• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh right, Crown Tundra's today, right? Totally flew under my radar. Have there been any news this close to release? I haven't been keeping up at all.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Just got finished with walking the dog and playing basketball. Got some good exercise under this bright sun. Summer is coming back for a brief time it seems, lol
I hate it when mosquitos bite me. Good grief.
Yeah, they really suck.

...I'm so sorry xD
But for real, they're lame. Do you have insect repellant you can use?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Limited time or not, I'm not sure if I'll grab Fire Emblem SDatBOL (Couldn't really push myself to go far in The Sacred Stones on the 3DS).

But $6 isn't TOO bad of a price.

D

Deleted member

No news, but things have leaked.
Just looked it up and wow. Those Calyrex forms are absurd, I'm just not yet sure if in a good or bad way. Gotta love the shiny birds, shame they'll be most likely shiny locked.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So tagging a few friends to check on here. Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs Wademan94 Wademan94 @Taigiry and co on here.

Still not 100% but getting there. Tomorrow will be decisive to check. Pretty much just the neck pain (which has been going on closer to a week and been pretty bad) and the anxiety headaches to go now. The mental impact of this will last a while though. Hopefully this will be the last sleepless night before the doctor's tomorrow (or hospital, given my paranoia).

If they can check the neck pain out, then it'll hopefully be smooth sailing from there.

However I'm trying to follow a shopkeepers advice (same guy who introduced me to the idea of forums) and try to live life like normal. Tough but I'll try after tomorrow.

In other news rediscovered a few old bands like The Who, The Clash and such after a few years of pretty much nothing but Anime and Video Game OSTs. From rewatching A Silent Voice kinda clicked it for me.

Pretty different for an OP but that's one of the reasons why it's a such a great film.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just finished Darling in the Franxx and I can definitely say that this is one of the most conflicting anime I've ever seen. Like, I mostly really enjoyed my time with it and it even has a few episodes that I'd consider genuinely fantastic...but I also kinda don't agree with a lot of decisions made during the second half with where they took the story and the pacing of the show in general was a bit inconsistent. The ending was pretty good, at least.

Oh, and Zero Two is best girl.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ooh, writing this Smash retrospective, I just realized when discussing Joker, I completely forgot about "Jane" speculation. I'll have to go back over that segment and touch on that topic at least just a bit.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It would be funny if Game Freak actually had more future content in the data of The Crown Tundra.

The fact that The Isle of Armor update spoiled so much makes me wonder if they learned their lessons.
we find an MP4 labeled "Cinderance FP8 trailer".

which makes us all the more suprised when the real FP8 is Mr. Rime

D

Deleted member

Just saw that the "physical" Fire Emblem release just consists of a download code, which blows. At least the box and cartridge are neat to have for creating a repro cart, but really, they couldn't throw in a physical version when they've already decided to make it another stupid timed exclusive? And for an anniversary release no less?

So tagging a few friends to check on here. Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs Wademan94 Wademan94 @Taigiry and co on here.

Still not 100% but getting there. Tomorrow will be decisive to check. Pretty much just the neck pain (which has been going on closer to a week and been pretty bad) and the anxiety headaches to go now. The mental impact of this will last a while though. Hopefully this will be the last sleepless night before the doctor's tomorrow (or hospital, given my paranoia).

If they can check the neck pain out, then it'll hopefully be smooth sailing from there.

However I'm trying to follow a shopkeepers advice (same guy who introduced me to the idea of forums) and try to live life like normal. Tough but I'll try after tomorrow.

In other news rediscovered a few old bands like The Who, The Clash and such after a few years of pretty much nothing but Anime and Video Game OSTs. From rewatching A Silent Voice kinda clicked it for me.

Pretty different for an OP but that's one of the reasons why it's a such a great film.
Best of luck for tomorrow. That's been what, 2-3 weeks of near daily hospital visits? But at least it sounds like it's getting better at least.

D

Deleted member

Missed opportunity not having Nathan Fillion. I'm not even an Uncharted fan, but come on, he looks just like Drake. At least more than babyface Tom Holland.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Best of luck for tomorrow. That's been what, 2-3 weeks of near daily hospital visits? But at least it sounds like it's getting better at least.
GP (doctors), counselling and hospital for almost two and a half weeks nearly. Hopefully I don't jinx myself with it.

I'm just looking forward to not spending more money on taxis to them and back. Thankfully.

Just finished Darling in the Franxx and I can definitely say that this is one of the most conflicting anime I've ever seen. Like, I mostly really enjoyed my time with it and it even has a few episodes that I'd consider genuinely fantastic...but I also kinda don't agree with a lot of decisions made during the second half with where they took the story and the pacing of the show in general was a bit inconsistent. The ending was pretty good, at least.

Oh, and Zero Two is best girl.
Without a doubt the anime needed about six more episodes to cook with IMO. The teenage pregnancy, Papa being actually an alien from the edge of the universe and such plotlines really need better transitioning if it wanted to be more smooth. A better prequel episode and more logic on its worldbuilding I mean the seas or something drying up bit and the lack of more ruins would have been nice.

Also while I see obviously that people think Zero Two is best girl, found Ichigo to be far more relatable to me at least.

Good show but needed more episodes for smoother plot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Think my drawing practice is going along pretty smoothly. Did a few paper and pencil doodles today instead of just using my school laptop and I'm feeling pretty good.

Also been catching up to math so my grades are finally starting to get better. whew.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
GP (doctors), counselling and hospital for almost two and a half weeks nearly. Hopefully I don't jinx myself with it.

I'm just looking forward to not spending more money on taxis to them and back. Thankfully.

Without a doubt the anime needed about six more episodes to cook with IMO. The teenage pregnancy, Papa being actually an alien from the edge of the universe and such plotlines really need better transitioning if it wanted to be more smooth. A better prequel episode and more logic on its worldbuilding I mean the seas or something drying up bit and the lack of more ruins would have been nice.

Also while I see obviously that people think Zero Two is best girl, found Ichigo to be far more relatable to me at least.

Good show but needed more episodes for smoother plot.
Oh yeah, the final arc with its huge plot twist was a mess. I was kind of expecting it to end with the children rising up against the adults and forging their own path for themselves, but nah, space! So many moments just didn't sit well with me like how Alpha's sacrifice was incredibly rushed and his character was so underdeveloped that it was hard for me to feel anything during that moment, and I can't forget to mention how ridiculous the final form of Strelizia looked by making it a mecha Zero Two in a wedding dress.

I also have to admit that I'm not a fan of how certain characters were portrayed and shafted throughout the show, most notably Futoshi and Ikuno. Can't let the fat kid and the lesbianfind any happiness, am I right? Hiro also became a fairly unlikable lead towards the end.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

I was kind of expecting it to end with the children rising up against the adults and forging their own path for themselves
I feel like I've seen an anime that has a plot like that but I can't remember what it is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom