• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So they added April to the new Turtles game. That was speculated.

I hope they add more characters. Casey and Usagi would be my number 1 hopes. Though Casey wasn't in much of the 87 series because parents didn't like the fact he used sports equipment as weapons and Usagi is owned by someone else

My absolute dream choice would be Mondo Gecko because that was my favorite toy back in the day
April and Splinter were the only ones teased to be playable in the trailer (at least ignoring possibly bosses as fighters), but Usagi would be cool (with the usual permission ask of course)
Another day
with no DK
I feel dismay
Please swing my way
watch the DK anime

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Imagine living in the place that has no legally defined or united definition as to what it is. And has no single true flag.

..............there is no legally defined term to describe what Northern Ireland 'is'." So because of where I am I get to choose my own identity in a unique way.

This statement was made by your favourite Northern Irishman.

Also and just showed this to Wade but I wonder if any of you guys could recognise what was filmed here:

Hedge.jpg

It was a big show in the pre-pandemic world.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Imagine living in the place that has no legally defined or united definition as to what it is. And has no single true flag.

..............there is no legally defined term to describe what Northern Ireland 'is'." So because of where I am I get to choose my own identity in a unique way.

This statement was made by your favourite Northern Irishman.

Also and just showed this to Wade but I wonder if any of you guys could recognise what was filmed here:

View attachment 327778

It was a big show in the pre-pandemic world.
You're my favorite Irishman.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway, some datamining in the newcomer thread shows something interesting.

Despite what the main site would have you believe due to their numbering, it seems like the FP2 characters were worked on out of order.

It goes:

Min Min
Steve
Kazuya
Pythra
Sephiroth

Meaning that Kazuya and Pythra began development before Sephiroth.

I almost wonder if this means that CP11 will have a more "Simple" moveset, as opposed to someone like Steve or Kazuya.
Alternatively, the last fighter could end up in a different spot on the site, indicating a longer development cycle. Just really depends on who it is.

Shroob

Sup?
Alternatively, the last fighter could end up in a different spot on the site, indicating a longer development cycle. Just really depends on who it is.
Not sure what you mean there.

These are the internal development numbers, which more or less dictate when a character started development. CP11's development will have started whenever they finished Sephiroth more or less.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

These are the internal development numbers, which more or less dictate when a character started development. CP11's development will have started whenever they finished Sephiroth more or less.
Which implies they've been in development since December, really strengthening the idea next month is it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

So dont go expecting anything too wacky, like Phoenix. Got it.

Shroob

Sup?
Which implies they've been in development since December, really strengthening the idea next month is it.
Assuming they went right to work, yeah.

Hell, could have been earlier.

Pythra came out Feb that following year, and I'd guarantee that Sephiroth was done some time before his official reveal. CP11 probably started development in late 2020.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

Since you're a fellow Irish. Have ya ever heard of the dobhar-chu aka water hound? Said to be a fearsome large otter-like creature that inhabits the lakes of Ireland.

Another Irish creature alongside the banshee, dullahan (The original headless horsemen before Sleepy Hollow was even a thing), and of course the classic leprechaun.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
How would you feel if this was the roster:
Adventure Time
Finn
Jake
Marceline
Ice King

The Amazing World of Gumball
Gumball

Ben 10
Ben Tennyson
Gwen Tennyson
Young Ben Tennyson
Kevin Levin
Vilgax

Camp Lazlo
Lazlo

Chowder
Chowder & Kimchi
Schnitzel

Codename: Kids Next Door
Numbuh One
Father
Toiletnator

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage

Cow and Chicken
Cow and Chicken
Red Guy

Dexter's Laboratory
Dexter
Mandark
Monkey

Ed, Edd and Eddy
Ed

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Mac & Bloo
Eduardo

Generator Rex
Rex

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Billy & Mandy
Grim
Hoss Delgado
Jeff the Spider

I Am Weasel
Weasel

Johnny Bravo
Johnny

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Flapjack
Captain K'nuckles

O.K. KO! Let’s Be Heroes!
KO

The Powerpuff Girls
Blossom, Bubbles & Buttercup (as a :ultpokemontrainer: team)
Mojo Jojo
Him
Princess

Regular Show
Rigby
Mordecai

Samurai Jack
Samurai Jack
The Scotsman
Aku

Steven Universe
Steven
Pearl
Amethyst
Garnet

Sym-Bionic Titan
Ilana

Thundercats
Lion-O

We Bare Bears
Ice Bear

Whatever Happened to… Robot Jones?
Robot Jones
Points for incliding Schnitzel and Courage but I think I'd change up some of the representation.

For example, I think Gumball is big enough to at least have Darwin or Nicole. I would inclide more Ed Edd and Eddy characters as that show was CN's Spongebob that went on for a decade. On the contrary, as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think Fosters, and (much less painful here) Cow and Chicken, and should have a 2nd character before some shows that aren't quite listed here, and I'm not too keen on Princess nor Mandark. Don't get ke wrong, those series should get more reps, but imo I would prefer Dee Dee over Mandark and... idk for Princess.

On that note, I see that modern representation kinda falls a little flat. Maybe get some Craig of the Creek there? Some Clarence? Uncle Grandpa? I do like you going way back to pull some classic CN characters, but some of them I would be fine sacrificing like Jeff the Spider and Red Guy.

My thoughts on this roster. Not bad, but I'd be a little confused on the direction.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

Since you're a fellow Irish. Have ya ever heard of the dobhar-chu aka water hound? Said to be a fearsome large otter-like creature that inhabits the lakes of Ireland.

Another Irish creature alongside the banshee, dullahan (The original headless horsemen before Sleepy Hollow was even a thing), and of course the classic leprechaun.
Dullahan.

That's what I named my bike cause I'm Irish and probably gonna break my head on it.

I know the others.

View attachment 327780

The Heist has begun! And already there’s trouble.

View attachment 327781

If Noi’s unrealistic plan won’t work…what will? Find out next time!
Oh my god!

Incredible.

Do I......cameo at somepoint?

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

Divine Grace Maryse

Class of 1979
Premium

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dullahan.

That's what I named my bike cause I'm Irish and probably gonna break my head on it.

I know the others.
In a way the dobhar-chu could have been real but not the way you may think. Chances are legends and myths regarding it likely stemmed from unusually large specimens of otters and despite their cute, cuddly appearances are, otters can be very nasty critters having rather sadistic tendencies like chimps and dolphins.

If the dobhar-chu was a real animal, I'd envision it simply being another species of otter rivaling the size of that with the giant otter of South America and sea otter as amongst the largest otters alive today. I just love speculative evolution regarding cryptids.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Your listing doesn’t mention CP11’s placement.

Also is that list the same as it was before Kazayu.

because if it isn’t, that means we can see CP11 slotted anywhere because they aren’t in the data yet, like how Kazayu wouldn’t have been before his addition to the site.

Which would mean any type of moveset is game.

Regardless the final Character still probably won’t be anything crazy as that’s how the final usually goes.

Shroob

Sup?
Your listing doesn’t mention CP11’s placement.

Also is that list the same as it was before Kazayu.

because if it isn’t, that means we can see CP11 slotted anywhere because they aren’t in the data yet, like how Kazayu wouldn’t have been before his addition to the site.

Which would mean any type of moveset is game.

Regardless the final Character still probably won’t be anything crazy as that’s how the final usually goes.
We don't know CP11's placement.

What we do know is that internally, it goes from Byleth, to Min Min, and then the list goes as written in numerical order, meaning that, logically speaking, CP11 would come after Sephiroth in the list, unless, unless they decide to squeeze it in randomly between characters and change all the numbers around for some reason.

Reactions: Z25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom