• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On a less meme-y side, I just don't see the appeal in Geno. He's a one-off character in a game where he wasn't even the main character. That makes him equal to any other partner Mario ever had in an RPG, and at least those didn't take ~10 years to come to the EU.

But even just looking at SMRPG and not comparing it to other Mario RPGs, Geno's just... boring. Hell, even Mallow was a more interesting character with actual growth to him, Geno was just there. Mallow left much more of an impression to me than Geno, yet he's next to never mentioned for some reason.

I mean, I don't hate Geno, I just don't see the appeal in him. Like, if we're going down that route, I'd rather see Goombella or Goombario. Or maybe Parakarry.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's because Sakurai said he wanted him at one point.
I figured it had something to do with it, but the growth in his support base still seems surprising for just that alone.

The mentioning of Tezcatlipoca by KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms regarding my Lost Tapes episode idea of Werejaguar an idea for a killer werejaguar flick.

A group of friends on vacation in Mexico books an exclusive private tour regarding ancient Aztec/Mayan pyramids which their tour guide will bring them, what they thought would be a fun experience turns into horror when their tour guide shows his true intentions.

The idea would be that this tour guide along with many others in Mexico are werejaguars, vessels of Tezcatlipoca who has offered them long life under the condition of continuing to bring him human sacrifices so he could continue existing as since the worship of him and the other Aztec/Mayan gods had died out, he has grown weak being the last one of them all as lack of worship regarding the others made them cease to exist, he managed to continue to live on to the present day due to this granted in a weakened state, his goal being once getting enough human sacrifices he can finally be back in his prime and rule the world on his own now that the other gods are dead.
I don't remember mentioning that, but the idea still sounds interesting.

Found Footage Horror has become one of my favorite takes on the genre lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I used to be a pretty big geno supporter, now I really couldn't care less, if anything he's amongst my least wanteds now.

Probably my biggest opinion shift regarding a Smash cannidate

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I figured it had something to do with it, but the growth in his support base still seems surprising for just that alone.

I don't remember mentioning that, but the idea still sounds interesting.

Found Footage Horror has become one of my favorite takes on the genre lol.
Whoops, I apparently confused you for some reason for AndreaAC AndreaAC

Apologies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I used to be a pretty big geno supporter, now he's one of my least wanteds period.

Probably my biggest opinion shift regarding a Smash cannidate
I think the Geno thread's attitude back when Hero was revealed really soured my opinion on the character's inclusion. Never before have I seen a crowd act so entitled and so out of touch with reality that they'd call one of the kings of the JRPG genre a "waste of a slot" compared to Geno.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like Geno, I think he’s cool both in his design and character as a whole. I’d really like to see him get in.

Now that Steve is in, though, tbh I’m pretty much satisfied. Geno is closer to icing on the cake for me now, though it would be kinda disappointing if he doesn’t get in.

I think his fanbase gets generalized too much, including the thread for him on this site. Yeah there’s some, uh, “angery” dudes, but most of ‘em seem cool.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The mentioning of Tezcatlipoca by AndreaAC AndreaAC regarding my Lost Tapes episode idea of Werejaguar an idea for a killer werejaguar flick.

A group of friends on vacation in Mexico books an exclusive private tour regarding ancient Aztec/Mayan pyramids which their tour guide will bring them, what they thought would be a fun experience turns into horror when their tour guide shows his true intentions.

The idea would be that this tour guide along with many others in Mexico are werejaguars, vessels of Tezcatlipoca who has offered them long life under the condition of continuing to bring him human sacrifices so he could continue existing as since the worship of him and the other Aztec/Mayan gods had died out, he has grown weak being the last one of them all as lack of worship regarding the others made them cease to exist, he managed to continue to live on to the present day due to this granted in a weakened state, his goal being once getting enough human sacrifices he can finally be back in his prime and rule the world on his own now that the other gods are dead.
o u o Wow, that sounds awesome, really fitting for him to do such thing since he's all darkness and stuff, and yeah, when the rest aren't there, specially Quetzalcoatl, he can wreck havoc, that is why he framed him in the first place to get him to get him into exile since he didn't agree with any of his horrendous ideas, while he was giving knowledge to human kind. (that is what I remember).
Whoops, I apparently confused you for some reason for AndreaAC AndreaAC

Apologies.
xD At first I was like "What happened?"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It should be a rule of thumb to avoid the speculation threads.

I'm a big Isaac supporter. I stay the hell away from the Isaac thread for a multitude of reasons, one of them being that people take **** way too damn far.
Tell me about it. A lot of fans seem to do that. I have not been in the Issac thread for so long, but after the Grinch leak, it makes sense why they would do that, and man, I say that's a waste of energy.

D

Deleted member

It should be a rule of thumb to avoid the speculation threads.

I'm a big Isaac supporter. I stay the hell away from the Isaac thread for a multitude of reasons, one of them being that people take **** way too damn far.
I occasionally pop in and check on it... but not for long. the smash community as a whole is a bit too... how should I put this? aggressive I guess, for my taste. Not most of ya'll here though. Just in general.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
o u o Wow, that sounds awesome, really fitting for him to do such thing since he's all darkness and stuff, and yeah, when the rest aren't there, specially Quetzalcoatl, he can wreck havoc, that is why he framed him in the first place to get him to get him into exile since he didn't agree with any of his horrendous ideas, while he was giving knowledge to human kind. (that is what I remember).

xD At first I was like "What happened?"
If I was a movie director, this is one I'd definitely do alongside a Gamera remake, killer saber-toothed cat flick (Adaption of Jeff Rovin's Fatalis if I could), a film where scientists discover wolf-like cetaceans (Or descendants of Ambulocetus) that were the source legend of the Akhlut seeking to save them, and a historical killer creature flick on the Beast of Partridge Creek. Man, I wish someone would just get on such a flick right now...I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Also, yeah again for some reason kept thinking it was KingofPhantoms and not you so I had to check back on my post to make sure since he had no clue what I was saying. Embarrass Probably has to do with how KingofPhantoms gives likes to most of my Lost Tapes ideas I share on this thread.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I occasionally pop in and check on it... but not for long. the smash community as a whole is a bit too... how should I put this? aggressive I guess, for my taste. Not most of ya'll here though. Just in general.
I get what you're saying, and you're right. A good chunk of the people on here are passive aggressive as all hell.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I get what you're saying, and you're right. A good chunk of the people on here are passive aggressive as all hell.
And it's all over getting a character they want in Smash, which is not only not the end of the world if they don't get in, but there aren't really any slots, either.

AndreaAC

If I was a movie director, this is one I'd definitely do alongside a Gamera remake, killer saber-toothed cat flick (Adaption of Jeff Rovin's Fatalis if I could), a film where scientists discover wolf-like cetaceans (Or descendants of Ambulocetus) that were the source legend of the Akhlut seeking to save them, and a historical killer creature flick on the Beast of Partridge Creek. Man, I wish someone would just get on such a flick right now...I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Also, yeah again for some reason kept thinking it was KingofPhantoms and not you so I had to check back on my post to make sure since he had no clue what I was saying. Embarrass Probably has to do with how KingofPhantoms gives likes to most of my Lost Tapes ideas I share on this thread.
xD Hey that sounds like it would be a fun watch! Even though I stopped watching movies long ago, since there hasn't been much that grab my attention, but you have a lot to go through in life, maybe in the end if you really wanted to, you could study cinematography! :D

XP It's ok, I totally get the confusion!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
xD Hey that sounds like it would be a fun watch! Even though I stopped watching movies long ago, since there hasn't been much that grab my attention, but you have a lot to go through in life, maybe in the end if you really wanted to, you could study cinematography! :D
Its certainly something I'll definitely keep in mind, for the time being I aim to become a writer, though I think I could be both as well.

Also thanks, I myself have quite the imagination hence probably my interest in writing stories or coming up with ideas.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sometimes I wish I could mostly worry about mundane things. Instead I'm worrying about getting a job, my future, and this ****ing pandemic.

I'd love to become a writer and/or animator but the world is a difficult place full of cruel people.

Maybe I sound like I'm rambling but I've genuinely taken a level in cynicism. Makes me think I shouldn't shoot so high.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And it's all over getting a character they want in Smash, which is not only not the end of the world if they don't get in, but there aren't really any slots, either.
Exactly. The Grinch Leak opened my eyes and made me promise to myself that I would never, EVER, get THAT attached to a bundle of pixels and programming ever in my life.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Exactly. The Grinch Leak opened my eyes and made me promise to myself that I would never, EVER, get THAT attached to a bundle of pixels and programming ever in my life.
I think most of us have learned that lesson. Those who haven't are, well, no offense when I say this: gullible.

AndreaAC

Sometimes I wish I could mostly worry about mundane things. Instead I'm worrying about getting a job, my future, and this ****ing pandemic.

I'd love to become a writer and/or animator but the world is a difficult place full of cruel people.

Maybe I sound like I'm rambling but I've genuinely taken a level in cynicism. Makes me think I shouldn't shoot so high.
We all get to that point, really. I did, specially the job and future part, long before the pandemic began. And I am taking basically baby steps, as much as I wish it was differently, but that's not how life works.

Why don't you keep practicing with personal works so you get better at what you want, at your own pace? That's really helpful. And you know, the advantage now is that there's many independent creators that can get their work out there thanks to the internet. It might take time, and be difficult, but not impossible.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We all get to that point, really. I did, specially the job and future part, long before the pandemic began. And I am taking basically baby steps, as much as I wish it was differently, but that's not how life works.

Why don't you keep practicing with personal works so you get better at what you want, at your own pace? That's really helpful. And you know, the advantage now is that there's many independent creators that can get their work out there thanks to the internet. It might take time, and be difficult, but not impossible.
It's always good to take baby steps. As they may say, small steps eventually lead to bigger things in one's life.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some of my friends and I do a weekly ultra-casual speedrun race. When we ran SMRPG I got stuck in the forest maze for like, an hour.

So I now hate Geno.
That made me laugh for some reason. Not laughing at you, though. So, you couldn't stay on Geno's trail, could you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom