• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Everyone awake? Ok.

Mario 2, 3, World, and New Super Mario Bros. are all top tier Mario games. However, they're the only 2D Mario games I'd consider above avarage nowadays.
I’d still say NSMBWii is above average and if that didn’t exist then NSMBU would be as well

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I keep praying for a Battle Network collection and a rerun of the NT Warrior anime just so I can relive part of my videogame childhood.
NT warrior is a series that desperately needs a redub.

Mainly because we only got halfway through originally.

Also I want Megamans actor to come reprise his role, because that voice is THE voice of megaman.exe in my mind.

D

Deleted member

Everyone awake? Ok.

Mario 2, 3, World, and New Super Mario Bros. are all top tier Mario games. However, they're the only 2D Mario games I'd consider above avarage nowadays.
Honestly I really wish they went back to trying new stuff. NEW Super Mario bros was a cool change of pace... but now it's less "NEW" and more "OLD" yknow? Odyssey for example went way out of the way to introduce all of these neat little gimmicks that work really well.. and then you have the 2d games which feel oddly Pokemon like, in the sense that every game since WII has been essentially the same thing: go to World 8, beat Bowser, rescue Peach. The end. The only thing that really changes is the how(and maybe a few powerups here and there) and not by much.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Honestly I really wish they went back to trying new stuff. NEW Super Mario bros was a cool change of pace... but now it's less "NEW" and more "OLD" yknow? Odyssey for example went way out of the way to introduce all of these neat little gimmicks that work really well.. and then you have the 2d games which feel oddly Pokemon like, in the sense that every game since WII has been essentially the same thing: go to World 8, beat Bowser, rescue Peach. The end. The only thing that really changes is the how(and maybe a few powerups here and there) and not by much.
The new super games did more harm than good to the brand imo.

It's because of those games that we don't have cool Mario spin offs anymore

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's less new now because it's only been new in 2006 lol.

D

Deleted member

Very off-topic but I'm very curious.

Has anyone seen this movie called Rango??? I remember that when It released back in the day my cousins went to watch It and deeply despised It, suggesting me to never see it as It was a waste of time.

Since then I have wondered how the internet finds this movie:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Has anyone seen this movie called Rango??? I remember that when It released back in the day my cousins went to watch It and deeply despised It, suggesting me to never see it as It was a waste of time.

I liked it a lot but I haven't seen it in years.

D

Deleted member

I feel like New Super Mario Bros Wii is when the generic 2D Mario (NOT SPIN-OFFS) started getting a little boring to me.

Mario Wii, NSMB2, Wii U, Deluxe, all just feel like they copied NSMB and clicked "CTRL+V" four times.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I love Rango.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I watched it in theaters, it’s been a while but I thought it was interesting and the CG holds up surprisingly well, I’d say give it a watch and judge for yourself

D

Deleted member

I've heard of it, never watched it. Looks pretty good.

It's less new now because it's only been new in 2006 lol.
2006? man I feel young. I was like 2 when New came out lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like New Super Mario Bros Wii is when the generic 2D Mario (NOT SPIN-OFFS) started getting a little boring to me.

Mario Wii, NSMB2, Wii U, Deluxe, all just feel like they copied NSMB and clicked "CTRL+V" four times.
NSMBU had some original ideas, but NSMB2 was literally the exact same ****ing game as NSMB Wii. The exact same soundtrack, exact same enemies, the bosses were literally the same execpt Bowser Jr. (Odd because his fights were always fun, no matter the game), they just slapped coins, Gold flower, and Super Leaf and called it a day.

And the coins collecting ****ing sucked as well. No reward aside from a ****ty congratulations message.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I have, though I remember basically nothing about it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh damn, that's right; I also remember tuning in to watch Mega Man NT Warrior quite often when it aired on 4Kids.

Had a lot of the toys growing up, too. Anyone else remember the "Soul" figures? lol
Dude I had a few of these growing up, I had Proto-soul, Roll-soul, I think I had Guts-soul, I know I had Heat-guts, and Magnetman.

I even had the annoying P.E.T toy because I thought it looked really cool.

I vividly remember playing with Roll-soul a lot specifically and using Bionicles as makeshift viruses.

I've always thought Roll soul looked the coolest and I don't know why.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Starting Mario Sunshine. It's such a slower pace than how quickly I was navigating through 64, like it's ridiculous. Not in a bad way, but holy **** getting 100-Coin Shines takes longer than me doing one in Mario 64 three times over, it's ****ing crazy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
OH MY GOSH THEY PUT YOSHI IN THE GAME. :mask:
Man, remember when Yoshi wasn't initially confirmed for 4 til like... a year later?

That was legit weird. Pretty sure he was the only one of the original 8 not already confirmed during the first showing of the game.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Man, remember when Yoshi wasn't initially confirmed for 4 til like... a year later?

That was legit weird. Pretty sure he was the only one of the original 8 not already confirmed during the first showing of the game.
Imagine if it was still "Everyone IS Here!" except they actually just cut Yoshi...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

4's reveals were weird. Like...Really weird. It took until a cameo from Pac-Man's trailer to know if Game & Watch was coming back, lol.

D

Deleted member

Wait what? That actually happened?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultmegaman: : “THIS ISN’T HAPPENING! THERE’S NO REASON FOR ME TO GO ON!! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRRRRRRRR???”
MM stealing memes for himself
only thing I want new from Mario plot wise is for Peach to marry and **** Mario for once...like Peach...it's been 30+ years and all you can do is kiss his nose and give him cake...and save him once...and almost kill Luigi
I will say I do think 3D Land and World are better successors to the original 2D Mario games than the NSMB series.
waiting for a sequel to those specific 3D game series...3D Galaxy...3D Universe...3D Maker...3D Knight? Something really epic
World, yes, but Land was just OK imo, and it was less original than any NSMB game.
3D Land was like a great tribute to 2D Mario games in a 3D form, very underrated and still among the best 3DS games. A very excellent basis for 3D World to continue off of
Batman x Ninja Turtles? I knew NT x Ghostbusters existed but that too? LMAO
IDW, Nickelodeon, DC, and WB have a total of 4 different Batman/TMNT crossovers
  • the Batman/IDW TMNT for 3 different comic crossovers (Shredder and Ra Ja Gul, then Bane and Bebop/Rocksteady, then Krang messing with the multiverse)
  • the Batman TAS/TMNT 2012 crossover done (surprisingly the last time **** (Rick Grayson once, but sike censorship he back to being a D i c k Grayson) shows up in any TAS related storyline...also the homie Donnie got a kiss from Barbara and made April jealous)
  • Injustice 2
  • Batman vs TMNT movie from last year
Starting Mario Sunshine. It's such a slower pace than how quickly I was navigating through 64, like it's ridiculous. Not in a bad way, but holy **** getting 100-Coin Shines takes longer than me doing one in Mario 64 three times over, it's ****ing crazy.
I've been preferring the pace for Sunshine over 64 by a long mile so far

hard to talk about dee 👁 sea kay without the site thinking about the no no place

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom