• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hot take:

I dont mind when a character i dont like Makes it to a fighting game roster.

Because you know, it's a fighting game roster, i can beat them up for funsies

...I'm thinking of Korra in Nick all stars as i type this

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Multiversus game seems exciting. Really happy with Steven, Shaggy, Finn, Jake, Bugs, Tom and Jerry.

I hope they add Chowder, Scooby, Daffy, Amethyst, and some others; it'd be cool if, in a team battle and Steven and a gem character or Connie are together, they could fuse.

"Free to play" makes me worried it'll be a mobile game, though. I don't like mobile controls for platformers or Minecraft or anything like that, I can't use them as easily/good as a keyboard + mouse or controller; not sure I can even use them good enough to have any fun (maybe for Minecraft if I recall what I tried on a friend's phone years ago correctly, but still not as great as other controls, and I prefer keyboard + mouse for Minecraft specifically)...of course, I'm aware there's another F2P fighter on Switch (Ubisoft's, I think), so I guess this won't be a problem. Hopefully the microtransactions aren't too bad or limiting :>

ANYWAY...NOW IT'S TIME TO BE A [BIG SHOT]!

I made Spamton's overworld theme with Minecraft noteblocks :)

I made it with Note Block Studio, but had to make it again ingame since I couldn't get the structure stuff to load correctly. Mapping it out in Note Block Studio seems to help make it easier, though, plus there's a resourcepack that lets you see what note the noteblock is on (the resourcepack isn't from Note Block Studio, someone made it on Planet Minecraft).

Here's the download for the NB Studio file if anyone wants it:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASB did great for what it is and will do better when they get all the planned updates out.
I just hope its small but dedicated fanbase is able to push the fact that Garfield is added as much as possible when he gets in, as well as additions like voice acting and the inclusion of iconic Nicktoons like Jimmy Neutron if they too get added.

Like, even if Battle for the Grid is a "dead game", announcement for its latest season and Ryu still got a decent amount of views on YouTube.

Shroob

Sup?
I just hope its small but dedicated fanbase is able to push the fact that Garfield is added as much as possible when he gets in, as well as additions like voice acting and the inclusion of iconic Nicktoons like Jimmy Neutron if they too get added.

Like, even if Battle for the Grid is a "dead game", announcement for its latest season and Ryu still got a decent amount of views on YouTube.
I think the biggest issue is though that the game just doesn't appeal to casuals, and it frankly wasn't meant to despite its cartoon cast.

Games like Ultimate are very pick up and play friendly, likewise, I've watched a ton of NASB gameplay and it's just, fast, janky, absurd are all what I'd describe it as.

That's kinda the thing about these games. If you appeal to a hardcore, competitive audience, you're setting yourself up to be niche. Casuals are where the money's at.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think the biggest issue is though that the game just doesn't appeal to casuals, and it frankly wasn't meant to despite its cartoon cast.

Games like Ultimate are very pick up and play friendly, likewise, I've watched a ton of NASB gameplay and it's just, fast, janky, absurd are all what I'd describe it as.

That's kinda the thing about these games. If you appeal to a hardcore, competitive audience, you're setting yourself up to be niche. Casuals are where the money's at.
Well, those of us who are sticking to Nick are gonna have to push the inclusion of items once they get added, too. There's code and models for them hidden the game's files already.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still laugh at the very fact there were folks calling Nick All-Stars Brawl the "Smash Killer".

So delusional. LMAO.

"Bu-b-but muhrollback!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, those of us who are sticking to Nick are gonna have to push the inclusion of items once they get added, too. There's code and models for them hidden the game's files already.
I don't think that's going to fix the underlying issue that the game runs like a horse on crack mechanically. That's more like a band aid over a gaping flesh wound.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think that's going to fix the underlying issue that the game runs like a horse on crack mechanically. That's more like a band aid over a gaping flesh wound.
Frankly they're gonna have to fix the pacing of the game for competitive players, too. For all you've heard about ZOMG SPONGEBOB WAVEDASHING?, it's more useful to just do plain old dashing due to how fast everyone moves.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Calling stuff "the Smash killer" is just view/interaction farming, I don't think most people who say that kind of thing are being genuine. What usually happens when new titles enter an underserved genre is that the total demographic for that genre expands by some degree and a subsection of the existing demographic plays multiple games or hops ship to the new one. In most genres of PvP games there are several highly successful titles (example: Fortnite didn't "kill" PUBG, they're both making tons of money), but the platform fighting genre has really been lacking in that only 1 or 2 games (Smash/Brawlhalla) were super popular. I'd like to see more games reach the mainstream in the genre and it's cool to see more entries in it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NASB would be an even bigger success if they used TMNT 2012 designs instead of the inferior yet still iconic 87 designs (April aside…cause I prefer that April)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Didn't it already happen?
Well, I’m not seeing anybody I like to browse on Twitter talking about it, so if it really did happen, then I guess it was ultimately nothing interesting.
It was pretty bad
Lemme guess: ports of games already ported a million times on other systems and/or more dark, moody, cinematic stuff?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bugsnax getting a big free update and KOF properly revealing the other new character and a beta were the only highlights.

Everything else was mid at best

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
People expected FFXVI due to webpage updates and ****. No FFXVI. Really, it's only 25 minutes and that'll give you a better idea as I can't remember half of it
I took a look, and… yeah. I can see why people aren’t talking, considering it‘s mostly a gaggle of smaller studio titles most people haven’t heard of.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I still laugh at the very fact there were folks calling Nick All-Stars Brawl the "Smash Killer".

So delusional. LMAO.

"Bu-b-but muhrollback!" :rolleyes:
Ultra_lordx.jpg

We get it bro. You can stop constructing strawmen to make fun of now. It wasn't funny the first time, and it hasn't gotten any more funny since then.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 335944

We get it bro. You can stop constructing strawmen to make fun of now. It wasn't funny the first time, and it hasn't gotten any more funny since then.
Considering he used to have an avatar of a Nicktoon that isn't represented in the game at all, it makes you wonder if there's a different agenda behind these posts.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So outside of Star Ocean 6.............................nothing at all interested me.

And even then it's a very mixed series. I'd rather if Square bought them and made them a support team.

Good character designs and Star Ocean 5 has one of my favourite battle themes and starting towns but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom