• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To each their own. For me personally, I adore Roxas and the opening sets the tone of the game phenomenally IMO.
IDK. It just doesn't feel like it really matters... like at all... from a narrative perspective. And like, I'm not going into this seeking to write a thesis on the deep and intricate themes of the game. I wanna bash in Heartless, Nobodies, and Disney villains with a giant key.

Shroob

Sup?
IDK. It just doesn't feel like it really matters... like at all... from a narrative perspective. And like, I'm not going into this seeking to write a thesis on the deep and intricate themes of the game. I wanna bash in Heartless, Nobodies, and Disney villains with a giant key.
Nothing's stopping you from doing this irl

:nifty:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine tho

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh believe me. It definitely matters.

Hooooo boy it matters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh believe me. It definitely matters.

Hooooo boy it matters.
Like.. what matters beyond Roxas existing and Sora's memories being restored and all that? Like, the struggle fight and the photo thief and the job earning and the seven wonders of twilight town. Does any of THAT matter. Is there any reason it's THREE HOURS LONG?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Like.. what matters beyond Roxas existing and Sora's memories being restored and all that? Like, the struggle fight and the photo thief and the job earning and the seven wonders of twilight town. Does any of THAT matter. Is there any reason it's THREE HOURS LONG?
It's to endear Roxas to you and make you feel for his situation.

It hits a lot harder if you know his story in 358/2 Days.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ouais, saviez-vous que le fromage est juste fait de fromage ! Je pensais qu'il était fait de roche lunaire ! J'ai été trompé ! Je déclare la guerre à la lune pour la quatrième fois, je crie au meurtre en ce moment. Je vais tuer la lune ! Hahahahaha !

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I was reading some reviews of Eternals and I found a few that confused me.

“Eternals has everything that makes a great movie. Interesting story, relatable characters, extraordinary set pieces, stunning shots, and even adrenaline pumping action but it just doesn’t put these things together in a way that makes the movie good”

That’s an interesting way of writing this out. I’m not sure what they were trying to convey here. The only thing I can figure is that it’s front or backloaded on exposition oppositely. So a lot of talking for the first half and a lot of action for the last? I dunno. I’m intrigued.

Edit: sorry I know that we had this conversation and people obviously aren’t a huge fan of reviews, scores, and reviewers in general but I find them interesting. It’s actually a field I’m interested in getting into.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ouais, saviez-vous que le fromage est juste fait de fromage ! Je pensais qu'il était fait de roche lunaire ! J'ai été trompé ! Je déclare la guerre à la lune pour la quatrième fois, je crie au meurtre en ce moment. Je vais tuer la lune ! Hahahahaha !
Yo no hablo Frances. Tu debes hablas Engles o espanol. O Java, yo se ese idoma.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wait a second, did you skip Chain of memories? Your supposed to play that one before 2.

But I haven't watched that yet because it came out afterwards....
I have no idea if we should consider ourselves lucky that Square decided to cut out a very similar tutorial section to the Roxas one from 3 where you play as Aqua in the dark world, but then made it a bonus side mode in the PS4 port of 3D.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait a second, did you skip Chain of memories? Your supposed to play that one before 2.
I skipped it but I know what happens thanks to SomecallmeJohnny. I started playing it but the card system gave me a headache so I gave up.
I have no idea if we should consider ourselves lucky that Square decided to cut out a very similar tutorial section to the Roxas one from 3 where you play as Aqua in the dark world, but then made it a bonus side mode in the PS4 port of 3D.
From what I've heard A Fragmentary Passage is actually like... fun.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yo no hablo Frances. Tu debes hablas Engles o espanol. O Java, yo se ese idoma.
한국어로 말해주세요. 감사합니다. 나는 스페인어를 못해요.

On a side note how tf do y’all manage schedules without wanting to procrastinate or letting duties get in the way and throw you off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom