• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok, so now that the Owl House has lived up to the hype and I ended up liking the characters a lot, I decided to update my list of future cosplays to make when the comic/manga convention of my island opens again:

I think that this summer I will keep work on the Alex Kidd cosplay, and if I have enough time I could start work on the one for Luz as It seems easy to make.
I will only cosplay if I can get a second person to make my Banjo + Kazooie puppet cosplay work.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So despite the good news from today, let's not forget that assholes still exist unfortunately.

Trashjlll.jpg

**** Scalpers and people like these. One of my IRL friends was planning on getting a PS5 today but he missed the boat cause of trash.

He found out Demon Souls was on it a few weeks ago and then was like "I have a PC but.........Demon Souls." Crap day for him.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So despite the good news from today, let's not forget that assholes still exist unfortunately.

View attachment 300021

**** Scalpers and people like these. One of my IRL friends was planning on getting a PS5 today but he missed the boat cause of trash.

He found out Demon Souls was on it a few weeks ago and then was like "I have a PC but.........Demon Souls." Crap day for him.
And this my friend is why I'm waiting it out with the PS5 until most if not all bugs are dealt with.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 300021

We truly need to end Morgz's YouTube Channel.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 300021

This is why I’m waiting till 2022 to get one.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

View attachment 300021

I went through the same **** but I got one eventually. Just gotta keep trying.

D

Deleted member

This is why I’m waiting till 2022 to get one.
I went through the same **** but I got one eventually. Just gotta keep trying.
I'm gonna get the Xbox Series X first and then the PS5.

Mostly because I find Game Pass to be a really tempting deal and my hype for the new Perfect Dark and Fable games.
Also because I want to wait before I start buying PS5 games and such (they went higher on price where I live).

But yeah, if all goes right I will try to get both systems. Of course gonna have to wait a while between both.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I don't know if you knew this, but Perry made a cameo in Big City Greens.
Since others already pointed out all the plush cameos, I'll point out that the arcade machines in the back ground also reference Gravity Falls.

D

Deleted member

$500 is a tough pill to swallow for a console that doesn't have many exclusives that I'm excited for yet. I'm content sticking with my PS4 for now and waiting it out.

Not that I have much of a choice since you can barely find the damn thing.
Yeah, that is another thing too.

The console just launched, and besides Demon's Souls and maybe Miles Morales there isn't any exclusive game which really makes me think "woah, I want to own a PS5 already".

So It is really good too to wait until they announce games which catch my attention even more.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The console just launched, and besides Demon's Souls and maybe Miles Morales there isn't any exclusive game which really makes me think "woah, I want to own a PS5 already".

So It is really good too to wait until they announce games which catch my attention even more.
They really should have just delayed both Console Launches. I don't think anyone would have blamed them.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman

Somehow, my parents got it in a giveaway. AT BELKS.

D

Deleted member

They really should have just delayed both Console Launches. I don't think anyone would have blamed them.
Even if they delayed the systems there would still be stock problems too.

Sadly that's how things tend to go nowadays. Even for simple stuff such as LEGO Mario sets.
The bigger the demand, the more scalpers who come in to try and cash in.

Somehow, my parents got it in a giveaway. AT BELKS.
Had to look up the Wikipedia article of Belks to see what that was.

Apparently It is basically the USA equivalent of El Corte Inglés.

Yeah, I can see why you would be shocked at getting It from a giveaway over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

$500 is a tough pill to swallow for a console that doesn't have many exclusives that I'm excited for yet. I'm content sticking with my PS4 for now and waiting it out.

Not that I have much of a choice since you can barely find the damn thing.
Personally I'm waiting until FFXVI comes out for now. Maybe sooner if there is a surprise announcement but I think 2021 is going to be like 2014, only one or two big name proper next gen exclusives and a year where Nintendo kinda sweeps in critical acclaim (BOTW2, Diamond and Pearl remakes and any other suprises).

Plus I've still a number of games I'm interested in getting on PS4 so as long as there's that and Tales of Arise to come out, I'm fine on waiting more or less.

I'd have to agree on that. I understand holiday season but they should have waited until March at least. "But holiday sales!" the money maker would say. Look at the damn Switch would be my counterpoint.

Even if they delayed the systems there would still be stock problems too.

Sadly that's how things tend to go nowadays. Even for simple stuff such as LEGO Mario sets.
The bigger the demand, the more scalpers who come in to try and cash in.
I've a special place in hell for scalpers ever since that story with the amiibo craze where a greedy store owner looked in front of a kid and was like "I'm buying all of these and gonna sell them." with the stock.

Like come on, instead of scalping if you are desperate for money just fake an injury or a disability and get money from the government. Least then you won't be making kids cry.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Finally we can play as the entire Toad brigade from Mario Galaxy.
NGL, it would be nice for them to put just the slightest touches to make them a little more unique in future games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Personally I'm waiting until FFXVI comes out for now. Maybe sooner if there is a surprise announcement but I think 2021 is going to be like 2014, only one or two big name proper next gen exclusives and a year where Nintendo kinda sweeps in critical acclaim (BOTW2, Diamond and Pearl remakes and any other suprises).

Plus I've still a number of games I'm interested in getting on PS4 so as long as there's that and Tales of Arise to come out, I'm fine on waiting more or less.

I'd have to agree on that. I understand holiday season but they should have waited until March at least. "But holiday sales!" the money maker would say. Look at the damn Switch would be my counterpoint.

I've a special place in hell for scalpers ever since that story with the amiibo craze where a greedy store owner looked in front of a kid and was like "I'm buying all of these and gonna sell them." with the stock.

Like come on, instead of scalping if you are desperate for money just fake an injury or a disability and get money from the government. Least then you won't be making kids cry.
To be honest, the Xbox should not have launched until Halo Infinite was ready. But as for the PS5... IDK, just make it timely with the Series X

D

Deleted member

I can't sleep right now, so I may as well watch some shows on Disney+ to kill time until I fall asleep (can't use anything else as I forgot the Netflix password and as much as I want to watch more Owl House I can only do so on TV and at 0:37am that is a big no).

May start watching Amphibia to see if I end Up liking It as much as Noipoi.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms i watched episodes 2 and 3 of the owl house.

Honestly? Having a better time than I thought I would.

Eda and King are still the highlights, Hooty is also getting some laughs. And while I’m still not Luz’s biggest fan, I do find myself liking her just a little more than I did before. Amity is kinda just Gary Oak, but I know she goes through some character changes, so maybe I’ll like her more later. Gus is just Darwin from Gumball, and I love him for it. Willow’s alright. The setting continues to be interesting in how macabre it is, didn’t expect to see someone straight up get stabbed. Yeah, I’m having fun.

Didn’t think I’d say this, but I’m looking forward to watching, if not the whole show, at least most of it.
Believe me, it keeps getting better from here.

The show is quite rich with character development, and good at balancing plots and details integral to the overarching storyline with everything else. Tons of fun magic, monster and spooky hijinks in almost every episode, too. It's great.

Please do tell me what you think of other characters as they're introduced, "cause I'm definitely curious lol.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm getting ever closer to a full amiibo collection (not counting the cards, I'm only shooting for figures.)

I'm only missing these ones now.

Banjo & Kazooie - Super Smash Bros. series (Pre-Ordered)
Bayonetta (Player 2) - Super Smash Bros. series
Bowser - Super Mario series
Byleth - Super Smash Bros. series (Pre-Ordered)
Cat Mario - Super Mario series (Pre-Ordered)
Cat Peach - Super Mario series
Cloud (Player 2) - Super Smash Bros. series
Corrin (Player 2) - Super Smash Bros. series
Diddy Kong - Super Mario series
Donkey Kong - Super Mario series
Inkling Boy (Variant) - Splatoon series
Inkling Girl (Variant) - Splatoon series
Inkling Squid (Variant) - Splatoon series
Inkling Squid (Splatoon 2) - Splatoon series
King Dedede - Kirby series
Kirby - Kirby series
Link (Link's Awakening) - The Legend of Zelda series
Loot Goblin
Luigi - Super Mario series
Mario - Super Mario series
Mega Man (Gold) - Super Smash Bros. series
Mega Man (Mega Man 11) - Mega Man series
Mega Yarn Yoshi - Yoshi's Woolly World series
Meta Knight - Kirby series
Peach - Super Mario series
Pikmin - Pikmin series (On the way from eBay)
Poochy - Yoshi's Woolly World series
Rosalina - Super Mario series
Terry Bogard - Super Smash Bros. series (Pre-Ordered)
Tiki - Fire Emblem series
Yoshi - Super Mario series

I have every other figure. Gonna shoot to try and maybe get one with each paycheck and save the rest of my money.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MICHELANGELO
HE'S ONE OF A KIND
AND YOU KNOW JUST WHERE TO FIND HIM WHEN IT'S PARTY TIME

The cartoon community is nuts about that show. I watched an episode, and everyone but the main character seems intriguing.

I just don’t know if I want to invest in a show where I couldn’t care less about the protagonist. Especially when her romance is a big part of the show.
LOVE IS POWER
Glad to hear that you're enjoying it but isn't it a little premature to call it one of your favorites when you've only seen two episodes?
I can say it's one of my favorites from Disney due to watching it all...therefore I bless him with being able to make it his fave
Anyway uhhh

View attachment 300013

Craig McCracken’s new show Kid Cosmic is out February 2nd and I’ll shoot anyone who doesn’t watch it.

You don’t even have to enjoy it just give Craig the views.
watch all of Owl House first then we got a deal
tenor - 2020-12-11T132143.034.gif

If you say Smash I will be slightly annoyed for a few seconds!
Smash
Ok, so now that the Owl House has lived up to the hype and I ended up liking the characters a lot, I decided to update my list of future cosplays to make when the comic/manga convention of my island opens again:

I think that this summer I will keep work on the Alex Kidd cosplay, and if I have enough time I could start work on the one for Luz as It seems easy to make.
Luz is quite a player

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
NGL, it would be nice for them to put just the slightest touches to make them a little more unique in future games.

Reminds me of the names IGN gave the Blue Toad & Yellow Toad in the NSMB series: Yvan & Wolley (Navy & Yellow backwards).

Better than the "official" names Bucken-Berry & Ala-Gold

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I like Violet.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I have a PS5, but that's because I never had a PS4 and it made more sense to get a system that will get new games for 7-9 years, then to get a PS4 when it's on it's way out.

I'm stil impressed my parent managed to get one. I was fully expecting to have to wait, and I was fine with that.

Dutch Raikuna

So in the midst of talking to you guys, was watching the first arc of Dr Stone Season 1 again. I think I can say that there are some anime that aren't great to watch one new episode a week for six months. That show is definitely an example (also Fire Force and Shield Hero) of not doing that.

Dr Stone is far, far better binge watching though I still think it has pacing issues.

Doubt I'll be dropping anything this season except for I'm a Spider, which has a cool premise and Aoi Yuki but just feels like boring. Hell no I'm not dropping Laid-Back Camp, Re:Zero and Quintuplets on it though.

Anyways think I might go to bed. Got nothing to do tomorrow important wise (or until next month for that matter) so I'll finally start up Gravity Rush. Also, happy four years Gravity Rush 2!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna tag Noipoi Noipoi and KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms as I just saw the first four episodes of Amphibia and they may be interested about what I thought of the show.

Although I didn't find It as hype as Owl House, I quite liked what I saw a lot.

It reminds me of the first episodes of Adventure Time in tone and comedy, with a lot of comedic moments and a constant subplot which keeps moving throught the episodes (the thing with the three friends of the girl in the case of Amphibia and the Ice King backstory in Adventure Time). It does have a lot of charming moments.

And yeah, just as I liked both Regular Show and Adventure Time but Regular Show was the one I got the most hooked and invested with, I really like what I see on both the Owl House and Amphibia although It is the former the one which caught me the most.

But yeah, I can see why Noipoi likes Amphibia, It has a really neat artstyle and the characters are all cool.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So in the midst of talking to you guys, was watching the first arc of Dr Stone Season 1 again. I think I can say that there are some anime that aren't great to watch one new episode a week for six months. That show is definitely an example (also Fire Force and Shield Hero) of not doing that.

Dr Stone is far, far better binge watching though I still think it has pacing issues.

Doubt I'll be dropping anything this season except for I'm a Spider, which has a cool premise and Aoi Yuki but just feels like boring. Hell no I'm not dropping Laid-Back Camp, Re:Zero and Quintuplets on it though.

Anyways think I might go to bed. Got nothing to do tomorrow important wise (or until next month for that matter) so I'll finally start up Gravity Rush. Also, happy four years Gravity Rush 2!
I'm keeping up with Laid-Back Camp and I plan to start up Re:Zero this weekend. Maaaaybe I'll throw Attack on Titan in there, dunno yet. Still need to catch up on the last couple of seasons with that one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Gonna tag Noipoi Noipoi and KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms as I just saw the first four episodes of Amphibia and they may be interested about what I thought of the show.

Although I didn't find It as hype as Owl House, I quite liked what I saw a lot.

It reminds me of the first episodes of Adventure Time in tone and comedy, with a lot of comedic moments and a constant subplot which keeps moving throught the episodes (the thing with the three friends of the girl in the case of Amphibia and the Ice King backstory in Adventure Time). It does have a lot of charming moments.

And yeah, just as I liked both Regular Show and Adventure Time but Regular Show was the one I got the most hooked and invested with, I really like what I see on both the Owl House and Amphibia although It is the former the one which caught me the most.

But yeah, I can see why Noipoi likes Amphibia, It has a really neat artstyle and the characters are all cool.
It’s cozy bro.

It’s real cozy.

It’s got countryside vibes. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom