• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Really off topic.

If there are a few people who I specifically want to burn in hell, it's the UI designers of Pinterest and Fandom. Trying to find direct images on Fandom is a ****ing pain in the ass now they have shrunk their images on Google.

Not to mention their shows with Tiffany two **** and Paul "I am a model who plays COD and is stupid." Like WatchMojo but ****tier.

**** most sites and **** 99% of everyone who designs a site like that.

-----------------------------------------------

Someone mentioned Sega crossover and I just want to point this out.

1635363519550.png

If I'm not getting Virtua Tennis 5 at least give me a remake of this!

-----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If we get a Shonen Jump platform fighter I might actually be excited since that covers One Piece and Hunter x Hunter, two of my favorite stories of all time

But Shuiesha doesn't have a good track record with quality control for their video games so it would probably suck ass

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait, did Nick shut down a major tournament or call off DLC or something? That’s what I’m reading from this Wording.
A lot of people were put off by the excessive nair spam in the first major tournament for the game, if the lack if voice acting was something they could tolerate.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, did Nick shut down a major tournament or call off DLC or something? That’s what I’m reading from this Wording.
No, its just there's already a new game coming that's going to steal all the clickbait speculators away from it, and discussion on NASB as a whole has dried up anyway, not even to mention plummeting player counts and Twitch viewership.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If we get a Shonen Jump platform fighter I might actually be excited since that covers One Piece and Hunter x Hunter, two of my favorite stories of all time

But Shuiesha doesn't have a good track record with quality control for their video games so it would probably suck ass
We actually did get a cool one on DS called Jump Ultimate Stars. It had a cool mechanic where you can customize the skills of a character with manga panels that you attempt to fit on the screen. I wish that game would get a sequel.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
We actually did get a cool one on DS called Jump Ultimate Stars. It had a cool mechanic where you can customize the skills of a character with manga panels that you attempt to fit on the screen. I wish that game would get a sequel.
I have that on my DS flashcart

It might be good for multiplayer but as a single player experience it kinda blows, the AI is braindead and provides no challenge at all

Also no playable Usopp 0/10

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
A lot of people were put off by the excessive nair spam in the first major tournament for the game, if the lack if voice acting was something they could tolerate.
No, its just there's already a new game coming that's going to steal all the clickbait speculators away from it, and discussion on NASB as a whole has dried up anyway, not even to mention plummeting player counts and Twitch viewership.
Nah they just didn't give it nearly enough budget nor time in the oven
Guess the hype was just a passing fad after all. Shame.

So when can we expect the Virgin vs. Chad memes to start rolling in?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Apparently there are reports of NASB being a commercial success regardless, so that should mean support can continue after the two free DLC characters.

...please?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Disney probably content with having Sora in Smash anyways

but Nickelodeon and all of WarnerMedia wanting to Smash…

…why…View attachment 335905
So be it:
I am not a fan of the show. It annoys me to no end and like Undertale in its prime, the culture around the show semented an unfounded hatred of it that I cannot get over.

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently there are reports of NASB being a commercial success regardless, so that should mean support can continue after the two free DLC characters.

...please?
I think they will continue, but it'll probably be slow.

Like, game's probably gonna have the Sword of Damocles hanging over its head the entire time, knowing Nick could just look at the bleed out and say "no more".

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What'll help Multiversus beyond having a much deeper roster to pull from with WB's vastly more extensive history is that being free to play makes it a lot more accessible.

Brawlhalla pulls in huge numbers even if it isn't the most in depth fighter out there because it's free.
Keep a steady stream of content from a wide variety of franchises coming and WB have a hit.

kylexv

Smash Master
I actually want Bandai-Namco to re-release The Outfoxies

Ya know, the very first platform fighter to be ever made.
I've heard about that game. I spotted it when I was at Galloping Ghost arcade a few months ago, and I got a chance to play it there. Makes me wonder how much Smash was influenced by it, if at all.

Shroob

Sup?
And that's another thing.

Game's free. Even if the dev studio is a literal no one, it's free. What do you have to lose from giving it a try? Like, even if it blows, you didn't pay a cent.

Likewise, 50 bucks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
And all because Nick gave the idea to a low-budget gaming company rather then a big one.

Nice going Nick...Nice going...
*All because Nick didn't give the gaming company a budget.
Ludosity is quite competent and frankly a great choice given the game they wanted made. It's purely on Nick for not giving them the resources to create something special.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've heard about that game. I spotted it when I was at Galloping Ghost arcade a few months ago, and I got a chance to play it there. Makes me wonder how much Smash was influenced by it, if at all.
I have seen some claimed that some who worked on The Outfoxies later worked on Smash 64.

However, I have painstakingly looked through the credits of both games and not a single person was listed in both, so I don't believe those claims at all.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ludosity is quite competent and frankly a great choice given the game they wanted made. It's purely on Nick for not giving them the resources to create something special.
To add to this:

Ludosity didn’t choose their budget or how long they got to work on the game.

That’s not how game developers work.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know what exactly Nick hoped for with this game. Limited dev time/budget, reports that their roster idea was boring and safe, but...they wanted it to be an esport the whole time, and picked a dev team that had worked on a platform fighter before.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't know what exactly Nick hoped for with this game. Limited dev time/budget, reports that their roster idea was boring and safe, but...they wanted it to be an esport the whole time, and picked a dev team that had worked on a platform fighter before.
Smash was making beeg numbers and they heard them Melee kids were mighty upset at them and would throw money at the right buzz words.

They then cheaped out ‘cause lol licensed game IP holders.

‘Least that’s my own speculation

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh Steven Is on the roster? Cool i can use him as a punching bag.

I Will main Bugs.

Battle Stadium exists.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Yume Nikki/YNFG platform fighter?
I'm already juggling too many projects as is, I need to get the thought out of my head, pronto.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
anyway if Nick ain't killing Smash the WB game certainly won't

look closely at the leaked screenshot and you can see gameplay features that are right at home in smartphone fighters, not ones that actually get tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom