• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Gravity Falls really dedicated multiple episodes to killing every single GF ship out there.

Well, all except for one.
See I wouldn’t care if Gravity Falls was a show without ships. That’s perfectly fine.

But they can’t just give me an episode which sets up a ship perfectly (the Dipper/Pacifica episode) and expect me not to get attached.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Captain Marvel wasn't good.
It wasn't bad either.
It was just meh.
Nahhh, the only two that are really meh are Incredible Hulk and Thor The Dark World. Even those are passable. People were just pissy at Cap Marv because Feige said she was the strongest character in the MCU and that didn’t sit well with people for whatever reason. That’s the main reason for its reputation on the internet or more accurately… Twitter. The land of geniuses.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
See I wouldn’t care if Gravity Falls was a show without ships. That’s perfectly fine.

But they can’t just give me an episode which sets up a ship perfectly (the Dipper/Pacifica episode) and expect me not to get attached.
It wasn't a show for ships anyways, but c'mon give Dipper his happy ending with Pacifica. It's not like they didn't kill it considering Dipper legit felt some kind of way according to the books.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think the only new DC character I had that wasn’t previously in Injustice was Plastic Man.

I think that's a good number of characters. You can get most "must-have" characters from DC but also have to get a little creative on the Bandai Namco side.
I shouldn’t have too much trouble with Namco

D

Deleted member

Nice! I really need to order a secret rare Bahamut Shark to max out my Fluffal deck.
One of the best things about building decks that are just-oh-so-close to being meta is that you can feel like you’re playing a meta deck without having to worry that Konami will randomly murder it and destroy your investment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It wasn't a show for ships anyways, but c'mon give Dipper his happy ending with Pacifica. It's not like they didn't kill it considering Dipper legit felt some kind of way according to the books.
This. Dipper/Pacifica had a perfecct set-up in Northwest Mansion Mystery. Still the best ship in that show.

I agree that it wasn't about shipping, though. Star vs. should've taken notes on that, in the hindsight

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This. Dipper/Pacifica had a perfecct set-up in Northwest Mansion Mystery. Still the best ship in that show.

I agree that it wasn't about shipping, though. Star vs. should've taken notes on that, in the hindsight
Tbh, it was obvious Star Vs was going that route since the Mewburty episode.

However, if they were going that route, it should be alien girl likes alien guy and has to save him from the dangers of everyone trying to kill them. In turn, he falls in love with her because of her bravery. An old yet gold relationship.

But love triangles took over the show

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh, it was obvious Star Vs was going that route since the Mewburty episode.

However, if they were going that route, it should be alien girl likes alien guy and has to save him from the dangers of everyone trying to kill them. In turn, he falls in love with her because of her bravery. An old yet gold relationship.

But love triangles took over the show
I didn't mind the love triangles at first. Some teenagers have difficulty understandings and developing romantic relationships.

But season 4 dragged the love triangles out, overcomplicated them, didn't give any of the ships proper closure, and made Star out to be a truly terrible girlfriend.

Besides that, Tomstar just...didn't have any chemistry. Like, at all. Tom became a great character, Star was still great outside of her rekindled relationship with him. But as a couple, they weren't even remotely believable. I at least believed Marco/Kelly as a couple when they started to become a thing, even if it was the most unnecessary official ship in the entire show.

So what does all that say about the show's handling of shipping? In short, I think they made it overstay it's welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom