• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'm feeling both bored and petty at work without my Switch so I decided to remake Ultimate's roster as a true celebration of Nintendo All Stars without adding any new characters.

The first party cuts:

:ultfalcon::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultkrool::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultminmin:ultness::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultroy::ultdarksamus:

The ones I'm iffy about whether or not they count as Nintendo All Stars:

:ultfalco::ultfox::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultridley::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultpyra::ultzss::ultwolf:
If you really want to celebrate nintendo Mother is a must have as it has a giant cult following honestly the only ones that make sense are:
Honestly none of them cutting pichu or young link wouldve and especialy shiek would have been a better choice!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The f word is a pretty offensive word outside of english speaking country (true that mostly applys to if you dont say it in english but yeah)
mr oracle link that's a five letter word though

**** is just 4

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No new demon showcases today so on with the program:

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcases demon is of the Avatar race:

1637071273170.png

“I’m Avatar Kamapua’a! Health, skill, looks, and fighting spirit! I got it all!”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Hawaiian mythology. Kamapua'a is a demigod associated with fertility and his name means “hog child”. Growing up unloved by his stepfather, he grew up to be a rascal, eventually killing him. He defies authority and steals goods but also upholds justice in some cases. There are different stories of his advances on the fire goddess Pele, whom he’s sometimes lovers, sometimes rivals with. He’s particularly associated with the island of Maui.

Skills: Dekaja, Fang Breaker, Tarunda, Mazan

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Brute race.

Kamapua’a is a very interesting figure and is hard to do justice to. Some interpretations of him describe him as an enlightened figure who has a strong moral compass despite his problems with societal order. Making him a funny pig man loses some of that nuance but keeps his stubborn, untamed, and gluttonous side. Not sure what his scepter is supposed to symbolize.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

When it comes to the next Dragon Ball game, I definitely wasn't expecting an asymmetrical multiplayer survival game (like Friday the 13th, Dead By Daylight, or Predator Hunting Grounds) starring Bulma, Oolong, and Cell, but I'm definitely not complaining, and I love to see them taking a different route with video games for the series.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

When it comes to the next Dragon Ball game, I definitely wasn't expecting an asymmetrical multiplayer survival game (like Friday the 13th, Dead By Daylight, or Predator Hunting Grounds) starring Bulma, Oolong, and Cell, but I'm definitely not complaining, and I love to see them taking a different route with video games for the series.
Anime Dead by Daylight was inevitable. Just like the jojo fortnite game

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anime Dead by Daylight was inevitable. Just like the jojo fortnite game
There's a JoJo Fortnite game? (I'm assuming it's starring create-a-characters, because pitting various JoJo villains against each other seems like it would be a bunch of ludicrously overpowered abilities trying to one-up each other)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some Batman #117 spoilers about the story of Harleen Quinzel
8E2BAC9F-460A-478B-AFE7-1EB6ADC213E1.jpeg
2410DED9-3304-4814-85A1-DC3D569910E3.jpeg
C41F56F2-DF4F-4807-BF1E-6451FEFA026C.jpeg
the Harley Quinn superhero development is finally complete…and it only took 6 whole years for DC to let her be happier than Batman

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im in

bottom text

Oracle Link

Smash Master

I already made the Thread to it under gaming im curious which Surviours we still dont know!

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If the masterpieces returned, there was a missed opportunity to add the GBA's Sonic Genesis as a joke.
The demo is the same as the game, only with the OG music that comes from Smash and not from the rom

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Wow, that Dragon Ball hide and seek game actually looks pretty cool.

This is the most creative concept I've seen them come up with in a long time.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
So epic gamers, is anyone watching the G4TV reboot that's airing tonight? Hell, did anyone watch G4 back when it was on the air? I thought it'd extremely popular among video game fans but a lot of my friends apparently never heard of it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So epic gamers, is anyone watching the G4TV reboot that's airing tonight? Hell, did anyone watch G4 back when it was on the air? I thought it'd extremely popular among video game fans but a lot of my friends apparently never heard of it.
I'd pass by the channel all the time growing up but I never really sat down and watched it for more than a few minutes.

But my curiosity is piqued for the reboot simply because of Scott the Woz.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'd pass by the channel all the time growing up but I never really sat down and watched it for more than a few minutes.

But my curiosity is piqued for the reboot simply because of Scott the Woz.
Look I love Scott the Woz, truly I do, he's an inspiration, but the amount of people I've seen who are only interested in the novelty of Scott the Woz on cable TV... 😭

Obviously the real sole reason to tune in is American Ninja Warrior.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
People wanted a sequel to Psychonauts for a long time, but once it came out I hardly heard anyone praise it to GotY levels.

Ratchet & Clank is Ratchet & Clank.

REVIII was treated as a joke from Day 1.

I've never heard of the other two.

So... that just leaves Metroid :yoshi:
Is this for the Game Awards? If so, I'm just glad to see Psychonauts 2 get nominated for Game of the Year. (that game was amazing, and I'm so glad that I backed it)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
How are y'all gonna talk about the TGAs nominees without posting the thing?

there's 29 other categories to check out on the website, and there's some interesting choices there. I'm sure the population here will vote for Nintendo in all the categories they're under lol. As for the GOTY nominees, this is a super balanced set. No obvious winners at all. They're all just as popular and critically acclaimed. Well, except Psychonauts, no clue why that's up here over Forza or Hitman or Returnal or Monster Hunter. Deathloop is a bit contentious, and It Takes Two is great but just doesn't stand out among the rest. I'd say it's between Metroid and Resident Evil, but a Ratchet & Clank upset wouldn't surprise me. That game is a technical marvel. But Metroid and Resident Evil are seriously fun for everyone, took over the Internet for a bit, and all set up to take the trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom