• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was gonna continue my Halloween theme for avatars but I'm just not in the mood.

I'm tired of this year in general. As soon as this damn pandemic ends or draws close to ending I think I'll be in much higher spirits.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Also blame the dirty minds we call 'smash bros fans' if you're really upset with this change.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was gonna continue my Halloween theme for avatars but I'm just not in the mood.
I thought you were trying to freak out Smash fans who wish to not know Pokemon has a Lyn/Dixie/Dee. And it's not the new grass starter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
most eye can do

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anyways I'm really trying to get my mind off **** so what's everyone been up to lately?

What games have you all been playing? What shows have you been watching, if any?

I've been playing through Pokemon Shield and trying to start on Luigi's Mansion 3. I'm also finalizing research on a select few work from home jobs, then I just have to work up the nerve for an interview or application. I was nervous about the idea of getting a job for a long time but at this point I just want to move forward with my life. I'm not looking for an exhausting job where I'll be working almost all day, but I'm also tired of not having a job. So that's my main priority right now.

In between all that and occasionally helping with house renovation work whenever it comes up, I'm using some of my free time to binge-watch RWBY, as I implied earlier. It's been nice because it's easy to watch online and I have still yet to finish it, so getting to watch something new on a frequent basis between the stresses of life is really refreshing and enjoyable, especially when I find the characters so phenomenal.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone in my family is getting a divorce, and I just want to say

MGTOW's can shut the hell up about women always getting everything in divorces.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
haven't seen anyone talk about it, but there was also alot of bug fixes when it come to Steve.

Here ya go.

General
  • Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
  • Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
  • Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
  • Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex's minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
  • Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex's minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
  • Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex's block once KO'd.
Funnily, they didn't mention about his victory pose. Probably because it be very weird to describe why it was changed. :p

D

Deleted member

haven't seen anyone talk about it, but there was also alot of bug fixes when it come to Steve.

Here ya go.

General
  • Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
  • Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
  • Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
  • Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex's minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
  • Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex's minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
  • Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex's block once KO'd.
Funnily, they didn't mention about his victory pose. Probably because it be very weird to describe why it was changed. :p
This character is crazy, and I love it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I demand Marvel to permanently kill off One More Day for all of the Spider-Man lands

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The final version is good but damn this beta had all the right additions to this track and made it way better:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the change to Steve’s steak was unnecessary, though it still makes sense anyway (the previous did too, just implied he had a stack of steak instead of just one) so whatever.

I didn’t think it looked bad at all until people started getting their minds in the gutter, and even afterwards it looking gross didn’t cross my mind most of the time; just looked like steak to me. It’s all good though, it still fits with Minecraft, though his arm snapping back to his side is a bit weird I guess though not unlike Minecraft (though I think the first version of the victory screen was smoother in moving his arm despite how it would’ve still snapped back into place even if he had more steak in Minecraft, and his taunt is smoother I think, but eh).

edit: nvm about the victory animation smoothness thing, just looked again at both versions and actually the animation is just as smooth and still looks good, my memory must’ve messed with me at first.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL did they seriously change the steak

---

PigElite Alternate.png

Finished the pig and gave him alternate colors. The program has a 16 color limit one being transparency which is white in this case. So these are a little less detailed than the original

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the change to Steve’s steak was unnecessary, though it still makes sense anyway (the previous did too, just implied he had a stack of steak instead of just one) so whatever.

I didn’t think it looked bad at all until people started getting their minds in the gutter, and even afterwards it looking gross didn’t cross my mind most of the time; just looked like steak to me. It’s all good though, it still fits with Minecraft, though his arm snapping back to his side is a bit weird I guess though not unlike Minecraft (though I think the first version of the victory screen was smoother in moving his arm despite how it would’ve still snapped back into place even if he had more steak in Minecraft, and his taunt is smoother I think, but eh).
I mean, it was definitely a steak, but I'd argue that a lot, and I mean a lot of people were having a giggle that it looked like a censored penis, no thanks due to Minecraft's already pixel-y artstyle. Considering how fast it spread online, Nintendo probably just decided not to potentially deal with any backlash it 'could' have and just change it outright.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry if I sound impatient, but man, Steve emote when?
8521D6E7-2374-480E-9E32-623138DB4114.png

Made this two days after he was released plus the alts. The powers that be have yet to add them to the smiley/emoticon list. It does take time for them to be added (plus I made smilies for every single Alt that are in queue) so please be patient.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 289911

Made this two days after he was released plus the alts. The powers that be have yet to add them to the smiley/emoticon list. It does take time for them to be added (plus I made smilies for every single Alt that are in queue) so please be patient.
Since Warchamp has yet to answer me on this, will the other DQ heroes and female Byleth ever get their own post BGs so we can actually set them as our Ultimate main?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since Warchamp has yet to answer me on this, will the other DQ heroes and female Byleth ever get their own post BGs so we can actually set them as our Ultimate main?
I would like to think they would but I don’t know if they actually have those assets on hand at the moment. That being said, I’ve have offered to help in anyway possible so that offer is still on the table. I’ll bring it up next time I talk to them but I don’t think it would help one way or another.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
We got a Sans emote within a day or two of the Mii costume's reveal.
Nobody gets it perfect all the time. Besides, the point is that I don't think it's worth complaining about or mentioning at this time. Sure, it's not as fast as other emojis. But, it's not as slow as other emojis as well. I'm sure you remember female Byleth and how long that took. It took months, if I recall correctly.

One can complain about something like this if they want, but I don't see the point of doing so at this time. A week is still a relatively short amount of time.

It will come. The staff will get it done, even if the beginning stages may go slowly.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, it was definitely a steak, but I'd argue that a lot, and I mean a lot of people were having a giggle that it looked like a censored penis, no thanks due to Minecraft's already pixel-y artstyle. Considering how fast it spread online, Nintendo probably just decided not to potentially deal with any backlash it 'could' have and just change it outright.
I understand. Still kinda dumb imo but it’s all good anyway as I said. The only part that really bothered me was his arm moving more smoothly previously but now it snaps back after finishing the steak, though that’s not unlike Minecraft so eh, just a bit weird due to what I explained before I guess.

The jokes didn’t really bother me, I actually thought they were sort of funny, though I did get a little bit annoyed when someone sounded serious over it like a GameXplain dude tbh.

edit: also nevermind about the smoothness thing, I just looked at the animation again and it’s just as smooth as it was before. I guess the arm being closer to the front previously kind of messed with my memory, heheh, it still looks good.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I understand. Still kinda dumb imo but it’s all good anyway as I said. The only part that really bothered me was his arm moving more smoothly previously but now it snaps back after finishing the steak, though that’s not unlike Minecraft so eh, just a bit weird due to what I explained before I guess.

The jokes didn’t really bother me, I actually thought they were sort of funny, though I did get a little bit annoyed when someone sounded serious over it like a GameXplain dude tbh.
Yeah, still weird to me that GameXplain of all peoples reported this "problem".

'cuz without them, I wouldn't even have notice Steve's victory pose was seen as, ya know, [REDACTED] by some.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So we’re finally here, performing for you
Huh!

K-K!

King Kong!

He's the leader of Skull Island.

You know him well.

He's finally back to kick some tail!

His Tree Sword can clobber Skullcrawlers.

If he whacks ya, it's gonna hurt!

He's bigger, faster and stronger too!

He's ready to take on Titanus Gojira in 20-21!

Huh!

K-K

King Kong!

D

Deleted member

Nearly done with a casual playthrough of Crash 4. Probably will be taking a break then to avoid getting burnt out by that game.

So, how's going around here, anything of note happened while I was distracted by Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom