• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My two hopes for Warner bros smash
1. It’s not free to play
2. No meme characters
3. Ben 10, Beetlejuice, Warner Siblings, Lion-O, Neo, and Austin Powers all making the roster.
No meme characters
Austin Powers
Austin Powers was a meme before memes were a thing. He'd be a meme/joke character if he got in, though he'd be an incredibly based addition.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna create a character wishlist for the game, since we still don't have enough idea of which franchises will and won't make the cut. That said, I did create a franchise wishlist.

• Ben 10
  • Regular Show
  • Xiaolin Showdown
  • Scribblenauts
  • Tiny Toon Adventures
  • Gilligan's Island
  • Friends

Reactions: Z25

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Shroob Shroob Just a penguin Just a penguin You ready for Crimson Vow spoiler season?
Yes, I think that a horror wedding-themed set should be able to cover new ground. Who do you think Olivia Voldaren’s going to marry?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thinking about if I should post some new game photos for the first time in a long while.

Considering the Brawling talk don't know if I should wait or not.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There’s a difference between a meme character and a parody character.
Yes, he is a parody of James Bond. However, Austin Powers was full of quotes repeated ad nauseam by people who watched the movies, which is why he's a "meme character". If you need more proof, pay me one million dollars.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aren’t memes legally considered Parodys of something?
from my understanding, memes are a bit of a grey area. They usually fall under fair use laws, but you do have to meet some criteria first, such as transforming the original work of art with “new meaning.”

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, I'm at the final world in Kingdom Hearts. Probably gonna grind a few more levels and tackle some side content before facing the final boss.

I gotta say, I've had a much better time with the game this time around than I did with my first playthrough years ago. Still don't think the story is good in the slightest, mind you, but it is pretty entertaining. I'm at the point where every mention of darkness and hearts sends me into a fit of laughter lol.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How the heck do microtransactions work in a fighting game? Would it just mean that there's a bunch of day-one DLC characters or something?
Something like that, as well as tons of costumes and other cosmetic things to buy like victory animations.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
If it really is F2P I’m gonna pass, games like that are almost always more concerned with getting your wallet than actually making a fun experience

Shame, this is a really sweet concept. Hopefully they manage to do the game justice.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not gonna create a character wishlist for the game, since we still don't have enough idea of which franchises will and won't make the cut. That said, I did create a franchise wishlist.

• Ben 10
  • Regular Show
  • Xiaolin Showdown
  • Scribblenauts
  • Tiny Toon Adventures
  • Gilligan's Island
  • Friends
Joey from friends would be pretty funny on the roster if I’m being honest.
There better be LEGO guys fighting in there.
It’s their time:
1635376301101.jpeg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I still laugh at the very fact there were folks calling Nick All-Stars Brawl the "Smash Killer".

So delusional. LMAO.

"Bu-b-but muhrollback!" :rolleyes:
That's not the game's fault.

That's the fault of the #FreeMelee elitists who were saying these things in the first place out of desperation to see Smash be killed just like how Nintendo "kills their scene" because just like how you take any opportunity to jab at NASB or Waluigi, they take any opportunity to **** on Nintendo and have done so since Nintendo started throwing C&Ds at tournaments last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom