• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure 2011 was the year where I got into the obsure indie RPG known as Pokemon.

Here I was, at Toys R Us with my birthday money, and it was Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, Soulsilver, and White, and the main star of the show, Pokemon Black. And I, having no clue about release order, cautiously picked Black.

And man, did my life change forever and holy **** I'm old.
Gen 5 Babies rise up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was 27 in 2011. Yep, I'm old.

Also, I just got the palettes for the sprites I was talking about. So now I can make icons in Quest-specific colors. Both color and grayscale(cause, well, the coding is godawful).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If we still talking 2011, man I need to speak about this kid (a year below me) who annoyed me/my class in that year. (I was mid-teens) This is a story that might annoy you guys or ignored but man.

This kid would literally try and take your DS/3DS/PSP and all that because his parents won't allow him one. He got away with stealing someone's DS, shouted at people, didn't understand people dynamics.
Think Randall from Recess but spoilt and easily protected because of his mental disability (capable physically but needed a bit of special needs, kinda like me). No-one clearly never taught him what no meant.

You decide to be nice and let him have a go? He goes more bat**** than a toddler at a McDonalds and shakes the thing as well. You tell him to go away at any means? His personal minder would report you to your teacher and they like "oh" and never bring it up. My property though.

And boy karma came back to him (inline spoilers) to sum it up he said (still stupid but really stupid this time) "I'll see your mom in hell" to one of my classmates who's mom died about week before he said that. My classmate threw him down a flight of stairs.
I was wondering why they weren't in and my teacher gathered my class around and told us what happened. We all looked at each other and were like "well......".

So there's Irepan's story of the day. Like and Subscribe.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
@Bakugan2556 so Im exprementing without saving and killing wall of flesh to see how much of my biome protection works and can I just say.... I dont like the choice the devs made in how it spreads after. . It spreads to far to fast, I understand its on purpose but it stresses me out and 2 it doesnt seem like my barriers are doing **** and i just wanna go into hard mode already, not build boxes all day

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
bruh you know i was watching the gen 3 pokemon anime back in 2006

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I completely missed out on gens 4 and 5. (I played gens 1-3, but that's about it) I started Pokemon Y, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it. Though I have a bunch of level 100 Pokemon in my PC thanks to monthly events from a few years ago, so I'm looking forward to being able to use them.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Gen 3 was my childhood...
I didn't get into Pokemon until Gen 4.

I made my vow since the ancient year of 2012 that the Diamond and Pearl remakes would be my last Pokemon games. My time has almost come.

However I still want Pokemon Ranger 4.

Anyone here over the age of 21 feel like sometimes. We lived in a time before fancy touch phones and where we had chunky TVs. Back in the day we had to leave the house to see friends or use email.

Back in the day, back in the day.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I still remember the day I got Red(And my Gameboy).

That's a memory that's stuck with me for all these years.

Hell, I was playing a used copy of Yellow(That I found at a thrift store during Gen 4 days) the day my sister was born, and still remember what I was doing in it the day that she was born.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I didn't get into Pokemon until Gen 4.

I made my vow since the ancient year of 2012 that the Diamond and Pearl remakes would be my last Pokemon games. My time has almost come.

However I still want Pokemon Ranger 4.

Anyone here over the age of 21 feel like sometimes. We lived in a time before fancy touch phones and where we had chunky TVs. Back in the day we had to leave the house to see friends or use email.

Back in the day, back in the day.
I actually fell out of Pokemon for years because of Gen 4, specifically Platinum. Burnout hit me pretty hard especially since I had already sunk countless hours into Pearl beforehand. I ended up missing out completely on Gens 5 and 6 and I've barely put any time into Gens 7 and 8.

The Hoenn remakes were fun, tho.

Dutch Raikuna

I still wished I discovered a few games and stuff earlier and bought a phone. Didn't get my first one til 2015.

Mostly wished I discovered anime like five years earlier. Think things would became slightly better had I shown many more different interests.

Date a Live, Toradora, K-On, Angel Beats, Steins Gate, Humanity had Declined, Kino's Journey, A Certain Magical Index etc.. Feel like I would have been a bit cooler had I got these somehow on something small and watchable. However the rats in my school would be like Randall from Recess and be like "miss miss they aren't letting me watch it even though I was born stupid and spoilt."

Still I would have made a few people weebs. I know it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I did complete a Red playthrough not long ago.

Am currently playing Yellow and my team consists of:
Pikachu
Primeape
Blastoise (wasn't the Squirtle you're gifted in Vermilion City but rather one earned from Pokemon Stadium)
Gengar (traded as a Haunter from Red)
Snorlax (traded from Red)
Farfetch'd (traded from Gold)

My ultimate goal with these playthroughs is to get as many good Pokemon teams as I can to one day actually complete the Stadium games. Maybe if I go bonkers I can complete the Pokedex as well, although that might actually be the easier task.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom