• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'll drop this here before bed:

Seems like Nintendo definitely has plans for more games.

Hopefully they fix the emulator first, though...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Why would you play Smash 64 when Sora is not there?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Get ready for Super Smash Bros 64, more lag than Ultimate Edition!
…is it sad I actually had fun playing Dr Mario 64? Other than the controls the game functions well from my time playing it.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Since this thread seems full of Kingdom Hearts fans, would you say the games are worth a shot for someone without much interest in Disney?

I have essentially no connection to any Disney films aside from Aladdin (I once saw that film 3 times back to back) but I do have some interest in trying out the series.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Me wanting Kirby 64 and F-Zero X which are givens aside, kinda hoping for Panel De Pon 64 which was part of the JP only GC puzzle collection

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just started the GOTG game…already unable to do **** due to the ****ing music

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why would you play Smash 64 when Sora is not there?
It gives you a lot of time to persue your hobbies during the days of hitlag.
Since this thread seems full of Kingdom Hearts fabs, would you say the games are worth a shot for someone without much interest in Disney?

I have essentially no connection to any Disney films aside from Aladdin (I once saw that film 3 times back to back) but I do have some interest in trying out the series.
I'm kind of the same way. I've heard good things about the series but never got into KH. It was too childish for me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since this thread seems full of Kingdom Hearts fabs, would you say the games are worth a shot for someone without much interest in Disney?

That's honestly a hard question to answer, because most of Kingdom hearts at this point is original lore, hence why nothings is really lost when Sora joined Smash without the Disney stuff.

The Disney worlds basically just act as world building. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's honestly a hard question to answer, because most of Kingdom hearts at this point is original lore, hence why nothings is really lost when Sora joined Smash without the Disney stuff.

and that right there is why I kind of feel like the series is kind of... lost.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive always found it kinda weird how Mickey seems to value Riku's friendship more than Donald and Goofy in this series, he insists that Riku call him by name instead of "Your majesty" or "The King" like everyone else does.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Interesting, I only ever heard about KH from its Disney references. Putting OG lore at the fore front sounds more my speed. Thanks!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Interesting, I only ever heard about KH from its Disney references. Putting OG lore at the fore front sounds more my speed. Thanks!
The OG lore is basically just Shonen anime wackiness that has Disney characters and occasionally Square enix characters mingling together, it's inherently stupid that it ends but being fun. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The OG lore is basically just Shonen anime wackiness that has Disney characters and occasionally Square enix characters mingling together, it's inherently stupid that it ends but being fun. lol
I kind of feel like it should have just been Disney/Square Enix wackiness TBH. All the original stuff and complicated plotlines... it's just not needed.

Having just played KH1, I actually think it handles it very well. Sora, Riku, Kairi, and then Ansem/Xehanort. Adding in Roxas and the organization and all that is where it really went bananas and I think the games started to suffer.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My least favortie part about Kingdom hearts as a whole is how Maleficent and Pete are written like a Team rocket trio archetype, when it's only two of them.

I kind of feel like it should have just been Disney/Square Enix wackiness TBH. All the original stuff and complicated plotlines... it's just not needed.

Having just played KH1, I actually think it handles it very well. Sora, Riku, Kairi, and then Ansem/Xehanort. Adding in Roxas and the organization and all that is where it really went bananas and I think the games started to suffer.
I like how Birth by sleep handled the Disney stuff at least, where it tries to make it so these events in the Disney worlds actually leave some kind of impact on the OG characters, wether or not it works is another story but i like how there is an attempt lol

kylexv

Smash Master
Was watching SomeCallMeJohnny's new video on Metroid Fusion and it made me think...

I must be one of the few people who first played Fusion on 3DS. Y'know, with the ambassador program and all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The console port of Chain of memories is sad because that was the last performance of Wayne Allwine, Mickey's old voice actor, and you can tell because he was in poor health at the time and he's really forcing himself to do the Mickey voice here.
Insert gif of Nickacado Avacado taking a sip of his drink and slowly gets sad here

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My least favortie part about Kingdom hearts as a whole is how Maleficent and Pete are written like a Team rocket trio archetype, when it's only two of them.

I like how Birth by sleep handled the Disney stuff at least, where it tries to make it so these events in the Disney worlds actually leave some kind of impact on the OG characters, wether or not it works is another story but i like how there is an attempt lol
I swear, if the next game in the series introduces twelve dozen more original characters then maybe Tetsuya Nomura should go back to developing original ideas instead of the Disney/Final Fantasy crossover.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Was watching SomeCallMeJohnny's new video on Metroid Fusion and it made me think...

I must be one of the few people who first played Fusion on 3DS. Y'know, with the ambassador program and all.
I also played Fusion on the 3DS though for a while I didn't know I was part of the ambassador program.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I boycotted when I found out that they were cut from the live action remake.

Cancel Culture strikes again.

Honestly? As a black guy, I never found them that bad.

They’re obviously racial stereotypes. But they’re upbeat, jovial characters. Yeah they screw around with Dumbo, but they’re just messing around. They’re good guys, they even help him fly. For black coded characters in the 50s it could’ve been worse. It was worse in other media back then.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

They’re obviously racial stereotypes. But they’re upbeat, jovial characters. Yeah they screw around with Dumbo, but they’re just messing around. They’re good guys, they even help him fly. For black coded characters in the 50s it could’ve been worse. It was worse in other media back then.
Definitely not racially sensitive imo, but then again it could have been so much worse.

I can see why they got rid of them, but at the same time... eh, didn't really bother me.

Besides, Disney did far worse

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Honestly, having the black coded characters be objective heroes was a big step back then.

It was horrendously clumsy, but I think it earns "an attempt was made."

Now the parts that were super bad... That's actually part of the intro.

Why are we spoiling this?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, having the black coded characters be objective heroes was a big step back then.

It was horrendously clumsy, but I think it earns "an attempt was made."

Now the parts that were super bad... That's actually part of the intro.

Why are we spoiling this?
Incase discussing the crows from dumbo was deemed too hot a topic by the mods.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Maybe I'll start retro game hunting again.
Speak for yourself. I'm going to a convention next weekend. I'm kind of scared to see how bad priced have gotten in that kind of setting throughout the pandemic. So many games I never thought would reach the $100 mark and CIB Pokemon should not be in the $300 range IMO. At the moment though, I'm starting to lean into looking at Wii, DS, and PSP titles rather than for 80s/90s systems like I used to.

One day I'll make a Retro Gaming thread in the Lighthouse... :sheep:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The crows in Dumbo are nothing compared to the racist song when they're setting up the tents at the start.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A Pokémon conquest event basically?
That’s hype!
East vs West. Guzma with Buzzwole as a Samurai will never not be hilarious to me. Guzma-sama, Jasmine-hime, Sir Diantha, Princess Hilda. lol

I wonder if Sinnoh will get any love this month after all? We'll find out in tonights(?) datamine I guess. SM Grimsley is also a surprise (well not really, as he's husbando bait) as he already has Sharpedo with his Sygna Suit, maybe he'll finally get Bisharp?

Also someone should start a Pokemon General thread in the NintenZone if one hasn't already been created.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
What do you think I should do about the mobile game? Union Cross or whatever? I don’t wanna play a mobile game with micro transactions to get part of the story.
Sometime this year they'll be releasing an offline version or something i think as part of the 20th anniversary.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, on a somewhat related note, while I inderstand why Disney is trying to be sqeuaky clean and rid itself of anything remotely racial in their movies, it is kinda annoying as someone who loves preservation efforts.
I don't know what's stopping them from doing the "these movies are products of their time" thing that WB does.

Are they too good to admit their mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom