• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Btw, happy 25th to Space Jam.

As an Illinoisian, no slander of MJ is allowed
Mary Jane, Michelle Jones, Michael Jackson, or Michael Jordan?

cause I won’t slander any of them at this moment only

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure if this is a hot take, but I don't really vibe with BoTW Link's main design. I feel like taking away the hat removes one of his more interesting visual traits. Like if Ryu got rid of his headband, it's just weird to me. I mean, I think I can appreciate that they were willing to do something different, for sure. In that, the idea isn't terrible. But when thinking about it, I feel like designs like Fusion and Dread Samus do something similar while keeping a lot of the best elements of the characters main design in tact.

On the other hand, I really like Garou Terry, that was a design that intentionally reeled back some of Terry's main traits(though the Jacket/Jeans and Jeff's Gloves remain) as Rock ended up having the bright Red intsead.

And then Little Mac's Wii-era re-design is like 10/10 to me, as far as modernizing a character goes.

I wanted to do something for the Gamecube similar to that drawing i made about GBA characters because both consoles had their 20th anniversaries this year, i started it but never finished it.
One day I'll do a set of console drawings. One day.

Thanks bro!
No problemo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I randomly clicked on an active thread where people were asking best melee player dr. peepee questions and I just remembered this is a website where actual professional esports players post and interact; and segregated from that is just absolutely rancid ****posting from random teens and adults.

You don't think they lurk here, do you? :191: You think M2K thinks Noipoi is based?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
mdwanye johnson
I’ll always be there for the homie Mdayne Johnson
The last 3. Micheal Jackson is the king, Jordan is the GOAT, and Michelle Jones is my future wife, Zendaya just doesn't know it yet.
Nobody:
MightyP:
Tom Holland better pray up
Cause Imma make ‘em go Zendaya
Everyone: Gives all their respects to him

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ll always be there for the homie Mdayne Johnson

Nobody:
MightyP:

Everyone: Gives all their respects to him
Yeah, I made that lyric, but Tom Holland doesn't have to pray, cause they're not dating, they're not, the pictures were photoshopped, fake and fraudulent, it waa for the movie they're just getting in character the lovey dovey messages are fake all a set up
1632404585833.png

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I made that lyric, but Tom Holland doesn't have to pray, cause they're not dating, they're not, the pictures were photoshopped, fake and fraudulent, it waa for the movie they're just getting in character the lovey dovey messages are fake all a set up
View attachment 337855
Every day

He falls deeper and deeper into

Reddit

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
View attachment 337855
Something something BY A LOT!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 337855
tom holland's living my 12-year old dream of being spider-man and copping zendaya

yeah i watched shake it up back in the day :secretkpop: definitely didn't for bella thorne and her fraudelent dyslexia

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Every day

Reddit
If it was Reddit then I'd be huffing copium over ScarJo
tom holland's living my 12-year old dream of being spider-man and copping zendaya

yeah i watched shake it up back in the day :secretkpop: definitely didn't for bella thorne and her fraudelent dyslexia
I did too, but I think my celeb crush when I was younger was Jennette McCurdy because of iCarly and that one girl from Lab Rats (Bree I think her name was)

Though I did find Zendaya very pretty back then, but she wasn't my main celeb crush, you know?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I did too, but I think my celeb crush when I was younger was Jennette McCurdy because of iCarly and that one girl from Lab Rats (Bree I think her name was)

Though I did find Zendaya very pretty back then, but she wasn't my main celeb crush, you know?
Jennette was also very good, it disgusts me how awful she was treated in and out of the studio. I never watched Lab Rats though, Disney XD was just never meant to be seen by me. Ever. Because they had ass shows. Except Kick Buttowski, I remember being selected to watch the pilot for it back then when I was younger and I said I liked it. Best believe I pogged out of my mind seeing it air lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 337855
don’t worry…
you’re right…
all the Tomdaya kisses and pictures are strictly for Spider-Man…

hooks up more copium
Every day

Reddit
oh no…Redditvirus
If it was Reddit then I'd be huffing copium over ScarJo

I was out here celeb crushing over Miranda Cosgrove and Tara Strong…still do tbh
Something something BY A LOT!
but still not enough

first Zendaya thing I watched outside of the Spider-Man films was Euphoria…was godly
Good morning my gamers

What did I miss
ZendayaBoards

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby Noipoi Noipoi Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @Lamperouge @dezeray112 @Guh-Huzzah! @Wademan94 this post is gonna be one of the most anxiety-inducing ones so far, so praying nothing awful happens after I post It.

Ok, so recently they announced X-Men 97. A sequel to the internet-popular 90s X-Men cartoon.
I did see that show as a kid on the Jetix reruns of the time, but I barely remembered anything about It. And because I didn't want to be like certain ignorants on YouTube who drop videos the second something gets announced and hate It for clicks, I decided to revisit the original show on Disney+ (not everything as I had no time due to something this weekend doh, just the first season, half of the second and the final episode)... And I have a lot to say.

I'm so sorry if this bothers any of you... But the original show is dated af. And I don't mean that the animation looks old or that "old thing bad"... I mean that some of the stuff in that show would raise eyebrows to the quality standards of today. Just to name the highlights:

-Except for Rogue (in the episodes I've seen), It seems every main female character has an oddly perfect excuse to be absent from some of the action in the show: Storm has a claustrophobia which stops her from taking part in some episodes for the most part, Jean is heavily nerfed from the comics and Jubilee is treated as the youngling member so they barely send her to missions (even though she can explode things which you'd feel It be of use).

-The love triangle between Wolverine, Jean and Cyclops feels so rushed and forced. Mostly looks like an excuse to take out Wolverine from some episodes (probably because of the whole deal with the claws). Not to mention that they never explain why Wolverine or Cyclops love or have interest in Jean (or viceversa) in the first season. This Is bad as the first season is where normally you introduce these things.

-Gambit is a creep. Like no cap. He is always being weird around Rogue, in various episodes he tries to flirt with her without consent and most of the time he always has these weird things which just feel... Out of character if you know the character from other versions or comics.

-The plots feel rushed. They do the thing of every 90s cartoon where they try to reimagine classic X-Men stories into animated form... But just as with the others It fails to do so as besides some exceptions they don't fully catch the original strength of those stories.

So yeah, that whole list alone was enough to start making me question if this was the right show to bring back... And then I remembered the shows we got after:

From my point of view, this show was better structured than the 90s cartoon.
The characters actually felt like actual characters instead of single trait-ones, the writing was vastly improved as the quality standards back then got better than in the 90s, every character had at least one cool moment to shine and It was a pseudo-sequel to Evolution so they did get to do new stuff with the license which is neat.

All without mentioning that the neutral designs of the characters make them easier to write stories around, without being stuck on anything pre-90s like the original cartoon

And yet, this show got cancelled with the final episode ending on a really big cliffhanger involving Apocalypse. While the original 90s cartoon ended on what seemed to be a satisfying ending with Professor X passing away and the X-Men moving on.

And with all that said...

Besides nostalgia value, was It really necessary to bring back the 90s cartoon? Instead of other shows which have way more need of a continuation such as Wolverine & The X-Men?

Idk, I feel like bringing back the 90s cartoon is gonna be troublesome: I have faith on the people they have confirmed so far, but the original show is so dated, so stuck to a specific time period and with such a Definitive end that I find It tough to imagine how they can continue It.

More so because ever since the X-Men franchise has evolved a lot: new characters have been made, new iconic plots, new developments on some of the classic characters... A lot of stuff from way after the 90s.

So yeah, with all that said... I'll keep an eye on this new revival. I hope that most of us get to enjoy It... But I do feel other stuff was more important and that with shows such as Owl House or Amphibia being out there the competition is gonna be stronger than in the 90s.

That is all I wanted to say, hopefully this post doesn't cause much trouble. Tried to make good use of the spoiler tags so It doesn't feel like a big wall of text.
I don't really remember much about the 90s cartoon, tbh, other than how it made me went "girl superheroes are cooler because they can fly" as a kid.

Your criticism seems well-founded so just tell anyone who gives **** for it to **** off. But a few points you made are interesting so I want to comment on them:

-Except for Rogue (in the episodes I've seen), It seems every main female character has an oddly perfect excuse to be absent from some of the action in the show: Storm has a claustrophobia which stops her from taking part in some episodes for the most part, Jean is heavily nerfed from the comics and Jubilee is treated as the youngling member so they barely send her to missions (even though she can explode things which you'd feel It be of use).
Not saying casual sexism didn't play a part but keep in mind that Jean and Storm are notoriously broken characters and it's hard to write certain conflicts when they are present.

-The love triangle between Wolverine, Jean and Cyclops feels so rushed and forced. Mostly looks like an excuse to take out Wolverine from some episodes (probably because of the whole deal with the claws). Not to mention that they never explain why Wolverine or Cyclops love or have interest in Jean (or viceversa) in the first season. This Is bad as the first season is where normally you introduce these things.
Hard agree, can we please move on from this? Love triangles are almost always bad and this one is one of the worst examples.

Besides nostalgia value, was It really necessary to bring back the 90s cartoon? Instead of other shows which have way more need of a continuation such as Wolverine & The X-Men?
iirc, this cartoon was really successful back in the day and did high numbers on streaming services. There's a proven audience for a revival.

Idk, I feel like bringing back the 90s cartoon is gonna be troublesome: I have faith on the people they have confirmed so far, but the original show is so dated, so stuck to a specific time period and with such a Definitive end that I find It tough to imagine how they can continue It.

More so because ever since the X-Men franchise has evolved a lot: new characters have been made, new iconic plots, new developments on some of the classic characters... A lot of stuff from way after the 90s.
I kinda agree. 90s cartoon has a cool team and I miss Rogue but not being able to see characters like Emma Frost in the new one would be a shame. They may still do some of the new arcs while keeping the style so we have to wait and see.

But your worries are not baseless at all.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I randomly clicked on an active thread where people were asking best melee player dr. peepee questions and I just remembered this is a website where actual professional esports players post and interact; and segregated from that is just absolutely rancid ****posting from random teens and adults.

You don't think they lurk here, do you? :191: You think M2K thinks Noipoi is based?
Well, to be frank, this used to be the place to be in terms of being a competitive hub for all the Smash games. Then the speculation scene poisoned that well, followed by the rise of transient/temporal platforms like Discord and Twitter.

I'm a little bitter about it btw, if you can't tell.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There'd be, like, 8 Demon Slayer fighters and only 1 Hunter x Hunter fighter :yoshi:
Booooo

If I made the roster it'd be the other way around for sure

Jokes aside I wouldn't be so sure because while I don't think Jump Force has the best roster (WAY too safe), it does have 6 HxH characters so maybe someone at bamco really likes HxH?

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Well, to be frank, this used to be the place to be in terms of being a competitive hub for all the Smash games. Then the speculation scene poisoned that well, followed by the rise of transient/temporal platforms like Discord and Twitter.

I'm a little bitter about it btw, if you can't tell.

Smooth Criminal
Which is weird because the competitive scene is super concerned with the details of what is already in the game and isn't focused so much about who may or may not show up, while the speculative scene is super concerned on the details of what might transpire in the future and isn't focused so much about the minutiae of existing mechanics, kits and matchups, so you'd think the two groups needn't have infringed on each other's turf within the site very much.

Shroob

Sup?
Which is weird because the competitive scene is super concerned with the details of what is already in the game and isn't focused so much about who may or may not show up, while the speculative scene is super concerned on the details of what might transpire in the future and isn't focused so much about the minutiae of existing mechanics, kits and matchups, so you'd think the two groups needn't have infringed on each other's turf within the site very much.
Why discuss character competitiveness on an old, outdated forum when every character has their own Discord channel dedicated to them?

Like, hell, Smashboards wasn't even the most active speculation hub online(Obviously), there were plenty of bigger platforms to do it on, just, comp players would rather stick to the Discords than a dying forum.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I guess I should give an update

I beat DGS 1. It was pretty good overall, the pacing was a bit all over the place (and the lows of each case are very notable) but the cast and humor writing was really good. I haven't started 2 yet since I wanted to take a break, so I decided to do a Mega Man X marathon in the meantime.

...yeah, after playing X1 to completion that's not happening. I originally really liked this game but this playthrough soured me on it somewhat. I really enjoy the collectibles and beating the bosses feels good, but man the level design is severely outdated. Sigma Fortress 1 stands out to me as the worst offender because of that platforming section in the beginning (enemies popping up out of nowhere to try and hinder your progress when you're trying to jump from one moving platform to another is one of my least favorite things in video games period) and the ungodly climb to the room where you fight Boomer Kuwanger. The rest of the game isn't nearly as bad for the most part but there's still some annoying **** here and there like the spike pits on the second sub-boss on Launch Octopus's stage.
Also, while X controls well, it's damn near impossible to hold the controller comfortably without remapping the dash to the shoulder buttons and even then my thumb hurt from charging the shot all the time because enemies take forever to kill. Also Sigma's Phase 2 fight can go suck my fat [REDACTED]
Maybe I shouldn't have played this game so soon after marathoning the entire classic series (though it's been a few months), but if this is this the peak of the series then I'm worried that it's not for me.

Gonna play DMC3 soon instead. I'll save the X marathon for another time.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
With Jurassic World Dominion's production finished and said film coming next year, there's a couple things I'm kind of worried and concerned about:
With dinosaurs released into the mainland United States at the end of Fallen Kingdom and humans forced to coexist.
There's couple of thoughts of what that will be like:
  • Smaller dinosaurs like Compys would be a pretty invasive species due to reproducing a lot, they would be a threat to pets like cats and dogs as well children who are unsupervised. (In the Jurassic Park book, a bunch of compys killed a new born baby.)
  • The food chain would be seriously different with larger carnivores at the top hunting modern day animals.
  • With the Mosasaurus now roaming the ocean, a lot of beaches might shut down.
  • About said aquatic monstrosity, she would be killing off sharks, whales, orcas and other marine fauna.
  • Our modern day animals would never ever have a chance of surviving against these prehistoric things bought back from extinction.
  • If a carnivore dino somehow gets into a city, its gonna be like San Diego over again.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
With Jurassic World Dominion's production finished and said film coming next year, there's a couple things I'm kind of worried and concerned about:
With dinosaurs released into the mainland United States at the end of Fallen Kingdom and humans forced to coexist.
There's couple of thoughts of what that will be like:
  • Smaller dinosaurs like Compys would be a pretty invasive species due to reproducing a lot, they would be a threat to pets like cats and dogs as well children who are unsupervised. (In the Jurassic Park book, a bunch of compys killed a new born baby.)
  • The food chain would be seriously different with larger carnivores at the top hunting modern day animals.
  • With the Mosasaurus now roaming the ocean, a lot of beaches might shut down.
  • About said aquatic monstrosity, she would be killing off sharks, whales, orcas and other marine fauna.
  • Our modern day animals would never ever have a chance of surviving against these prehistoric things bought back from extinction.
  • If a carnivore dino somehow gets into a city, its gonna be like San Diego over again.
It's only like 10-12 free dinosaurs roaming around near a random mansion in the US. Many of those being totally different species'. It ain't like they can reproduce.

Besides HISHE realistically sums it up.

3:49 - 4:27

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom