• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Going to see The Suicide Squad tonight on the big screen! **** YEAH!!!!

Already one of the best movies this year IMO alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Nobody, and The Mitchells vs. The Machines.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
IMO, GCN and early Wii era Mario is dead and not coming back. Super Paper Mario, for whatever reason, just left scars on Nintendo execs that will just never heal. You're not gonna see Mario spin-offs have the same level of wacky and weird again.

Obviously, there's nothing wrong with still sharing criticism and asking for things to be better, but like, Nintendo's made it pretty clear that Mario shifted creative directions hard after NSMB Wii and they ain't going back. I personally really hate where Mario spin-offs and 2D Mario are creatively right now, but even then, it really isn't worth getting into a frenzy about every time Nintendo does any little thing with Mario recently.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IMO, GCN and early Wii era Mario is dead and not coming back. Super Paper Mario, for whatever reason, just left scars on Nintendo execs that will just never heal. You're not gonna see Mario spin-offs have the same level of wacky and weird again.

Obviously, there's nothing wrong with still sharing criticism and asking for things to be better, but like, Nintendo's made it pretty clear that Mario shifted creative directions hard after NSMB Wii and they ain't going back. I personally really hate where Mario spin-offs and 2D Mario are creatively right now, but even then, it really isn't worth getting into a frenzy about every time Nintendo does any little thing with Mario recently.
I don’t get why people see the need to ask people to not be upset if they are. Like, to quote Lockstin “someone else being angry in your vicinity can only hurt you so much”. Like… just let people say and do what they want. If it works then these things might actually change. And if they don’t then what happens? You get mildly annoyed. It’s fine.

D

Deleted member

Are there any indie kart racers out there? That feels like a genre that people would have taken a stab at but I don’t know any off the top of my head.
There's Super Indie Karts, but I think that's about it. And really, all I know about this game is that it exists, nothing else, so I can't tell you anything about it.

If you mean just indie kart racers without necessarily having indie characters, well, the above still applies as a kart racer. I'm sure there are more, though I wouldn't know about any off the top of my head. I guess there's still the Sonic Robo Blast 2 kart mod as well, which is said to be pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don’t get why people see the need to ask people to not be upset if they are. Like, to quote Lockstin “someone else being angry in your vicinity can only hurt you so much”. Like… just let people say and do what they want. If it works then these things might actually change. And if they don’t then what happens? You get mildly annoyed. It’s fine.
Again, not saying people can't be disappointed or be frustrated, I just don't see the need to be outright angry. Like, it's a video game, getting outraged to the point people do about them nowadays just doesn't seem healthy to me.

There's Super Indie Karts, but I think that's about it. And really, all I know about this game is that it exists, nothing else, so I can't tell you anything about it.

If you mean just indie kart racers without necessarily having indie characters, well, the above still applies as a kart racer. I'm sure there are more, though I wouldn't know about any off the top of my head. I guess there's still the Sonic Robo Blast 2 kart mod as well, which is said to be pretty good.
I can vouch for SRB2 Kart: It's probably the best non-Mario Kart racer out there ATM. Only real weakness right now is the lack of bots, but the next major update coming at some point is going to have them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can vouch for SRB2 Kart: It's probably the best non-Mario Kart racer out there ATM. Only real weakness right now is the lack of bots, but the next major update coming at some point is going to have them.
Sounds great, will definitely check it out once bot support is added. I've seen quite a few interesting mods for it already as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Right now I'm considering skipping collecting all items in Metroid: Zero Mission and just beat the game as is.
Yeah, might be better for your sanity & ending the game on a good note, rather than a bitter one.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I heard that it was Super Mario Strikers that was the final nail in the coffin.

Granted, Wario commiting suicide was probably a bit much.
Ah man nothing will ever compare to Mario Strikers/Mario Smash Football. Still to this day one of the best Mario Sports games ever. Few could ever beat it.

The World Ends With You could of came out at any other time but it decided to come out on the same day as Ace Attorney
Know the feeling that. Still both were released in a quiet period of time though so that hopefully benefited.

Have any of you walked to Burger King, then you walk back home from Burger King.
Ha! I live near Burger King for I have done many a time!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm about to get racist

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
You know what would be really fun and exciting? If I had to walk in an area in Final Fantasy with enemies that can instantly paralyze my characters and there's nothing I can do. :4pacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom