really confident in his kids, and that's not a bad trait, but against big bads, it's kinda an issue. He assumes all will go well, but he doesn't take into account if it didn't. That's what happened with Gohan and Cell, and that's what happened with Goten and Buu
Yep. Essentially a good trait taken to a bad extreme. Honestly, I just like that Goku and Gohan are fairly different from another, yet there's a lot of respect between the two in most instances.

I do find it funny, when he first turned Super Saiyan against Frieza, he also was a Stern Dad for 5 seconds telling Gohan to get Piccolo and himself somewhere safe.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I really wished I was more active here but life keeps pulling me away.

Used to be really chatty but recent days have just been eh. Wish there was something grand to pull us all into chatting. **** you life, even though it has been going better for me recently.

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna give my legs a good torture and cycle for almost two hours straight.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also I missed the Dragon Ball character discussion so let me just weigh in real quick

Tien is the best character. If you saw/read OG Dragon Ball then you know why

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man Smashboards is the only site on earth where you out a NSFW language warning and then STILL get an infraction. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku i would absolutely love to hear your explanation for this ****
Would recommend discussing your warning within the given PM. I see what happened and will discuss with the staff as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all thought COVID was the least of our worries.

Turns out a virus we thought was long eradicated is still around.

Probably a matter of time until some idiot accidentally unleashes this...Knowing human stupidity that truly showed itself when COVID came...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom