• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is probably the most important scene to ever come out of the MCU
There was a problem fetching the tweet
man I wish America could learn from this one moment

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
why do i keep getting ID'd for buying wine? i mean, i look 16 at best but c'mon. what 16 year old comes to a party and is like "yo pass the beer funnel i'm gonna down this penfolds grange hermitage"
...There's quite a lot of underage drinking, etc. that exists. Besides, it's being reasonably cautious and they're required by law to do so. If you look under the required age, you have to be ID'd. It sucks, but I'd rather pull out a card than watch people lose their jobs over something so simple. It takes only a few seconds anyway.

I don't drink myself(and I look a lot younger, though still in my 20's, despite being nearly 40), but I get where they're coming from. I work at a Burger King and there's a lot of procedures. I follow them because it's simply the rules and prevents as many issues as possible. Imagine if they stop ID'ing people who are actually underage. It could get a lot worse. Sometimes we're just a bit unlucky.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think it’s hilarious. I mean to be fair, is it very appropriate? No not really but at an age that young parents usually dress the kids up to show what the parents like. As weird as it seems, up to a certain age, babies can be considered accessories haha.

The whole thing is weird but I guess it just kinda affirms how insanely big Assassins Creed has gotten that they’re making baby clothes and books based on it.

Now we just need that AC1 remake
o-o Yeah, I guess that's the case...kinda...though from what I have been seeing when it came to the most hardcore fans...they get angry just because Ubisoft Latin America put some audio that was played when plenty of characters were performing a Leap of Faith that just said....Weeeee....it was some silly thing, and yet they got pissed because they tainted something they had so much respect for (now I understand that probably they hate Shay more by the fact of him saying in-game "WEEEEEE!" when doing a Leap of Faith more than for him being a Templar...xD)......So, I have no idea where this kiddie crossover going to go, if far even.

Also, from what I just found about these books thanks to a friend passing me the wikipedia link:

"Each book in the original Mr. Men and Little Miss series introduced a different title character and his/her single dominant personality trait to convey a simple moral lesson."

....I think it would sound hilarious and right for him yet wrong for the age demographic if Ezio was called "Mr.Casanova"...Now I cannot unsee that.

EDIT: Also...yeah, shouldn't they be doing that instead of...toddler books? . - .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got payed today for the hours I spent doing training for my job, so that's pretty cool.

Just a week and half-ish left before I start my first day. pretty excited ngl.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Friday the week after will also be Wrath of Man starring Jason Statham or depending if my dad works on that weekend it'll be Saturday or Sunday then.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Wednesday: The Road to El Dorado
Oh my, it has been AGES since I saw Road To El Dorado...xD I was a little kid when I did, and I even remember just liking the horse and the adorable armadillo more than the humans... :3 While I think The Prince of Egypt is Old Dreamwork's very best...I think Road To El Dorado was good.

XD Also, I randomly came across this yesterday and I thought about you! I'm not gonna lie, I repeated it a few times just because it got me every time!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh my, it has been AGES since I saw Road To El Dorado...xD I was a little kid when I did, and I even remember just liking the horse and the adorable armadillo more than the humans... :3 While I think The Prince of Egypt is Old Dreamwork's very best...I think Road To El Dorado was good.
Yeah its an underrated animated classic. ^_^

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I keep seeing this add all over and I constantly get confused/hopeful for like a split second before remembering it’s just simple hockey guy.

But it did get me thinking. What do you think the smash roster would order at McDonald’s?

D

Deleted member

Hello, it’s been awhile. How’s everyone been?

Also the new Pokémon anime trailer looks grewt. We get Ash’s Infernape back and his otherPokémon. Plus Gary, and Iris has her Champion look which is orettt cool:
It's so jarring listening to the JP voices and names, having grown up on the dub lol.

Really need to get around to watching Pokemon in sub like the elitist I am

Reactions: Z25

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Also the new Pokémon anime trailer looks grewt. We get Ash’s Infernape back and his otherPokémon. Plus Gary, and Iris has her Champion look which is orettt cool:
It's looking really cool. I'm glad we're finally getting so many of Ash's Pokemon back, it was my main hope for this series.
Urshifu just ****ing shattered Regice.

Regice is ****ing dead.
This is so sad, can we get an F in the chat for Regice?

D

Deleted member

...There's quite a lot of underage drinking, etc. that exists. Besides, it's being reasonably cautious and they're required by law to do so. If you look under the required age, you have to be ID'd. It sucks, but I'd rather pull out a card than watch people lose their jobs over something so simple. It takes only a few seconds anyway.

I don't drink myself(and I look a lot younger, though still in my 20's, despite being nearly 40), but I get where they're coming from. I work at a Burger King and there's a lot of procedures. I follow them because it's simply the rules and prevents as many issues as possible. Imagine if they stop ID'ing people who are actually underage. It could get a lot worse. Sometimes we're just a bit unlucky.
i thought that being a joke was blatantly obvious even to me, but i guess not

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Woke up feeling alright but now I've went out and my mind ain't the best. Also hurray! Non-essential retail and hairdressers is finally open after nearly five ****ing months. Oh wait, I'll have to wait another month for the backlog.

I need my hair cut man but I don't want to shave it cause I look creepy with short hair.

why do i keep getting ID'd for buying wine? i mean, i look 16 at best but c'mon. what 16 year old comes to a party and is like "yo pass the beer funnel i'm gonna down this penfolds grange hermitage"
Dude I'm 24 and still get ID'd for energy drinks. It ain't so bad....

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got my arcade stick, very nice. Weird that for Xbox One it also needs to connect to a first party controller to use it but not for Switch and PC.

Also, plan to watch Mortal Kombat today.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Good news: I found my old therapist from my university job again, her new company takes Zoom/telehealth meetings and after insurance the copay is only $20

bad news: I’ll have to explain it to mom sooner or later. She will see that fee and I’ll explain it to her but I really heckin hope she has a sense of privacy and never walks in during a meeting... granted our relationship has been improving ever since dad’s death, but she’s been the type to doubt therapists after a series of bad experiences and wants to “pray the depression/anxiety away” no I need someone to talk to to solve the causes head on and I don’t want her hearing the full reasons. It’s private y’know?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good news: I found my old therapist from my university job again, her new company takes Zoom/telehealth meetings and after insurance the copay is only $20

bad news: I’ll have to explain it to mom sooner or later. She will see that fee and I’ll explain it to her but I really heckin hope she has a sense of privacy and never walks in during a meeting... granted our relationship has been improving ever since dad’s death, but she’s been the type to doubt therapists after a series of bad experiences and wants to “pray the depression/anxiety away” no I need someone to talk to to solve the causes head on and I don’t want her hearing the full reasons. It’s private y’know?
I really hope things go well and get better for you Rie. Remember, you have friends here that supports you.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
****, that dogs next door's barking is triggering my anxiety the past 10 minutes when I want to lie down man. Felt like my dog was the only one on my home street that actually had any discipline when it comes to barking.

Whatever. I'll just continue my conquest of Europe in Civ VI instead for a bit. Trying to do it as Rome this time.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Its nice that Infernape is going to get some shine although I really wished Ash's Gengar can get a bit more spotlight.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just finished watching the new Mortal Kombat film...

Wow...What a disappointment that was. It just felt so bland, lifeless and didn't have the energy as the games did. The serious tone did not mesh well with it. What made Mortal Kombat great was its goofy tone that the 1995 film and even Scorpion's Revenge had.

The fact an animated film was better then this and couldn't live up to that is sad...

I gave no **** about this Cole Young guy, why was he even created
When Johnny Cage easily could have filled the role instead minus the whole descendant of Hanzo Harashi/Scorpion. Guess what the most we get out of Johnny Cage is him being teased at the end.

For the majority of the film, Scorpion isn't even in until near the end where he fights Sub-Zero with Cole Young. For being the face and mascot of the series, you'd think he would have a more major role. He may have been some random mook in the 1995 film but even in that his role was bigger.

Also why suddenly make Shang Tsung emperor and not Shao Kahn?

Felt nothing out of any of the characters in this film either. The characters in the 1995 film and Scorpion's Revenge actually had character, had personality.

I'll be sticking to the 1995 film and Scorpion's Revenge. I look forward more to a potential sequel to the latter than I will of this generic bland fest.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I gave no **** about this Cole Young guy, why was he even created
From what I've read, it was a studio-mandated decision. So kind of like Venom being included in Spider-Man 3 despite Sam Raimi's distaste for (or lack of interest in) the character. (though another interview has the writer saying that he serves as an audience surrogate, though I feel like they could have explained anything that they needed to without including an original character)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This really would have also worked better as an HBOMax TV series tbh minus Cole Young being involved.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna get around to eventually rewatching Godzilla vs. Kong again to help cleanse off the disappointment I had with Mortal Kombat (2021).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom