• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd be a little upset if Rex wasn't among the last remaining characters in FP2 and they opted instead to give us Octolings and (groan) another Pokemon over him as bonus fighters.

Not too big on Dixie Kong but at least I could understand her inclusion, and Impa would be pretty cool. I'm pretty indifferent overall, though.
These seem to be echo fighters. Which Rex couldn't be.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about Steve right now.

He looks super fun to play.

He also looks like a character that is difficult to master, but when you master, he can be dangerous as hell.

I already see "STEVE IS BROKEN!!!" thumbnails. Yes, Steve is quite good in some aspects, but he isn't a top five character in my opinion.

I feel like fast characters like :ultjoker:, :ultsonic:, :ultpikachu:, :ultpalutena:, and others can take advantage of him by making him struggle to mine.

Also, Steve's recovery is godlike. Probably the best out of the DLC characters' recoveries.

Steve is also going to play like Villager in terms of edgeguarding, but on a ton of steroids. I feel bad for mains who have bad recoveries right now.

So, is this character a top five broken character? No. Is a skilled Steve going to give you a rough time? Yes.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
D

Deleted member

I died in my hardcore world, because a witch was being quite annoying. I was fighting an Enderman, and I came out of the river I was in to run away from the witch.

Unfortunately, the enderman found his chance and killed me.

Whatever, I will continue later. I was doing quite good in that world.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So I left my macro thing running all night on DMO so I could grind without actually needing to be at my computer. Fingers crossed it didn't break or anything.

Also today(and the rest of the week) is gonna be a cleaning day, going by what my parents said. Fall break? more like a cleaning break. Geez.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Woke up and feel like crap as I've been really thinking about my "life burnout" theory like the post I made last night as it also led me to think about friends and family.

It's like a feel of a changing current with people and you don't know what to do about it.

On the bright side I'll know in about an hour whether I'm getting that job experience thing so there is that.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 288550
Wademan94 Wademan94 xD I have been meaning to doodle this for a while, because your Futaba Cream is just too adorable, and I love my Nameless King Silver, but it took me a while to get motivated enough, but after seeing some wholesome stuff prior, I finally could. x'D I don't know why I imagine Silver getting a lot of candies by scaring the crap out of others with lightning and evil eyes, and then giving it all to her.
41C74899-8366-4D2D-979F-6955D273FECF.jpeg

(takes a deep breath)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! I LOVE IT!! I love how this turned out! This is so precious! This made my week already, thank you so much!

D

Deleted member

I died in my hardcore world, because a Witch was being quite annoying. I was fighting an Enderman, and I came out of the river I was in to run away from the witch.

Unfortunately, the enderman found his chance and killed me.

Whatever, I will continue later. I was doing quite good in that world.
This loss may be unfortunate, but at the end of the day, I have to move on.

I am going to beat this game in hardcore mode!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man it's really going to be one of those days were my mood is in a bad swing and this is the first time in about two months. Like your mind is swirling but it's also to do with people worries as well. Like are you doing it right or wrong kinda thing.

I really need to distract myself from social media for a few hours.

May be raining but I'll climb mountains in it or something so that'll work as a nice distraction.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
View attachment 288550
Wademan94 Wademan94 xD I have been meaning to doodle this for a while, because your Futaba Cream is just too adorable, and I love my Nameless King Silver, but it took me a while to get motivated enough, but after seeing some wholesome stuff prior, I finally could. x'D I don't know why I imagine Silver getting a lot of candies by scaring the crap out of others with lightning and evil eyes, and then giving it all to her.
Wow, great job on this! I've really been on a Black Knight kick recently and this made my day!
Also hey! It's been a while :) How have you been?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's not true, the Little Mac counter is already everyone else.

Also you can probably wall jump on the blocks.
Maybe, but at the same time, Mac is probably not gonna way to deal with the Minecart and TNT. Doesn't help that Steve has a ranged grab too.

Also, Steve can platform camp on FD.

It's gonna be worse than Pac Man-Mac, calling it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe, but at the same time, Mac is probably not gonna way to deal with the Minecart and TNT. Doesn't help that Steve has a ranged grab too.
I understand that it's a "losing matchup" but as a Little Mac Expert™ it's far from only a losing battle. The only real issue I see is the Minecart at high percents, but he doesn't have any other real projectiles, which just makes it a footsies game.

Steve also looks like good combo food.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't believe that the history of super top-tiers is going to be
Pikachu
Fox McCloud
Meta Knight
Bayonetta
and Minecraft Steve
We don't know this for sure, though. The character hasn't even come out. This is like people hyping the **** out of Hero and then getting him banned.

Joker will probably remain king.

D

Deleted member

I feel like everyone is overreacting to Steve in terms of how good he will be.

He has some crazy potential, but he isn't a top five character.

I am quite excited to main him though.

D

Deleted member

Joker will probably remain king.
Is Joker better than Pikachu though? I would say this is the Smash game that may not have a definitive top tier.

In 64, it was Pikachu. In Melee, it was Fox. In Brawl, it was Meta Knight. In Smash 4, it was Bayonetta. If you say the definitive top tier is Joker, you will have many Pikachu mains and some others disagreeing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom