• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure they'll be used at some point, but considering that Super Saiyan 3 drains a ton of energy, and Super Saiyan Blue also drains a ton of energy (maybe not as much as Super Saiyan 3, but enough that it was plot relevant in an earlier arc in Super), combining the two would likely create a transformation that's incredibly powerful but can only be used for a second before the user is completely exhausted/drained.
You know what I want? A full animated officially licensed Goku vs. Superman story where the hour long fight causes Goku to unlock like five new super forms and he still looses before the two are forced to team up against something and do the fusion dance.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So..... in keeping with the theme of today, what Dragon Ball games did y'all grow up with?

My favorite classic games were DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and Bukokai 3.
I can’t remember the game specifically, but my best friend had a DBZ game for his PS2. Arale was a playable character, and something about her made me crack up when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
DBZ Budokai 3 was my jam, me and my brother would play it for hours. I'm glad my profile pic is freaking SSJ2 Gohan! He's my favorite character in DBZ.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Jumping onto here after working on my story and my brain has just stopped processing.

It's the colours. It has to be the colours that do this.

Still I might actually have a look at Fighter Z.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yesterday i saw a heated discussion on a Dragon ball facebook group im in where they were arguing whether or not Ben 10 could beat Goku.

Only Ultimate ALien era Ben could defeat Goku as the Ultimatrix could allow Ben to reach the peak level of strength of any alien race he scanned, ergo he could surpass Goku in power.

So..... in keeping with the theme of today, what Dragon Ball games did y'all grow up with?

My favorite classic games were DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and Bukokai 3.

And my favorite modern game was DB Xenoverse 2.

Your not a true legend if you didnt grow up with this:
ADragonball.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh that's Muzan aka Japanese Demon Michael Jackson.
Alright. And I know a little about the show, and I'm pretty sure Tanjro and Nezuko are the main brother and sister protagonists. Could they work as a team character or should they be on their own (this determines if I have to kick out two characters from other shows or three)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Alright. And I know a little about the show, and I'm pretty sure Tanjro and Nezuko are the main brother and sister protagonists. Could they work as a team character or should they be on their own (this determines if I have to kick out two characters from other shows or three)
Nah both can fight pretty well on thier own.

Plus Demon Slayer is getting a fighting game as well so you can look at that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OK. Maybe it's just me.... but like, from what I've understood of DragonBall, Super Saiyan God became his new base form and using his normal super saiyan abilities combined with it created Super Saiyan Blue (or Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan). But Goku had multiple levels of Super Saiyan form before that... so like... where's Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 and 3 (I know 4 is non cannon now, but heck, that would be cool to see too).
The actual reason they don't go further than that is because using Super Saiyan Blue uses a lot of energy/ki/chi. It's why Super Saiyan 3 wasn't that useful in the end, because its energy output was far beyond Goku's stamina to maintain that form. He can't transform into a SSB2 or 3 because it wouldn't even last long enough to make a difference. There's this big strategy that was used in the Goku Black arc where they only used SSB just as they attack, because staying in the form for long was too taxing for them.

And now we have Ultra Instinct, which is kind of a new base for Goku to use now. Super Saiyan Blue is probably not going to be used anymore by him.

gouk.png

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The actual reason they don't go further than that is because using Super Saiyan Blue uses a lot of energy/ki/chi. It's why Super Saiyan 3 wasn't that useful in the end, because its energy output was far beyond Goku's stamina to maintain that form.

And now we have Ultra Instinct, which is kind of a new base for Goku to use now. Super Saiyan Blue is probably not going to be used anymore by him.

View attachment 309590
Well that sucks. The Super Saiyan number forms are fun!

God, if we ever get an official Goku x Superman piece of media, Goku and Superman NEED to do the fusion dance.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well that sucks. The Super Saiyan number forms are fun!
I'm pretty sure we're going to get Ultra Super Saiyan Instinct or some bull**** like that in about a year or whenever Goku fights the big bad of the current arc.

1617317518294.png

look at this dood lmao

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure we're going to get Ultra Super Saiyan Instinct or some bull**** like that in about a year or whenever Goku fights the big bad of the current arc.

View attachment 309591

look at this dood lmao
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2
Super Sayian God Super Saiyan 3
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4

Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan 1-4

then finally Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom