• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know what's stopping them from doing the "these movies are products of their time" thing that WB does.

Are they too good to admit their mistakes?
The original Dumbo on Disney Plus has that exact type of message though.

Im not sure of any other films though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait huh?
the GOTG game is loaded with licensed music, and thee story straight up kicks off with some badass rock music. I have no idea what the song was called, but I was stuck listening to it.

As of now I’m only 3 chapters into the game…and there’s been 5-6 bangers without any “Need a Hero” in sight yet

Jondolio

Smash Hero
G'morning m'ga-
Take notes Star Wars sequel trilogy! That's how you do a space opera!
Okay, no.

As this thread's self-proclaimed resident Star Wars guy I feel the best thing about Dune is its world. But the characters, tone and ****ing everything else takes itself WAY too seriously and personally, I feel those elements are extremely dated and wouldn't work in the world of Star Wars that's basically the epitome of pulpy space fantasy.

One of my favorite things about Star Wars is that the characters feel like actual people and don't just have one mood the entire time. Dune's characters are angst incarnate and have no other emotions than that, and I think that's the opposite of good character writing.

The Star Wars sequel trilogy had numerous problems but making it more like Dune wouldn't have solved any of them

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sora means Sky in Japanese. Kairi means sea. Riku means land. Then we have Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. Nomura why?
Those three all mean Earth, Wind, and Water respectively so I’m not quite sure what you’re pointing out

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Incase discussing the crows from dumbo was deemed too hot a topic by the mods.
Worst has been posted here. We are adults. We should be able to handle talking about race without spoilering it. And if you arent an adult, well you gonna ****ing learn today

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Worst has been posted here. We are adults. We should be able to handle talking about race without spoilering it. And if you arent an adult, well you gonna ****ing learn today
We're not adults, we're gamers, so race is actually political. And no politics in Smashboards.com.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
We're not adults, we're gamers, so race is actually political. And no politics in Smashboards.com.
Obviously political is whenever anyone could possibly disagree with something. And whenever anyone could disagree about something we should stop talking about it altogether.

Wait, you disagree with my bad opinions? It’s free speech, so nobody can ever criticize me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Obviously political is whenever anyone could possibly disagree with something. And whenever anyone could disagree about something we should stop talking about it altogether.

Wait, you disagree with my bad opinions? It’s free speech, so nobody can ever criticize me.
Remember kids: Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you get to bother the poor souls who just want to say some slurs online.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember kids: Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you get to bother the poor souls who just want to say some slurs online.
Tbh, they should say racial slurs. Seeing a racial minority or an LGBT member just reminds me of how much this world has fallen into such terrible politics, so it's time we whites fight back and take back what's rightfully ours.

No more politics.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Tbh, they should say racial slurs. Seeing a racial minority or an LGBT member just reminds me of how much this world has fallen into such terrible politics, so it's time we whites fight back and take back what's rightfully ours.

No more politics.
Inb4 users see this and dont understand your humor

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here ya go kid.

Don't spend it all in one place now
I haven't seen Gravity Falls, but stuff like this has me tempted to watch it; this reminds me a lot of Homestar Runner. (I know the people behind Homestar were involved in some kind of animated show, but I'm not sure if it was Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, or something else)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Four day til the spooky day of Halloween.

Depending if my friends aren't work and truly finding out no dogs die, I might see Antlers on that day which is fitting being a horror film. Depending maybe Tuesday which would be good to take advantage of being cheap night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom