• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Drew a new potential avi image that for once I'm not going to switch to... mostly because I want to keep the Dimensional Robo theme for now.
sketch1603375464495.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The first Fire Emblem game is getting a localization. Not sure if I'll get it or not (the whole "permadeath" aspect kept me from getting into the series, since I'm bad at strategy games), but it's neat to see that they're giving it a full translation after all of this time.

Maybe it's a good sign for other games that weren't released outside of Japan? (come on, Reggie! Give us Mother 3!)

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

The first Fire Emblem game is getting a localization. Not sure if I'll get it or not (the whole "permadeath" aspect kept me from getting into the series, since I'm bad at strategy games), but it's neat to see that they're giving it a full translation after all of this time.

Maybe it's a good sign for other games that weren't released outside of Japan? (come on, Reggie! Give us Mother 3)
Earthbound fans be like:
"WhErE iS mOtHeR 3 ?!?!?!?"

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Here is Rambo's gameplay trailer for Mortal Kombat 11:

Pretty much plays how I expected him to, with knife melee, a bow and arrow, and a bunch of traps. I hope one of his fatalities is a recreation of that clip from Rambo IV where he mows down a bunch of people with a 50. cal machine gun.

Also, I love that they got Sylvetser Stallone back for his voice, but it (along with Keith David and Peter Weller coming back to play Spawn and Robocop) makes it all the more weird that Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't come back to play the Terminator (even if the voice actor they did get does a decent enough Arnie impression).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is getting localized... for a limited time.
I think it’s just the anniversary edition (which comes with a bunch of physical FE merch or whatever) that’s limited; the game itself seems safe. That’s what it sounds like on their Twitter at least, idk.

edit: gosh dang it nevermind:

Nintendo has the big dumb.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE1 is very very rough. Would recommend playing FE11 beforehand if you can to familiarize yourself with the maps; which in fairness are solid.

It's playable, it was the first game I beat entirely in Japanese, but you're going to be in for a rough time.

Anyone else remember the poll that came out a few months after Three Houses?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, apparently twitch streamers didn't know what a DMCA is or that the music industry will go after anyone for even playing a clip of one of their songs because Twitch for years hasn't been following the law correctly. Now that Twitch is giving out proper DMCA's the streamer community are up in arms

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So would it be worth playing the original Shadow dragon if I already own the DS version?
Depends if you think Gen 1 of Pokemon is still worth playing after checking out FRLG or Lets Go.

The game is jank to say this least, but there is very much a charm to it and specific quirks that are unique to it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
LOL, apparently twitch streamers didn't know what a DMCA is or that the music industry will go after anyone for even playing a clip of one of their songs because Twitch for years hasn't been following the law correctly. Now that Twitch is giving out proper DMCA's the streamer community are up in arms
In others words, the music industry continue to be a giant pain in the ass for every creators on the internet.

don't know where it will lead, I hope some of the creators I follow won't be horribly affected, but since this is 2020...
frieza 2.jpg
I'm just gonna expect the worst so that I don't get too dissapointed when **** hit the fan.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know what's not limited time?

Steve in Smash.

Just kidding he'll be gone when the Switch servers shut down.
Nah.

Obviously, Smash Ultimate: Special Deluxe Edition will have all the DLC characters in it, thus Steve will be eternal...

Oh and, Vergil will be playable too, 'cuz you can't make a rerelease of a game with Capcom characters in it & with "Special" in it's name without this ************ coming in.
vergil smile.jpg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nah.

Obviously, Smash Ultimate: Special Deluxe Edition will have all the DLC characters in it, thus Steve will be eternal...

Oh and, Vergil will be playable too, 'cuz you can't make a rerelease of a game with Capcom characters in it & with "Special" in it's name without this ************ coming in.
View attachment 289940
He is the storm that is approaching.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
•surfing youtube
•sees v tuber doggo video
•watching Korone speaking only English video

"If you speak Japanese you will END."

D-does she die in this one?

Luig

Confused
Nah.

View attachment 289940
Another ****ty thing a corp is doing, that reminded me of. I can't believe that DMC5SE isn't coming out on PC, and capcom gave the worst excuse for it, ever.
"Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition is specifically being developed and optimised to benefit the system architecture and leap in processing power offered by PS5 and Xbox Series X, so we're focusing on these platforms. At present, there are no plans to release DMC5SE on PC."

ahh yes, raytracing, and ryzen cpus, something PC hardware has had for.... years

'the toyota corolla isn't coming out in germany because it's coming out in japan'

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My bet is they think MOE is to obscure but want to build hype for the remake that is coming alongside the rumored Blazing games remakes.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Crazy that the only Nintendo related releases that aren't limited time this half of the year is Steve, Pokemon DLC, a Port, and Hyrule Warriors 2.

Imagine telling people that Pokemon would be less anti-consumer than Mario in 2020.

Luig

Confused
I really find it ironic nintendo get so mad at emulation and fan projects when they're genuinely so horrendous at preserving their own products and history; they have such little respect for their old stuff, and they do a bad job at giving it to the public, Emulation is a fully legit form of preservation, and I am so glad it exists. In a few decades, without it all 3rd gen console stuff would be all but lost.

Disc rot is very real too. Blu-rays are safe due to the coating, but a lot of really old CDs are already starting to peel apart. It's sad how temporal these mediums really are. DVDs will suffer the same fate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

•surfing youtube
•sees v tuber doggo video
•watching Korone speaking only English video

"If you speak Japanese you will END."

D-does she die in this one?
No, she just ends the stream.

It was a pretty funny stream too lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Random question:

So in November that HBO Max service is adding Troll and Troll 2. (still no Ed Edd n Eddy though...)

I've heard a bunch of things regarding Troll 2 but never the original Troll, should I watch it?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
With all considered, I don't know how to feel about SwSh. Like, I didn't mind the game at all, but it's unpolished as all hell, and it was lacking in so many departments, but I had fun. But I have no intentions of going back to mainland Galar, and it's by far the worst gen standalone. Gen 1 gets a pass for being the first.

After seeing the DLC, a part of me wonders what could have been accomplished if GF had extra development time. I have a hunch Isle of Armor was meant to be postgame instead of the... ??? we had in base game. Crown Tundra looks like they actually took their time, though some textures do look a bit rough, they actually made a cohesive open world adventure.

It's a shame the regular game didn't get that love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom