• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Batman x Ninja Turtles? I knew NT x Ghostbusters existed but that too? LMAO
Batman x Ninja Turtles was so good, they adapted it into a movie.

It's probably my favourite Batman crossover and a really enjoyable film too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking on YouTube for Pokémon rumors and one thing a good number are covering is a (core game) Pokémon collection next year.

If Game Freak isn't willing to give us multiple save files or cloud backup, then there's no way in hell there will be a collection (25th anniversary or not).

D

Deleted member

Looking on YouTube for Pokémon rumors and one thing a good number are covering is a (core game) Pokémon collection next year.

If Game Freak isn't willing to give us multiple save files or cloud backup, then there's no way in hell there will be a collection (25th anniversary or not).
There's been a rumor about a Pokemon collection?

Oh boy, I can't wait to see how GF ****s this one up! :4pacman:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
without
Sonic already tackled knights, what Mario needs to do now is pirates!
Grand Theft Mario
Mario 2K23
Mario vs WWE

Super Mario Romcom

A Bayonetta/DBZ type Daisy video game
There are also several instances of Ninja Turtles x Power Rangers

Although that seems relatively sane when compared to Ghostbusters
and especially Batman. Still surprised Nick has yet to do a TMNT/Power Rangers crossover beyond the comics (2012 and Rise would've made for some good teaming up beyond the old Nick crossover games they had on their website and app)
So when’s the animated TMNTxGhostbusters film coming out?
probably after the Rise Turtles get their movie done...and after Seth Rogen gets his TMNT movie done...and after they do more crossovers...and after...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Ya smell that lads? That there be horse **** if I ever smelt it. And they say that if you smelt it...

Y O U D E A L T I T

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ve been trying to get caught up on RotTMNT, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, it’s actually pretty good. Okay there are some parts that urk me but otherwise it’s surprisingly more solid than I have it credit for.
Season 2, despite how unexpectedly short it was due to Nick reasons, ended up making up for most issues I had with the 1st

besides that part of the fanbase...on and off feelings towards them

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Season 2, despite how unexpectedly short it was due to Nick reasons, ended up making up for most issues I had with the 1st

besides that part of the fanbase...on and off feelings towards them
I think they did a lot of interesting stuff with the story and characters, it definitely stood out among the previous iterations.

Something that immediately comes to mind is that I love their takes on Donnie and April as well as the relationship between them.

D

Deleted member

Y'know what, screw it!

I'm starting a Master Mode playthrough of Breath of the Wild and nothing's gonna stop me!!
If you know what you're doing Master Mode is pretty easy. Pretty much the best thing to do is to beeline for all the towers first, then make a beeline for the Master Sword. Once you get the Master Sword, killing guardians and the like becomes easy 1v1, especially if you have multiple fairies and food on-hand. Once you get Ancient Arrows... they become trivial to deal with. Do note that Shield Parrying in Master Mode is a bit tricker as Guardians will occasionally delay there lasers by a few seconds. As a side note, I would recommend not cooking food in exotic ways; just throw a single "Hearty" item each time and you'll get an item that'll instantly heal you + extra hp, for one singular item(the only other full restore I can think of is 5 exotic meat which is way harder to farm than the Hearty stuff) and overall is way better than spending a bunch of items to cook something that might not even heal you to full hearts when you need it to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If you know what you're doing Master Mode is pretty easy. Pretty much the best thing to do is to beeline for all the towers first, then make a beeline for the Master Sword. Once you get the Master Sword, killing guardians and the like becomes easy 1v1, especially if you have multiple fairies and food on-hand. Once you get Ancient Arrows... they become trivial to deal with. Do note that Shield Parrying in Master Mode is a bit tricker as Guardians will occasionally delay there lasers by a few seconds. As a side note, I would recommend not cooking food in exotic ways; just throw a single "Hearty" item each time and you'll get an item that'll instantly heal you + extra hp, for one singular item(the only other full restore I can think of is 5 exotic meat which is way harder to farm than the Hearty stuff) and overall is way better than spending a bunch of items to cook something that might not even heal you to full hearts when you need it to.
Oh I know...I've probably put close to 1000 hours into BotW since release and I have played Master Mode a couple times before. Just never actually completed the game in Master Mode. The DLC is the hard stuff however, the Master Trials are literally Hell on Hyrule!

I remember those Guardians messing with me on my first Master Mode run, I was like "Oh **** THEY ARE LEARNING!!!"

That's usually what I do for my food and potions as hearty foods/elixirs will automatically max out health and then some. When traveling I usually stop for nothing but Radishes and Truffles and stock up on Durians in the Faron region regularly...lol. I usually do that plus I make Attack Up/ Speed Up foods as well. And the occasional Stamina Up foods since it can be handy when climbing.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I might start a second playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses this weekend. I'd like to beat Ninja Gaiden 3 first, but I figure it's been long enough since my first playthrough of FE:TH that I won't feel burned out.

I've got a choice between the Blue Eagles or the Golden Deer, since I've already played through the Black Eagles route (though I haven't seen the new character, since my playthrough was before that update). There's also the Church route, but I've heard that one isn't very interesting - I could be wrong, though. I've heard that Dimitri's route is a more "traditional" Fire Emblem experience, while Claude's route shows the most backstory/lore of the setting - does that sound right?

I'm not sure which one to go with, but I'm leaning towards Dimitri's, even if I'm not a fan of Dimitri himself from what I've seen. (he reminds me way too much of Sasuke Uchiha, and that character almost single-handedly ruined Naruto for me - both the series and the character)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I know...I've probably put close to 1000 hours into BotW since release and I have played Master Mode a couple times before. Just never actually completed the game in Master Mode.
... and here I was thinking I had the most hours on BOTW lol
Don't have the numbers on hand but iirc it's 500-600 from both my family's switch and my personal switch

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Yoshi was revealed alongside Shiek, ZSS, Charizard, and Greninja in the 8/4/2014 Direct.

It was extremely odd how they held off on showing him as long as they did.
I think they held him off because he gotten a bit of a revamp between Brawl and Smash 4, but then again, so did Bowser, and he was shown from the start.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since I'm on my Megaman Battle network nostalgia binge I'm going to drop this crossover between Battle network and that one Hideo Kojima productions game that nobody remembers:

These crossovers were neat even though nobody knows who these characters were.

As a kid I of course had absolutely no idea this was it's own thing I just thought Capcom decided to do some deep worldbuilding and include a chip from an in-universe series that Mega Man likes

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
... and here I was thinking I had the most hours on BOTW lol
Don't have the numbers on hand but iirc it's 500-600 from both my family's switch and my personal switch
Yeah...You are talking to a big Zelda nerd, and I consider BotW an easy Top Ten favourite game of all time. My Switch doesn't have my full hours logged because I play on different accounts (main account has somewhere between 200-300 hours I believe which is my first playthrough, honestly haven't played on that file in ages since I cleared out Hyrule pretty good, not since clearing all the DLC) and I've played a bunch of other playthroughs on my second account. Even did some mini speedrunning at one point on Eventide which was fun. Ended up finishing the quest in under 9 minutes, could probably try to optimize it even further if I wanted.

I guess it also doesn't help that I sometimes just ride my horse around Hyrule, like JUST ride my horse. For like 2 or 3 hours at a time which I've done several times. I found it to be quite a relaxing activity in this game.

D

Deleted member

Have you finished XC:DE yet?
Looks at my long list of games
Sadly, no.
I'll get to it after I beat Minecraft Hardcore. I'm progressing through games, as I decided to stop playing Terraria when Steve got in Smash.
Considering I take my time a lot in games, it can take forever. There have been routes in Three Houses that took me well over 100 hours.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I might start a second playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses this weekend. I'd like to beat Ninja Gaiden 3 first, but I figure it's been long enough since my first playthrough of FE:TH that I won't feel burned out.

I've got a choice between the Blue Eagles or the Golden Deer, since I've already played through the Black Eagles route (though I haven't seen the new character, since my playthrough was before that update). There's also the Church route, but I've heard that one isn't very interesting - I could be wrong, though. I've heard that Dimitri's route is a more "traditional" Fire Emblem experience, while Claude's route shows the most backstory/lore of the setting - does that sound right?

I'm not sure which one to go with, but I'm leaning towards Dimitri's, even if I'm not a fan of Dimitri himself from what I've seen. (he reminds me way too much of Sasuke Uchiha, and that character almost single-handedly ruined Naruto for me - both the series and the character)
Without spoilers, Golden Deer is where you'll get the game's juiciest lore, especially at the end. Church Route is just Golden Deer's story without Claude: You play all the exact same maps, just Claude isn't there with you.

I haven't finished Blue Lions yet but I know the plot. I think you'll be surprised as you play through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom