• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I hadn’t thought about it, actually. I may look into it.
:D Awesome, let me know if you do!
Seeing a game that is so incredibly SEGA being made by Square is still so jarring to me but I’m excited to see where they take it because it gives me some incredible Billy Hatcher vibes. I’ll test out the demo for sure.
:happysheep: YAY! XD I am quite excited thought at first I wasn't even considering the game, but the more info I saw, the more curious I got! Though I need to see more of the fluffy winter lady, I want to see her story already, I am in love with her design. x'D That is why I was so tempted to draw her with my (VERY RARE) Fan Character I unintentionally created for this franchise! x'D It took me ages to finally do a messy doodle, but I am pleased! I hope playing it motivates me to draw more, even though it's kind of hard. But I thought "I have drawn Sonic characters...I just need to think as if they were it, but longer/taller."

Uh, I don't think so.

While the game look interesting & I hope it succeed if it's good, don't think I mentionned it before, did I?:ultrob:
Oh, ok! xD Totally understandable! I think I saw you talking about it before, so that is why I thought you would!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A reminder that there are multiple different perspectives on different things that can and should inform your actions and opinions. I genuinely didn't think about that.
Basically the takeaway is you shouldn’t rely on stereotypes to make a character, especially outdated ones that can be toxic and harmful

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

:happysheep: YAY! XD I am quite excited thought at first I wasn't even considering the game, but the more info I saw, the more curious I got! Though I need to see more of the fluffy winter lady, I want to see her story already, I am in love with her design. x'D That is why I was so tempted to draw her with my (VERY RARE) Fan Character I unintentionally created for this franchise! x'D It took me ages to finally do a messy doodle, but I am pleased! I hope playing it motivates me to draw more, even though it's kind of hard. But I thought "I have drawn Sonic characters...I just need to think as if they were it, but longer/taller."

Oh, ok! xD Totally understandable! I think I saw you talking about it before, so that is why I thought you would!
Don't remember doing so, but I trust your words.

Who know, might try out, tho i'm not in a GAMING mood atm.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
D

Deleted member

Oh, the Balan Wonderland demo is coming out tomorrow? Will probably check it out, as I'm a bit on the fence about this game. I really wanna like it, but the trailers don't inspire too much confidence right now. Comes across as quantity over quality.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 300760
Spongebob, me boy! We’re stuck in 1995 argh argh argh!
🧽: “But Mr. Krabs! We didn’t exist until 4 years later!”
🦑: “Finally, sweet sweet nonexistence...”
Spongebob logic in a nutshell

I'm pretty surprised that they're going the anime route with this and making it a sequel to the reboot trilogy, but I'll keep an eye on it.
would prefer another game...but considering Avengers took up their time, I can accept a show

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyone else see the rumors that Microsoft may have purchased Playtonic? The developer of Yooka-Laylee?

Yeah the designs of the game is part of the reason I’m interested in it so much so I can see why. I’m hoping the gameplay is interesting too though. I haven’t really seen a whole lot on it because I know most 3D platformers look rather boring in trailer besides like... Mario lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wtf? I had multiple people tell me it's down.

Okay, guess I'll do more research and see what's up.
Maybe it's like only some countries are affected?

Strange either way.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah the designs of the game is part of the reason I’m interested in it so much so I can see why. I’m hoping the gameplay is interesting too though. I haven’t really seen a whole lot on it because I know most 3D platformers look rather boring in trailer besides like... Mario lol.
xD Yeah, it was the designs that partly got me too, plus I feel I haven't played 3D platformers in ages..so, I am hoping the exact same as you. xD I also hope that the DEMO file isn't too big, specially with this laptop. Shadow of War's demo was 45 gb and the whole game was apparently 70 to 90....that was just too much.... o-o

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We live in a society.

For real though, you're giving Sonic Team too much credit. Those are the guys who made Tails cover in fear when confronted with Chaos 0. Ever since the Adventure era ended (maybe up to and including Sonic 06, not too familiar though) they forgot how to write non one-dimensional characters.
Oh good, i'm not the only one who's anoyed at how modern writers act as if this is a new concept and keeps parading around multiple female characters with this archetype.

Yeah tough girls can be cool but there should always be a place for the kind of girl who just like girly things you know.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There certainly has been a lot of talk about Resident Evil Village's tall vampire lady who is called Lady Dimitrescu and Twitter user named "Gate" created this:

Source: https://twitter.com/countgate/status/1354219479388008451/photo/1

EDIT: Would anyone want to see Lady Dimitrescu in a future Marvel Vs Capcom game?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Anyone else see the rumors that Microsoft may have purchased Playtonic? The developer of Yooka-Laylee?
Imagine making a company to get away from Microsoft only for Microsoft to buy your company too.

Probably not the reason why for Playtonic, but the idea of trying to get away from Microsoft only for Microsoft to bring your back just sounds funnier to me.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not sure if this was already posted, but we got footage from Super Nintendo World of the Peach meet and greet.
Seems she has pre-recorded voice lines, presumably done by Samantha Kelly, so she can interact with guests

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wow

only one last day before the Gatekeeper/Chrom Feud comes to a conclusion

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Imagine making a company to get away from Microsoft only for Microsoft to buy your company too.

Probably not the reason why for Playtonic, but the idea of trying to get away from Microsoft only for Microsoft to bring your back just sounds funnier to me.
It’s only rumors right now. Playtonic is going through a big rebranding this year for some reason and people are speculating that it’s because they’re being purchased and due to Microsoft’s tendency to buy companies paired with the old Rare IP people are guessing it’s Microsoft related. All speculation but it’s interesting to say the least.

I wouldn’t mind a Banjo made by Playtonic but I do wonder if that’ll even actually happen. Rare and Microsoft seem intent to give Rare IP to new blood developers like Battletoads, Killer Instinct, and Perfect Dark with Dlala, Iron Galaxy/Double Helix, and The Initiative respectively so I don’t figure they’d aim to acquire the old blood developers for that specific reason but I’m not a businessman so who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom