• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Mario’s never had much personality, but occasionally he’ll get a glimpse of one. And it’s hilarious.

In smash he’s a stone cold killer. In the first Mario rpg he’s quick to fly into a violent rage, no questions asked. In Luigi’s Mansion 3 he’s jumping all over the place like a cracked out demon.

Apparently Mario is a man with a kind heart and some ****in issues.
The text-to-speech universe Mario is the canon Mario and no one can convince me otherwise:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I guess I won’t be watching this movie after all.
Judge it on your opinion. If you're still interested in seeing it by all means. You shouldn't judge it on what others think. Plenty of things you and many others may disagree with me about and that's what makes the world a very interesting place.

Me telling WarioBros. not to go watch it was nothing more but a joke.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Zelda has taught me anything, it's that if you give someone who has a slight "fascination" with specific animals the benefit of the doubt, chances are they'll prove you wrong

Um, he was replying to what I previously said, which included the word "furry". Let's not go further into this, shall we?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My rankings for films of 2021 so far.

Best (10):
Nobody
Godzilla vs. Kong

Good (7-9):
Willy's Wonderland
Raya and the Last Dragon
Boss Level

Okay (4-6):
Finding 'Ohana
Coming 2 America

Meh (1-3):
Tom & Jerry
Mortal Kombat

Bad (0):
Shadow in the Cloud

Want to see:
Wrath of Man
Those Who Wish Me Dead
Army of the Dead
A Quiet Place Part II

Samaritan
The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
Luca
F9
The Tomorrow War
Black Widow
The Green Knight
The Suicide Squad
Free Guy
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
The Last Duel
Antlers
Eternals
Top Gun: Maverick
Encanto
Spider-Man: No Way Home

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Mario’s never had much personality, but occasionally he’ll get a glimpse of one. And it’s hilarious.

In smash he’s a stone cold killer. In the first Mario rpg he’s quick to fly into a violent rage, no questions asked. In Luigi’s Mansion 3 he’s jumping all over the place like a cracked out demon.

Apparently Mario is a man with a kind heart and some ****in issues.
Mario needs to take after his Adventures comic iteration more often.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I ignored the warnings and watched that Mortal Kombat movie anyway. I wasn't entertained. Tries way too hard to be serious in writing and acting. Fights were kinda cheesy at points. Kano was fun at least.

I've seen much worse though.

Watch this instead:

Next I'll get around to Scorpion's Revenge.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Could a MK nooblet such as myself find enjoyment out of the new movie if I just want cool fight scenes?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So, I managed to watched the final episode of the Falcon & the Winter Soldier as well as the Mortal Kombat film.

Falcon & the Winter Soldier Episode 6:

Wow, what a way to conclude the episode which had a lot of epic action and heartwarming moments. Overall, I'd say its a very good journey for a lot of the characters which had shown great depth, growth and development throughout each episode. There were moments which are very impactful such as Sam speaking to the senators as well as him giving Isaiah Bradley the recognition he finally deserved for his achievements that were never recognised until now.

I will say that there are going to be a lot of questions to what will happen next. For example we see, John Walker now being given a new suit and identity as the US Agent by De Fontaine which gives me the impression that she could be forming a team perhaps as the "Thunderbolts."

Sharon's motive is also very interesting in which during the conversation between her and Karli in which she (Karli) said "Because you wanted to control a world that hurt you." and "I'm not interested in power or an empire", in addition to the post credit scenes where she seemed to be plotting her next move since she failed to obtain the super soldier serum. This makes me think that the Sharon we see, is not Sharon at all. Its possible that perhaps it could be a skrull disguising as her which could act as a set up for another upcoming Disney+ show, the Secret Invasion.

I'm eager to see what the future holds for Sam, Bucky, Walker and especially "Sharon" within the MCU. Hopefully Torres will show up donning the new "Falcon" suit.

Do you ever get a moment when you try to say something nice despite a disappointing outcome? That's pretty much how I felt after watching the Mortal Kombat reboot directed by Simon McQuoid, making his first film directing debut. Before anyone says that I am not a Mortal Kombat fan like several audience reviewers would say, I have been following the Mortal Kombat games for quite a while ever since Mortal Kombat 4/Gold on the Nintendo 64.
  • I'm really struggling to find anything good to say about the film other than the first 13 minutes involving Hanzo Hasashi and Bi-Han's past.
  • The pacing was very uneven which felt like it was either too fast and slow which makes it rather hard to follow what is going on within the paper-thin plot.
  • Despite a very potential cast in which I was eager to see how the likes of Lewis Tan and Ludi Lin (funny enough that the two were candidates for Marvel's Shang Chi before Simu Liu was given the role), but sadly they were not able to bring their acting to their best which left their entire characters rather stale, uninteresting and lacking charisma or personality (which also applied to the rest of the cast maybe with the exception of Josh Lawson?)
  • Therefore I felt the entire cast and characters were kind of wasted and some had little screen time, back story or action such as Tadanobu Asano's Raiden, Chin Han's Shang Tsung, Goro, Kabal, Reiko and poor Nitara which gave me a reminescene of Suicide Squad's Slipknot for some odd reason.
  • The fight choreography wasn't quite as tight as I had hoped despite the gory fatalities and there are very questionable and poor editing within the film's fight scenes.
Overall, Simon McQuoid's Mortal Kombat failed to pack a punch to give this reboot a "flawless victory", but more like a "flawless dud."

My Rating: 4/10

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Me, not a Monster Hunter fan

"Eh, I tried a few games, really didn't like 'em. Couldn't get a feel for it."

Monster Hunter

"Ara ara~"

"....Okay fine, maybe I'll give it another try."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom